Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Brown/Weidmann, Mini-Debate?  (Read 34705 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Brown/Weidmann, Mini-Debate?
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2022, 01:36:30 AM »
Advertisement
And the REAL Weidmann is beginning to show.

You mean the one who is confronting you with actual factual information you don't like? He has been here all along.

Neither of the 1:19 verbal timestamps relate to Whether or not Callaway jumped on the squad car radio before helping to load the body into the ambulance.

Did I ever say it did? It has everything to do with demonstrating conclusively that the official time line (based on the DPD recordings/transcripts simply isn't credible. The audio recording is useful in some ways, but not as far as radio time vs real time is concerned. What the audio recording (which you now agree is non-stop) does do is actually destroy any possibility of Callaway loading Tippit into the ambulance before making his call. Now, are you man enough to want to find out that your opinion is wrong or will you continue to play silly games?

I say Callaway helped load the body BEFORE getting on the squad car radio.  Scoggins agrees with me.  THIS is the topic.

Sure about that? I could have sworn you started by talking about the DPD audio and transcripts and I was the one wondering what you were doing.

But yes, that should be the topic, but I somehow think that I'll be encountering all sorts of road blocks to prevent me from making a conclusive argument which will utterly destroy your claim.

(which you now agree is non-stop)

What do you mean "now"?  I've always believed the communication was non-stop during this time.

But yes, that should be the topic, but I somehow think that I'll be encountering all sorts of road blocks to prevent me from making a conclusive argument which will utterly destroy your claim.

Road blocks    :D

I've asked you at least three times (feels like more) to go ahead and make your point.

You should stop discussing me and start making your point.

In the meantime, I wait anxiously (yeah right) for you to address the comments by Scoggins that the man who grabbed the revolver from the front seat (obviously Callaway) and said "let's go see if we can find him" is the same man who jumped on the police radio AFTER the ambulance had already left.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2022, 01:36:30 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2022, 01:48:46 AM »

What do you mean "now"?  I've always believed the communication was non-stop during this time.

Road blocks    :D

I've asked you at least three times (feels like more) to go ahead and make your point.

In the meantime, I wait anxiously (yeah right) for you to address the comments by Scoggins that the man who grabbed the revolver from the front seat (obviously Callaway) and said "let's go see if we can find him" is the same man who jumped on the police radio AFTER the ambulance had already left.

And I have told you just as many times that I will make my point after you answer my question.

Perhaps you should stop telling me what to do.... How about that?

I will reply to what witnesses said, once we get to that point. For the time being we were talking about the DPD audio and transcripts. Besides, I'm not really interested in your opinion about a remark a witness made. Witnesses say all sorts of things and hardly ever get anything 100% right. For you to depend on a statement by Scoggins shows nothing but weakness.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2022, 01:55:02 AM »
Just to be absolutely clear; I'm already sick and tired of your "on the fence" act.

Your reluctance to even commit to the first 1:19 call or the second one, as the correct one, is a complete demonstration of insecurity about what's going to come. I understand you want to keep all options open, but don't ask me to debate facts (not your opinions) when you haven't got the balls to stand by your belief and answer a simple question.

You already have gotten yourself into a massive mess. Perhaps you should consider pulling out of this debate, because you are not very good at it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:30:09 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2022, 01:55:02 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2022, 03:01:10 AM »
Just to be absolutely clear; I'm already sick and tired of your "on the fence" act.

Your reluctance to even commit to the first 1:19 call or the second one, as the correct one, is a complete demonstration of insecurity about what's going to come. I understand you want to keep all options open, but don't ask me to debate facts (not your opinions) when you haven't got the balls to stand by your belief and answer a simple question.

You already have gotten yourself into a massive mess. Perhaps you should consider pulling out of this debate, because you are not very good at it.

Your reluctance to even commit to the first 1:19 call or the second one,

Again with "which one is the correct one" nonsense.  You seem to be mistakenly believing that the dispatcher was saying the time was 1:19:00 when he said 1:19.  Get on with your point.  Or don't.  That part is up  to you.

You already have gotten yourself into a massive mess.

Perhaps you should consider pulling out of this debate, because you are not very good at it.

You'd like that.

Again, stop discussing me.  Discuss the topic.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 03:02:06 AM by Bill Brown »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2022, 03:26:32 AM »
Domingo Benavides said that Callaway got on the patrol car radio to report the shooting and the "officer" at the other end (the dispatcher) told Callaway that they already had that information and to stay off the air.

Benavides then said that Callaway grabbed the service revolver and said to Benavides that they should go chase the killer.

Benavides said he declined and added that Callaway then went over to the cab driver (Scoggins).

Callaway said to Scoggins "Let's get the son of a As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'".

Nothing about Callaway helping to load the body into the ambulance (because this had already been done earlier and the ambulance was gone).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2022, 03:26:32 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2022, 03:29:50 AM »
Again....

Scoggins tells you that "someone" got on the radio once the ambulance left and this "someone" grabbed the service revolver.  Now who do you think that was?

"And then I got out of the cab and run down there; the ambulance had
already arrived by the time I got there, and they were in the process
of picking the man up, and they had done had him, was putting him on
the stretcher when I got there, and they put him in the ambulance and
took him away, and there was someone that got on the radio at that
time and they told him he was going to report it, so they told him to
get off the air, that it had already been reported, and he picks up
the officer's pistol that was laying on the ground, apparently fell
out of his holster when he fell, and says, "Come on, let's go see if
we can find him."
-- WILLIAM SCOGGINS

Read it again.

The "someone that got on the radio" was Callaway and the "at that
time"
was once the ambulance "took him away".

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2022, 03:37:25 AM »
Witnesses say all sorts of things and hardly ever get anything 100% right.

Agreed, and I will point out examples of this later.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2022, 03:37:25 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2022, 11:28:31 AM »
AFFIDAVIT IN ANY FACT
THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF DALLAS
BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Ted Callaway 2/m/40 of 805 West 8th Street, WH-67-8045 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

I am the manager of the Used Car lot at 501 E. Jefferson. I was working today when I heard some shots. This was about 1 pm. I ran out into Patton Street and looked to see what the shooting was about. I saw a white man running South on Patton with a pistol in hand. I hollered at him and he looked around at me, then kept on going. I ran around on 10th Street and saw a Police officer laying in the street. He looked dead to me. I got the officer's gun and hollered at a cab driver to come on, We might catch the man. We got into his cab, number 213 and drove up Patton to Jefferson and looked all around, but did not see him. The number 2 man in the line up that I saw at City Hall is the man I saw with the gun in his hand.

/s/ Ted Callaway

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 22 DAY OF November A.D. 1963

/s/ Patsy Collins
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas