Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Were there two cameras from Zapruder’s perch?  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Were there two cameras from Zapruder’s perch?
« on: April 10, 2022, 05:21:58 AM »
Advertisement

What are we seeing here?
Do the notations identify accurately what is depicted in the photo?
The Moorman photo seems to show two people standing... and maybe two cameras... or is one a camera and one a scope?

Screen-Shot-2022-04-09-at-10-45-36-PM" border="0

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: April 10, 2022, 05:21:58 AM »

Offline John Mytton

Re: Were there two cameras from Zapruder’s perch?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 05:48:10 AM »
Sitzman: Then ... he ... I don't know if he had decided before or had picked a spot, but he went on top of the ... what do you call it?
Thompson: The concrete square ... concrete ... yeah.
Sitzman: Yes. Well, he stood up there, and he asked me to come up and stand behind him, 'cause when he takes the pictures looking through the telescopic lens, he might get dizzy, and he wanted me to stand behind him, so in case he got dizzy I could hold onto him. so I got up behind him, and we saw the motorcade turn the corner at Main onto Houston. He hadn't started taking the pictures there then, and we watched them as they came down Houston; and just as the motorcycles that were leading the parade came ... started ... came around the corner and started down the hill, he started taking the pictures then. And there's nothing unusual about it ... (interrupted by a knock -- tape recorder turned off).
Thompson: (resumes recording) So now I believe the motorcade has made the turn onto Houston Street and is proceeding down Houston Street. Sorry we were interrupted.
Sitzman: Try it again. There was nothing unusual until the first sound, which I thought was a firecracker, mainly because of the reaction of President Kennedy. He put his hands up to guard his face and leaned to the left, and the motorcade, you know, proceeded down the hill. And the next thing that I remembered correct ... clearly was the shot that hit him directly in front of us, or almost directly in front of us, that hit him on the side of his fa ... [sic]

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 06:38:39 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
From 2013, in the days before I came to my senses.  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 02:27:03 AM »

I’ve wondered for a while if Zapruder... and now Sitzman... were present with cameras mostly to document the dirty deed... mostly to identify who might have been on the scene taking photos or filming action taking place on the grassy knoll... behind the wall and fence, etc...

Perhaps Zapruder’s story of having to be reminded to take his camera is a made-up story for the purpose of protecting him from the accusation that he was part of the plot...

And perhaps Time/Life’s purchase of full rights to Zapruder’s film and then “sitting” on it for over a decade, was part of the plot as well...

The larger the conspiracy, the fewer the actors who can be trusted... from law enforcement on down... from the White House on down...

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 04:02:31 AM »
I’ve wondered for a while if Zapruder... and now Sitzman... were present with cameras mostly to document the dirty deed... mostly to identify who might have been on the scene taking photos or filming action taking place on the grassy knoll... behind the wall and fence, etc...

Perhaps Zapruder’s story of having to be reminded to take his camera is a made-up story for the purpose of protecting him from the accusation that he was part of the plot...

And perhaps Time/Life’s purchase of full rights to Zapruder’s film and then “sitting” on it for over a decade, was part of the plot as well...

The larger the conspiracy, the fewer the actors who can be trusted... from law enforcement on down... from the White House on down...

If Marilyn Sitzman would have had a camera, and was filming as she stood behind him, he would have mentioned this at the time after the shooting.  How would she be able to hold onto Z plus operate a camera at the same time, all with one hand?   The sole purpose for her getting up there was to hold onto Zapruder because he had vertigo--which is not a pleasant thing to have at all if you've ever experienced it, and standing on a concrete block that is 4 feet high with limited space is very dangerous for someone with vertigo, I do not believe that she would have taken her hand off him, and to assume that she did such a thing when he, her boss, trusted her to help him, is pushing it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 04:02:31 AM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 04:37:01 AM »
If Marilyn Sitzman would have had a camera, and was filming as she stood behind him, he would have mentioned this at the time after the shooting.  How would she be able to hold onto Z plus operate a camera at the same time, all with one hand?   The sole purpose for her getting up there was to hold onto Zapruder because he had vertigo--which is not a pleasant thing to have at all if you've ever experienced it, and standing on a concrete block that is 4 feet high with limited space is very dangerous for someone with vertigo, I do not believe that she would have taken her hand off him, and to assume that she did such a thing when he, her boss, trusted her to help him, is pushing it.

I suppose Z. might have been diagnosed and under treatment for vertigo... possibly... I don’t know...
But if there were a conspiracy of any reasonable size... and if Z. and Sitzman were part of it... on site to document as I mentioned above, they probably wouldn’t have divulged anything about Sitzman filming or even about anyone else being on site with them... They actually could have made up any story to tell, in order to cover their part in the scheme...

The larger the conspiracy, the fewer people we can trust...
If there were a sizeable conspiracy, I can imagine those involved wanting a film documentary of the event to identify who might be on site to contradict the narrative the conspirators would want to give the public...

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 04:39:54 AM by Jake Maxwell »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 03:45:22 PM »
I suppose Z. might have been diagnosed and under treatment for vertigo... possibly... I don’t know...
But if there were a conspiracy of any reasonable size... and if Z. and Sitzman were part of it... on site to document as I mentioned above, they probably wouldn’t have divulged anything about Sitzman filming or even about anyone else being on site with them... They actually could have made up any story to tell, in order to cover their part in the scheme...
The larger the conspiracy, the fewer people we can trust...
If there were a sizeable conspiracy, I can imagine those involved wanting a film documentary of the event to identify who might be on site to contradict the narrative the conspirators would want to give the public...

Jake, you're really pushing it here.  You behave as if no one was around to see Zapruder and Sitzman that day.  Two co-workers were a few feet away from Zapruder and Sitzman as the motorcade was coming to DP.  The Hester couple, whom Zapruder filmed from next to the concrete block he would be standing on.  Miss Sitzman is standing with her back to the camera as Zapruder filmed the Hester couple, and Sitzman conversing with them.  The brief glimpse we get of the three of them in today's copies of the film conversing isn't all that Zapruder filmed of them that day.  The unedited film shows Mrs. Hester pointing to Zapruder, and Marilyn Sitzman turning around and waving at the camera. In March 1977. I received my very first copy of the Zapruder film, which was a Super 8. Very poor in quality by today's standards, this is the copy of the film I had that shows the Sitzman and the Hester's pre-assassination footage.   I don't understand why you think there was a conspiracy involving Miss Sitzman and Zapruder.  The entire theory is outrageous.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 03:45:22 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 04:20:18 PM »
The unedited film shows Mrs. Hester pointing to Zapruder, and Marilyn Sitzman turning around and waving at the camera.