Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: David Von Pein's "evidence" deconstructed  (Read 25048 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: David Von Pein's "evidence" deconstructed
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2022, 09:50:35 AM »
Advertisement
The struggle was over the gun after McDonald grabbed Oswald’s hand over the gun and yanked it out (according to scripture). If the struggle had already started then the gun was out. That’s what McDonald and every other cop on the main floor said.

Hey, John! Doesn't anybody sleep working man's hours?

Watch the beginning of the youtube video I posted and share whether you got a similar impression as mine, that Bentley claimed it was his hand that interrupted a revolver shot discharging, especially since McDonald does not mention it at all.
40 years later, in his Sixth Floor oral history video, as you posted, McDonald is definitely "reciting scripture".
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 09:51:17 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2022, 09:50:35 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2022, 09:58:51 AM »
To quote from some of Richard Smith's recent posts....

Wow!

John Iacoletti is now running neck-and-neck with James R. Gordon of The Education Forum for first place in the "CTers In Total Denial" race.

Wow. Yet another empty “rebuttal”. Make a complete faith and assumption-based argument instead of an evidence-based one, declare yourself correct and then respond to every substantive objection not by actually addressing the objection, but by bleating “denial”. And people wonder why the LN “Oswald did it” position is likened to a religious cult. It operates exactly like one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:03:13 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2022, 10:02:18 AM »
Watch the beginning of the youtube video I posted and share whether you got a similar impression as mine, that Bentley claimed it was his hand that interrupted a revolver shot discharging,

Yes, all I can figure is that Bentley and McDonald were holding hands.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2022, 10:02:18 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2022, 10:05:08 AM »
And people wonder why the LN “Oswald did it” position is likened to a religious cult. It operates exactly like one.

Pot/Kettle time (again).

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2022, 10:19:14 AM »
Pot/Kettle time (again).

David, in the youtube video, the interviewer asks Bentley what happened in the backseat of "the squad" after Oswald
refused to provide his name. Bentley replied that he got Oswald's (3rd or possibly his 4th?) wallet out of his pocket and got his name from a library card. The interviewer then describes the address street name, Elsbeth, seeming to confirm it was the library card in the image I include below....

My past research indicates there was no public disclosure of the fabricated Selective Service document with the name, Hidell until the following spring.

Don't you find it odd that the DPD had knowledge of Oswald's link to Bowen-Corsi so soon, but neither the DPD or FBI ever publicly connected Bowen-Corsi to his ex-brother-in-law Dial Ryder? Or, that Bowen-Corsi was associated with Dial's sister's
(Lucille Fleta Ryder) (Bowen-Corsi's ex-wife) next husband, Roy Mantooth (convicted of burglary of a post office and theft of blank old style money orders and a printer) and Mantooth's brother?
I notice John Kowalski on the Ed Forum is posting as if this Dial Ryder / Bowen-Corsi is his discovery. Dial was 12 years younger than his sister, Lucille Fleta Ryder Bowen Mantooth.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:32:48 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2022, 10:19:14 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »
David...

Don't you find it odd that the DPD had knowledge of Oswald's link to Bowen-Corsi so soon, but neither the DPD or FBI ever publicly connected Bowen-Corsi to his ex-brother-in-law Dial Ryder? Or, that Bowen-Corsi was associated with Dial's sister's (Lucille Fleta Ryder) (Bowen-Corsi's ex-wife) next husband, Roy Mantooth (convicted of burglary of a post office and theft of blank old style money orders and a printer) and Mantooth's brother?

That sounds like a bunch of insignificant six-degrees-of-separation nonsense to me, Tom.

I'm almost inclined to think you're kidding and poking a little fun at over-zealous CTers with this above post of yours. (But you aren't poking fun, are you?)

Anyway, the one thing I'm still waiting for the police to investigate is the connection between Wilma Tice's future mother-in-law and Bonnie Ray Williams' ex-mailman in the year 1952! Seems to me that connection can't be overlooked when discussing the subject of conspiracy in the Kennedy case.

Obligatory ---
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:45:49 AM by David Von Pein »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2022, 10:48:41 AM »
Sorry if it turns out to be irrelevant but I thought there was at least a 50/50 chance that is where Chapman got his impression and mistook what Vince was saying, for exaggeration.

But what portion of that very long excerpt from Vincent's Sixth Floor Museum talk do you think is relevant at all? Care to elaborate? I'm just a little curious is all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2022, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2022, 11:00:12 AM »
But what portion of that very long excerpt from Vincent's Sixth Floor Museum talk do you think is relevant at all? Care to elaborate? I'm just a little curious is all.

I didn't post that it was a 100% match to Chapman's description and I posted it on a hunch Chapman may have
misinterpreted Vince's point, excerpted below.

Btw, Bug said he wrote RH as if he was at trial, exaggerating on purpose

https://www.c-span.org/video/?198568-1/reclaiming-history-assassination-jfk
00:10:41
...THEY HAVE REJECTED THE FINDINGS OF THE WARREN COMMISSION SO IT WAS AT THAT POINT THAT I DECIDED TO WRITE A BOOK, WAY BACK IN 1986 AND I STARTED WORKING ON IT IN '86. FINALLY FINISHED. IT'S DIFFICULT FOR ME TO SPEAK CANDIDLY ABOUT RECLAIMING HISTORY. PAUL WAS SAYING I HAD THREE BOOKS NO. 1 IN THE "NEW YORK TIMES" AND I NEVER BRAGGED ABOUT THOSE BOOKS. I JUST DIDN'T DO IT. THE PROBLEM I HAVE HERE IN SPEAKING CANDIDLY ABOUT RECLAIMING HISTORY IS THAT IF I'M CANDID IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M VERY IMMODEST WHICH IS NOT GOOD, ALTHOUGH CHURCHILL TAUGHT US THAT MODESTY IS NOT ALWAYS A VIRTUE AND HE WAS RUNNING FOR ELECTION AND ONE OF THE REPORTERS SAID MR. SIR WINSTON YOU HAVE TO AGREE MR. ATLY WAS MORE MODEST AND HE SAID YES BUT HE HAS MUCH MORE TO BE MODEST

00:13:17
ABOUT. [LAUGHTER] >> IN ANY EVENT, IT'S DIFFICULT FOR ME TO SPEAK CANDIDLY ABOUT IT BECAUSE I SOUND LIKE I'M BOASTING, BUT THE ALTERNATIVE IS EVEN WORSE. WHAT'S THE ALTERNATIVE? WELL, IF I DON'T SPEAK CANDIDLY ABOUT IT, PEOPLE COULD BELIEVE THAT THIS IS JUST ANOTHER BOOK ON THE ASSASSINATION OUT OF THE CLOSE TO 1,000. BUT I'M SORRY IT'S NOT JUST ANOTHER BOOK. ...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 11:09:06 AM by Tom Scully »