Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Are these two photos legit?  (Read 16907 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Are these two photos legit?
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2022, 03:15:34 AM »
Advertisement

None of them specifically said what you are implying.

What desperate straw are you grasping at with that comment?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2022, 03:15:34 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2022, 03:38:18 AM »
What desperate straw are you grasping at with that comment?

Come on Dan, you think you can read the minds of the people testifying to the Warren Commission by applying your interpretation of their words. What you might want to consider is that these officers were involved with searching the entire building. A statement such as “It was right around where the boxes were, where the hulls were” when put in perspective with even just the sixth floor area could easily mean to include the area where the lunch remains were photographed. Your interpretation is just your opinion. It most definitely is not what he said.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2022, 05:06:02 AM »
Come on Dan, you think you can read the minds of the people testifying to the Warren Commission by applying your interpretation of their words. What you might want to consider is that these officers were involved with searching the entire building. A statement such as “It was right around where the boxes were, where the hulls were” when put in perspective with even just the sixth floor area could easily mean to include the area where the lunch remains were photographed. Your interpretation is just your opinion. It most definitely is not what he said.

Really Charles?
You think my interpretation of what the officers say regarding the location of the lunch remains is at fault?
In that case, as it is an important point, I'll go through each statement made by the officers, provide my interpretation of what they're saying and you can show me where I'm going wrong.

Deputy Sheriff A D McCurley

"We were searching the 6th floor when Deputy Sheriff Mooney...hollered that he had found the place where the assassin had fired from. I went over and saw three expended shells laying by the window that faced onto Elm Street, along with a half-eaten piece of chicken that was laying on a cardboard carton. It appeared as if the assassin had piled up a bunch of boxes to hid him from anyone who happened to come up on that floor..."

My interpretation:
McCurley hears Mooney shout from the SN. He goes over to the SN where he sees the shells on the floor and a half-eaten piece of chicken on a box. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Deputy Sheriff Harry Weatherford

"I came down to the 6th floor and while searching this floor, Deputy Luke Mooney said, "Here are some shells". I went over to where he was and saw three expended rifle shells, a sack on the floor and a partially eaten piece of chicken on top of one of the cartons which was used as a sort of barricade..."

My interpretation:
Weatherford hears Mooney shout from the SN. He goes over to the SN where he sees shells on the floor and a partially eaten piece of chicken on top of one of the boxes that actually forms the SN (barricade). The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Deputy Sheriff Luke Mooney [describing what he saw while he was stood in the SN]

"I did see this one partially eaten piece of fried chicken laying over to the right...It would be laying over on the top of these other boxes...There was one of them partially eaten. And there was a little small paper poke...Saw the chicken bone was laying here. The poke was laying about a foot away from it...He [the assassin] wouldn't have had to leave the location. He could just maybe take one step and lay it over there, if he was the one that put it there."

My interpretation:
Mooney is stood in the SN. He sees a partially eaten piece of chicken and a lunch sack (poke) on top of one of the boxes there. He makes the point that the assassin could take one step and put the remains on the box. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Officer E. D.Brewer DPD

Mr. Belin: How many cartridge cases did you see?
Mr. Brewer: Three.
Mr. Belin: Where were they?
Mr. Brewer: They were there under, by the window.
Mr. Belin: What window?
Mr. Brewer: In the southeast corner of the building, facing south.
Mr. Belin: See anything else there at the time by the window?
Mr. Brewer:Paper lunch sack and some chicken bones or partially eaten piece of chicken, or a piece of chicken.
Mr. Belin: Anything else?
Mr. Brewer: A drink bottle.
Mr. Belin: What bottle?
Mr. Brewer: A cold drink bottle, soda pop bottle.

My interpretation:
Brewer sees the shells under the window in the southeast corner of the 6th floor. This is where the SN is. By the southeast corner window he also sees a lunch sack, a partially eaten piece of chicken and a soda pop bottle. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Sergeant Gerald Hill DPD

"The boxes were stacked in sort of a three-sided shield. That would have concealed from general view, unless somebody specifically walked up and looked over them, anyone who was in a sitting or crouched position between them and the window...On top of the larger stack of boxes that would have been used for concealment. there was a chicken leg bone and a paper sack which appeared to have been about the size normally used for a lunch sack."

My interpretation:
Hill describes the SN (sort of a three-sided shield). On top of one of the larger boxes that form the SN Hill sees a chicken leg bone and a paper sack. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Motorcycle Officer Clyde Haygood DPD

Mr. Belin: You saw some shells there?
Mr. Haygood: Yes.
Mr. Belin: Where did you see them?
Mr. Haygood: They were there under the window.
Mr. Belin: Which window?
Mr. Haygood: On the southeast corner.
Mr. Belin: South side or east side?
Mr. Haygood: On the southeast corner facing south.
Mr. Belin: See any paper bags or anything around there?
Mr. Haygood: Yes; there was a lunch bag there. You could call it a lunch bag.
Mr. Ball: Where was that?
Mr. Haygood: There at the same location where the shells were.
Mr. Belin: Was there a coke bottle or anything with it?
Mr. Haygood: Dr. Pepper bottle.

My interpretation:
Haygood sees the shells under the window in the southeast corner of the building. At that same location he sees a lunch bag and a Dr Pepper bottle. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig

Mr. Craig: I went over there and--uh--didn't get too close because the shells were laying on the ground and there was--uh--oh, a sack and a bunch of things laying over there. So, you know, not to bother the area, I just went back across.
Mr. Belin: Now, you say there was a sack laying there?
Mr. Craig: Yes; I believe it was laying on top of a box, if I'm not mistaken.
Mr. Belin: How big a sack was that?
Mr. Craig: It was a paper bag (indicating with hands)--a small paper bag.
Mr. Belin: Well, the kind-of paper bag that you carry your lunch in?
Mr. Craig: Yeah,--uh-huh.
Mr. Belin: Was it more than a foot long?
Mr. Craig: I don't know. I think it was rolled up kind of.
Mr. Belin: You think it was rolled up?
Mr. Craig: Yeah; you know, kind of crushed up.

My interpretation:
Craig goes over to where the shells are lying on the ground. He is at the SN. In the same area he sees a lunch bag on top of a box. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Officer L. D. Montgomery DPD

Mr. Montgomery: Well, first I reported to Captain Fritz, my partner and I and he assigned us to this position over there where the boxes were.
Mr. Montgomery: It would be what--the southeast corner of the building--over there from where the shooting took place.
Mr. Ball: Did you see anything else over in the southeast corner of that sixth floor?
Mr. Montgomery: Well, sir, as I say, there was a lot of boxes and there was a sack and there was this pieces of chicken.
Mr. Ball: Was there a piece of chicken over there?
Mr. Montgomery: Yes, sir--there was chicken bones and what not--it looked like somebody had been eating chicken there.
Mr. Montgomery: It was right there with the boxes...there was one piece of chicken on a box and there was a piece on the floor--just kind of scattered around right there.

My interpretation:
Montgomery is in the southeast corner "where the shooting took place". He is at the SN. Here he sees a piece of chicken on a box and a piece on the floor "right there with the boxes". The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

I look forward to your analysis and corrections to my interpretations of the officer's words.
It is clear, to me at least, that all eight officers place the lunch remains at the SN. Some officers actually place the lunch remains on top of the SN.
But this is not where they are photographed, meaning BRW's lunch remains were re-staged about 30ft away, near the third set of windows from the east side.

Good luck  Thumb1:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 05:07:11 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2022, 05:06:02 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2022, 01:13:58 PM »
Really Charles?
You think my interpretation of what the officers say regarding the location of the lunch remains is at fault?
In that case, as it is an important point, I'll go through each statement made by the officers, provide my interpretation of what they're saying and you can show me where I'm going wrong.

Deputy Sheriff A D McCurley

"We were searching the 6th floor when Deputy Sheriff Mooney...hollered that he had found the place where the assassin had fired from. I went over and saw three expended shells laying by the window that faced onto Elm Street, along with a half-eaten piece of chicken that was laying on a cardboard carton. It appeared as if the assassin had piled up a bunch of boxes to hid him from anyone who happened to come up on that floor..."

My interpretation:
McCurley hears Mooney shout from the SN. He goes over to the SN where he sees the shells on the floor and a half-eaten piece of chicken on a box. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Deputy Sheriff Harry Weatherford

"I came down to the 6th floor and while searching this floor, Deputy Luke Mooney said, "Here are some shells". I went over to where he was and saw three expended rifle shells, a sack on the floor and a partially eaten piece of chicken on top of one of the cartons which was used as a sort of barricade..."

My interpretation:
Weatherford hears Mooney shout from the SN. He goes over to the SN where he sees shells on the floor and a partially eaten piece of chicken on top of one of the boxes that actually forms the SN (barricade). The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Deputy Sheriff Luke Mooney [describing what he saw while he was stood in the SN]

"I did see this one partially eaten piece of fried chicken laying over to the right...It would be laying over on the top of these other boxes...There was one of them partially eaten. And there was a little small paper poke...Saw the chicken bone was laying here. The poke was laying about a foot away from it...He [the assassin] wouldn't have had to leave the location. He could just maybe take one step and lay it over there, if he was the one that put it there."

My interpretation:
Mooney is stood in the SN. He sees a partially eaten piece of chicken and a lunch sack (poke) on top of one of the boxes there. He makes the point that the assassin could take one step and put the remains on the box. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Officer E. D.Brewer DPD

Mr. Belin: How many cartridge cases did you see?
Mr. Brewer: Three.
Mr. Belin: Where were they?
Mr. Brewer: They were there under, by the window.
Mr. Belin: What window?
Mr. Brewer: In the southeast corner of the building, facing south.
Mr. Belin: See anything else there at the time by the window?
Mr. Brewer:Paper lunch sack and some chicken bones or partially eaten piece of chicken, or a piece of chicken.
Mr. Belin: Anything else?
Mr. Brewer: A drink bottle.
Mr. Belin: What bottle?
Mr. Brewer: A cold drink bottle, soda pop bottle.

My interpretation:
Brewer sees the shells under the window in the southeast corner of the 6th floor. This is where the SN is. By the southeast corner window he also sees a lunch sack, a partially eaten piece of chicken and a soda pop bottle. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Sergeant Gerald Hill DPD

"The boxes were stacked in sort of a three-sided shield. That would have concealed from general view, unless somebody specifically walked up and looked over them, anyone who was in a sitting or crouched position between them and the window...On top of the larger stack of boxes that would have been used for concealment. there was a chicken leg bone and a paper sack which appeared to have been about the size normally used for a lunch sack."

My interpretation:
Hill describes the SN (sort of a three-sided shield). On top of one of the larger boxes that form the SN Hill sees a chicken leg bone and a paper sack. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Motorcycle Officer Clyde Haygood DPD

Mr. Belin: You saw some shells there?
Mr. Haygood: Yes.
Mr. Belin: Where did you see them?
Mr. Haygood: They were there under the window.
Mr. Belin: Which window?
Mr. Haygood: On the southeast corner.
Mr. Belin: South side or east side?
Mr. Haygood: On the southeast corner facing south.
Mr. Belin: See any paper bags or anything around there?
Mr. Haygood: Yes; there was a lunch bag there. You could call it a lunch bag.
Mr. Haygood: There at the same location where the shells were.
Mr. Belin: Was there a coke bottle or anything with it?
Mr. Haygood: Dr. Pepper bottle.

My interpretation:
Haygood sees the shells under the window in the southeast corner of the building. At that same location he sees a lunch bag and a Dr Pepper bottle. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig

Mr. Craig: I went over there and--uh--didn't get too close because the shells were laying on the ground and there was--uh--oh, a sack and a bunch of things laying over there. So, you know, not to bother the area, I just went back across.
Mr. Belin: Now, you say there was a sack laying there?
Mr. Craig: Yes; I believe it was laying on top of a box, if I'm not mistaken.
Mr. Belin: How big a sack was that?
Mr. Craig: It was a paper bag (indicating with hands)--a small paper bag.
Mr. Belin: Well, the kind-of paper bag that you carry your lunch in?
Mr. Craig: Yeah,--uh-huh.
Mr. Belin: Was it more than a foot long?
Mr. Craig: I don't know. I think it was rolled up kind of.
Mr. Belin: You think it was rolled up?
Mr. Craig: Yeah; you know, kind of crushed up.

My interpretation:
Craig goes over to where the shells are lying on the ground. He is at the SN. In the same area he sees a lunch bag on top of a box. The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

Officer L. D. Montgomery DPD

Mr. Montgomery: Well, first I reported to Captain Fritz, my partner and I and he assigned us to this position over there where the boxes were.
Mr. Montgomery: It would be what--the southeast corner of the building--over there from where the shooting took place.
Mr. Ball: Did you see anything else over in the southeast corner of that sixth floor?
Mr. Montgomery: Well, sir, as I say, there was a lot of boxes and there was a sack and there was this pieces of chicken.
Mr. Ball: Was there a piece of chicken over there?
Mr. Montgomery: Yes, sir--there was chicken bones and what not--it looked like somebody had been eating chicken there.
Mr. Montgomery: It was right there with the boxes...there was one piece of chicken on a box and there was a piece on the floor--just kind of scattered around right there.

My interpretation:
Montgomery is in the southeast corner "where the shooting took place". He is at the SN. Here he sees a piece of chicken on a box and a piece on the floor "right there with the boxes". The lunch remains are, therefore, where the SN is.

I look forward to your analysis and corrections to my interpretations of the officer's words.
It is clear, to me at least, that all eight officers place the lunch remains at the SN. Some officers actually place the lunch remains on top of the SN.
But this is not where they are photographed, meaning BRW's lunch remains were re-staged about 30ft away, near the third set of windows from the east side.

Good luck  Thumb1:

I repeat, none of these officers specifically say exactly where they saw the lunch remains. Your interpretations are only your opinions. And your conclusion is based on your opinions.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2022, 02:51:48 PM »

I repeat, none of these officers specifically say exactly where they saw the lunch remains. Your interpretations are only your opinions. And your conclusion is based on your opinions.

You're inability to deal with this issue has been recorded for all to see.
I am more than satisfied the point has been made that all eight officers place the lunch remains where the SN is.
You're in denial Charles.
Good luck with that.  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2022, 02:51:48 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2022, 03:09:33 PM »

You're inability to deal with this issue has been recorded for all to see.
I am more than satisfied the point has been made that all eight officers place the lunch remains where the SN is.
You're in denial Charles.
Good luck with that.  Thumb1:

Three more opinions that are clearly wrong. Have fun with your fantasies!

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2022, 03:30:39 PM »

Exactly.  The use of imprecise language by witnesses to recall events from their memory is then subject to the pedantic review of others with 60 years of hindsight seeking to confirm their subjective interpretations of those events.  What, for example, constitutes the "sniper's nest" is not necessary the same for everyone.  It could, for example, encompass the entirety of the 6th floor. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2022, 03:30:39 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2022, 04:18:15 PM »

Was just watching some of Alyea's footage and noticed this moment.
It is taken before the "rifle" footage and shows Fritz and other officers congregating in the southeast corner. There is then a very short clip showing Fritz and an officer I can't make out crouched down in the SN where the shells lie on the floor. There is a very brief glimpse of Fritz's hand coming into view as he holds something small in his fingers (red circle). It's impossible to make out what it is but it does raise a few questions, like "what small thing could Fritz be picking up from the area where the shells are lying?"

Captain Fritz wore glasses. In a much clearer version of that scene neither detective is wearing glasses. I've believed those two were Sims and Boyd (not sure which is which). BTW, this scene is 5-10 minutes before the SN photos were taken between 13:15-13:20.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 04:22:15 PM by James Hackerott »