Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Testimony of J.C. White ...Patrolman  (Read 11184 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The Testimony of J.C. White ...Patrolman
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2022, 01:26:35 AM »
Advertisement
I thought you might be trying to convey some point.  My mistake.

So What's new?.....  You're often mistaken .....about all aspects of this case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2022, 01:26:35 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2022, 01:29:08 AM »
The pergola and shelter show in the area between the sign and TSBD and give an alternative identification of a caboose, imo.

Here is a quick animation from J.C. Foster’s location on the TUP over the south curb of Main at the west banister. I used an eye-height of 72 inches. The timing begins about when Tina Towner begins her film at the turn and ends near Z313. Even without spectator’s blocking the view Foster’s view of the motorcade wasn’t great.

Thanks James, the animation is great! That’s just about the way I imagined it would appear. It is easy for me to understand why J.C. White wouldn’t be very tempted to try to see the approaching motorcade by looking east. Especially after it turned onto Elm Street and traveled down the slope a bit. His best view was to see it emerge from under the TUP heading west.

I need to take another look at the pergola and shelter area to see if I can identify what you are looking at. You typically have more accurate interpretations of the images than I do. Thanks!

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2022, 01:42:42 AM »
Thats good.
I think that JFK's head might have been too low to see at Z313.
I think that Hickey's head & the AR15 might have been in view at Z313.  Except that the say 10 gawkers at the eastern barricade of the TUP would have blocked White's view.
Anyhow, if White could see the AR15 then he would have heard the AR15 fire an auto burst of at least 3 shots.
The trees on the knoll would have blocked White's view of his left side of Elm St.
Should say White not Foster.
The arrow shows i think the high pillar of the western barricade -- White's eyes might have been at the same elevation as the top of that pillar.

Look at the western end of the pillar between Elm and Main that can be seen below the level of the tracks. It’s close to being in line with the street light that is to camera right of your arrow. I think that line of sight should be about where the top of that pillar would be found. Your arrow might be pointing at the top of the pillar between Main and Commerce Street. Just my opinion…

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2022, 01:42:42 AM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2022, 01:57:04 AM »

Look at the western end of the pillar between Elm and Main that can be seen below the level of the tracks. It’s close to being in line with the street light that is to camera right of your arrow. I think that line of sight should be about where the top of that pillar would be found. Your arrow might be pointing at the top of the pillar between Main and Commerce Street. Just my opinion…
Yes -- but White was on the south side of Main -- which is where Jack drawed his view, & where i put my arrow.
I have edited my wordage to say that the top of that pillar was probly a head height above the top of White's head -- hence he could not see the top of the jfklimo windshield, hence he could not see jfk's head, but i think he might have been able to see Hickey's head, Hickey being half standing.
Here is a view from White's direction -- trees block the north side of Elm St.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:13:51 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2022, 02:02:47 AM »
Yes -- but White was on the south side of Main -- which is where Jack drawed his view, & where i put my arrow.
I have edited my wordage to say that the top of that pillar was probly a head height above the top of White's head -- hence he could not see the top of the jfklimo windshield, hence he could not see jfk's head, but i think he might have been able to see Hickey's head, Hickey being half standing.

His testimony says that he was on the north side of Main:

Mr. BALL. Where were you?
Mr. WHITE. Standing on the west side of the overpass.
Mr. BALL. On the west side of the overpass?
Mr. WHITE. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where were you with reference to Elm. Main or Commerce as they go underneath the overpass?
Mr. WHITE. Approximately at the north curb of Main Street.
Mr. BALL. Approximately the north curb of Main on the corner of the north curb of Main? That would be--
Mr. WHITE. Yes, sir.
Mr. WHITE. Yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2022, 02:02:47 AM »

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2022, 02:15:37 AM »

His testimony says that he was on the north side of Main:

Mr. BALL. Where were you?
Mr. WHITE. Standing on the west side of the overpass.
Mr. WHITE. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where were you with reference to Elm. Main or Commerce as they go underneath the overpass?
Mr. WHITE. Approximately at the north curb of Main Street.
Mr. BALL. Approximately the north curb of Main on the corner of the north curb of Main? That would be--
Mr. WHITE. Yes, sir.
Mr. WHITE. Yes.
Yes -- but we know that he was on the south side.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2022, 02:27:59 AM »
Yes -- but we know that he was on the south side.

The McIntire photos can't speak to where Officer White was at an earlier time. It's also uncertain that White is visible in the photos.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2022, 02:27:59 AM »

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2022, 02:30:48 AM »
Here is view to White from near Houston.