Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 100631 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1816 on: January 08, 2024, 06:41:45 PM »
Advertisement
When did you first notice how radicalized you had become? Do you even notice yet that there is a cult of personality swallowing reason in America and that Biden is in office resulting from a coalition, 42 percent white, the most highly educated white voters, and 58 percent other than white producing 80 million votes against the cult of personality bleater, three years ago? Of the 20 states with voting majorities earning greatest per capita batchelor's degrees or higher, Trump won only the 19th highest educated, Montana. Of the least 20 best educated state voting majorities, Trump won 17 !

The war against public education, signaled by the Trump appointment of Betsy Devos and confirmed by the DeSantis-Rufo-Fox News vandalism of K-16 public education is supported by the 2020 presidential election results in which no state voting majority earning 35 percent batchelor's degrees or higher voted for Trump.

The Trump party response to the third anniversary of January 6 clearly indicates it is irredeemable.

https://twitter.com/marshalgrouchy/status/1744032099898712475
marshalgrouchy
@marshalgrouchy
@espinsegall
 #Jonathan_Turley_on_the_Ashli_Babbitt_Horst_Wesslel_non_controversy 
Turley having captured an audience of right wing lunatics is now their prisoner.
Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
·
17h
The long-awaited tort action from the family of Ashli Babbitt has now been filed in Southern California. The complaint adds some troubling facts to prior concerns over the government's investigation and findings on the only shooting in the Jan. 6th riot. https://jonathanturley.org/2024/01/07/family-of-ashli-babbitt-files-30-million-wrongful-death-action/
11:23 AM · Jan 7, 2024

Expressing concern that the president appears to be suffering from cognitive issues relating to dementia is being radicalized?  The man is clearly confused and disoriented.  Even the most radical Trump hater must recognize that Old Joe is having trouble finding his way off the stage.  He often blanks out or utters gibberish that is indecipherable to humans.   It is sad to see any person in that state.  What is radicalized from a political perspective, however, are things like changing election laws in the weeks leading up to an election in a way that is most favorable to a candidate, censoring speech, controlling the media, and using the justice system to imprison political opponents or keep them off the ballot.  Those are chilling tactics of totalatariian states.  There was a time that liberals were champions of free speech and fair elections.  Those days are long gone.  Now the ends justify any means to stop Trump.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 07:09:32 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1816 on: January 08, 2024, 06:41:45 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #1817 on: January 09, 2024, 11:53:27 PM »
Expressing concern that the president appears to be suffering from cognitive issues relating to dementia is being radicalized?  The man is clearly confused and disoriented.  Even the most radical Trump hater must recognize that Old Joe is having trouble finding his way off the stage.  He often blanks out or utters gibberish that is indecipherable to humans.   It is sad to see any person in that state.  What is radicalized from a political perspective, however, are things like changing election laws in the weeks leading up to an election in a way that is most favorable to a candidate, censoring speech, controlling the media, and using the justice system to imprison political opponents or keep them off the ballot.  Those are chilling tactics of totalatariian states.  There was a time that liberals were champions of free speech and fair elections.  Those days are long gone.  Now the ends justify any means to stop Trump.

How can I be so certain you are hyper radicalized and trapped in a cult of personality, quite content about your predicament because you view the three years older competition as senile and incompetent?

...because you can't answer the question. "what kind of a country do I want the people I care about to have to live in?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-could-order-seal-team-6-to-kill-rivals-and-avoid-prosecution-if-not-impeached-lawyer-says/ar-AA1mGf36
Trump could order SEAL Team 6 to kill rivals and avoid prosecution if not impeached, lawyer says
USA TODAY on MSN.com|3 hours ago
The case marks the first chance for federal courts to gauge a former president's criminal immunity because Trump is the first to be charged. Each side claims the Constitution and historical precedent are on their side....
....A prosecutor, assistant special counsel James Pearce, voiced concern for the country’s future if presidents could kill rivals or sell national secrets and suffer no consequences without an impeachment and conviction.

“I think that is an extraordinarily frightening future,” Pearce said. “I think if we are talking about balancing interests that should weigh extraordinarily heavily in the court’s consideration.”

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1744742606062624964
emptywheel
@emptywheel
Pearce: What kind of world are we living in where, as I take my friend to suggest, if a President orders Seal Team Six to assassinate his opponent, resigns, immune. sells pardon, resigns, immune.
10:28 AM · Jan 9, 2024
·

7h
Pan now saying that if Sauer's impeachment first argument is wrong, he loses.

Pearce "That is wrong for textual, historical, and a host of practical reasons."

If a President assassinates and sells pardons and isn't impeached, there is no accountability.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Pearce seems like he feel he has the win and is bulldozing for a bigger win.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Again, I can't WAIT for the reports of how Trump is taking this -- his attorney arguing that Biden can assassinate him.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Pearce DOES NOT end with a request for anything re stay.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
LOLOLOLOL.

Now Sauer, having argued that Nixon's were private acts, says that the fact that Trump was not charged for anything after he left office that they were official acts.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Pan: So I just want to confirm. If President Trump HAD BEEN convicted, then this prosecution would be entirely proper.

Sauer: For the same or similar conduct. There would be many other issues with this prosecution.

Pan has so little patience for men who filibuster her.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Sauer is trying REALLY hard not to concede Pan's point--again, I wonder how Trump is responding to this.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Now Pan has gotten him to concede that under Sauer's theory, POTUS can be prosecuted for official acts.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
The OTHER brilliant thing about Sauer's argument that Biden can assassinate his client is that BY NOT DOING SO, Biden is disproving all Sauer's bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns claims about politicization.

GAWD that was fun.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1744770427518337024
emptywheel
@emptywheel
This is true.

But then, Trump not only already promised that, but he spent much of his Administration doing that.

Joyce Alene
@JoyceWhiteVance
So far, Trump's lawyer's argument comes down to: If you prosecute Trump, we'll come after you, whether what you've done is crimes or not, and we'll do it in Texas with a Texas jury.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1818 on: January 10, 2024, 07:03:48 PM »
How can I be so certain you are hyper radicalized and trapped in a cult of personality, quite content about your predicament because you view the three years older competition as senile and incompetent?

...because you can't answer the question. "what kind of a country do I want the people I care about to have to live in?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-could-order-seal-team-6-to-kill-rivals-and-avoid-prosecution-if-not-impeached-lawyer-says/ar-AA1mGf36
Trump could order SEAL Team 6 to kill rivals and avoid prosecution if not impeached, lawyer says
USA TODAY on MSN.com|3 hours ago
The case marks the first chance for federal courts to gauge a former president's criminal immunity because Trump is the first to be charged. Each side claims the Constitution and historical precedent are on their side....
....A prosecutor, assistant special counsel James Pearce, voiced concern for the country’s future if presidents could kill rivals or sell national secrets and suffer no consequences without an impeachment and conviction.

“I think that is an extraordinarily frightening future,” Pearce said. “I think if we are talking about balancing interests that should weigh extraordinarily heavily in the court’s consideration.”

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1744742606062624964
emptywheel
@emptywheel
Pearce: What kind of world are we living in where, as I take my friend to suggest, if a President orders Seal Team Six to assassinate his opponent, resigns, immune. sells pardon, resigns, immune.
10:28 AM · Jan 9, 2024
·

7h
Pan now saying that if Sauer's impeachment first argument is wrong, he loses.

Pearce "That is wrong for textual, historical, and a host of practical reasons."

If a President assassinates and sells pardons and isn't impeached, there is no accountability.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Pearce seems like he feel he has the win and is bulldozing for a bigger win.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Again, I can't WAIT for the reports of how Trump is taking this -- his attorney arguing that Biden can assassinate him.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Pearce DOES NOT end with a request for anything re stay.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
LOLOLOLOL.

Now Sauer, having argued that Nixon's were private acts, says that the fact that Trump was not charged for anything after he left office that they were official acts.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Pan: So I just want to confirm. If President Trump HAD BEEN convicted, then this prosecution would be entirely proper.

Sauer: For the same or similar conduct. There would be many other issues with this prosecution.

Pan has so little patience for men who filibuster her.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Sauer is trying REALLY hard not to concede Pan's point--again, I wonder how Trump is responding to this.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
7h
Now Pan has gotten him to concede that under Sauer's theory, POTUS can be prosecuted for official acts.
emptywheel
@emptywheel
The OTHER brilliant thing about Sauer's argument that Biden can assassinate his client is that BY NOT DOING SO, Biden is disproving all Sauer's bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns claims about politicization.

GAWD that was fun.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1744770427518337024
emptywheel
@emptywheel
This is true.

But then, Trump not only already promised that, but he spent much of his Administration doing that.

Joyce Alene
@JoyceWhiteVance
So far, Trump's lawyer's argument comes down to: If you prosecute Trump, we'll come after you, whether what you've done is crimes or not, and we'll do it in Texas with a Texas jury.

I can't grasp any coherent point from all this.  Let's simplify.  Is Biden exhibiting signs of advanced dementia or not?  What kind of shape will he be in a year from now or longer at his current rate of decline?  Who is the person ordering tactical assault teams to raid the home of his political opponent?   Was that Trump or the current administration?  Who is trying to keep political opponents off the ballot?  Is that Trump or the current administration?  Who is using the legal system to prosecute his political opponent?  Trump or the current administration?  Silly hypotheticals are laughable in the face of reality.  Do you want to live in a country in which EVERY outgoing president is charged for crimes by the political party that assumes power?  Should republicans in the next administration prosecute Biden for conspiracy to aid and abet human trafficking, drug smuggling, and overdose deaths due to his unwillingness to uphold the Constitution and various federal immigration laws?  Is that the precedent that will make for the kind of country that you want?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1818 on: January 10, 2024, 07:03:48 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #1819 on: January 11, 2024, 10:31:44 AM »
I can't grasp any coherent point from all this.  Let's simplify.  Is Biden exhibiting signs of advanced dementia or not?  What kind of shape will he be in a year from now or longer at his current rate of decline?  Who is the person ordering tactical assault teams to raid the home of his political opponent?   Was that Trump or the current administration?  Who is trying to keep political opponents off the ballot?  Is that Trump or the current administration?  Who is using the legal system to prosecute his political opponent?  Trump or the current administration?  Silly hypotheticals are laughable in the face of reality.  Do you want to live in a country in which EVERY outgoing president is charged for crimes by the political party that assumes power?  Should republicans in the next administration prosecute Biden for conspiracy to aid and abet human trafficking, drug smuggling, and overdose deaths due to his unwillingness to uphold the Constitution and various federal immigration laws?  Is that the precedent that will make for the kind of country that you want?

Richard, your POV is almost completely inaccurate because you limit your information intake.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1265978867870810113
@emptywheel
"Reminder: The really problematic Carter Page applications--the only ones withdrawn by Trump's DOJ--were approved on April 7 and June 29, 2017.

Getting the Trump DOJ to approve problematic FISAs months into the Trump Admin seems like a bad way to "prevent the election" of Trump."

Gif: Trump assisted by general in walking down "steep ramp" @ West Point in June, 2020, after observed difficulty in drinking water with one hand,
https://twitter.com/i/status/1306768427797958659

https://edition.cnn.com › 2020 › 06 › 19 › politics › trump-ramp-west-point-commencement-speech › index.html
Donald Trump can't stop talking about that West Point ramp
Jun 19, 2020 "Trump's claim that the ramp had been 'very slippery' was inconsistent with the weather, which on Saturday in West Point, N.Y., was sunny and clear-skied. The grass plain on which the ..."

Eleven minutes during June, 2020 Tulsa Rally (fatal to Herman Cain) of Trump's "Don't believe what you've seen with your own eyes...."

WATCH: Trump explains VIRAL ramp descent, water sipping moments during Tulsa rally
The Hill

109,931 views  Jun 20, 2020
During a rally in Tulsa, OK, President Trump explained his viral moments during his speech at West Point involving descending a ramp and sipping water from a glass.

If the arguments by Trump's lawyers to a three judge DC appeals court panel on Tuesday were successful and subsequently confirmed by a SCOTUS majority, explain what prudent options President Biden would have, other than to order the assasssination of his political rival, and resign the presidency under a pardon protection by his successor, Kamala Harris, as Nixon did?

Would it not then be incumbent on Harris to devote her presidency, using the new found Trump Court immunity decision to taking steps necessary in preventing anyone other than a Democrat from succeeding her as POTUS?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 11:11:01 AM by Tom Scully »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1820 on: January 11, 2024, 01:49:58 PM »
Richard, your POV is almost completely inaccurate because you limit your information intake.

@emptywheel
"Reminder: The really problematic Carter Page applications--the only ones withdrawn by Trump's DOJ--were approved on April 7 and June 29, 2017.

Getting the Trump DOJ to approve problematic FISAs months into the Trump Admin seems like a bad way to "prevent the election" of Trump."

Gif: Trump assisted by general in walking down "steep ramp" @ West Point in June, 2020, after observed difficulty in drinking water with one hand,

https://edition.cnn.com › 2020 › 06 › 19 › politics › trump-ramp-west-point-commencement-speech › index.html
Jun 19, 2020 "Trump's claim that the ramp had been 'very slippery' was inconsistent with the weather, which on Saturday in West Point, N.Y., was sunny and clear-skied. The grass plain on which the ..."

Eleven minutes during June, 2020 Tulsa Rally (fatal to Herman Cain) of Trump's "Don't believe what you've seen with your own eyes...."

WATCH: Trump explains VIRAL ramp descent, water sipping moments during Tulsa rally
The Hill

During a rally in Tulsa, OK, President Trump explained his viral moments during his speech at West Point involving descending a ramp and sipping water from a glass.

If the arguments by Trump's lawyers to a three judge DC appeals court panel on Tuesday were successful and subsequently confirmed by a SCOTUS majority, explain what prudent options President Biden would have, other than to order the assasssination of his political rival, and resign the presidency under a pardon protection by his successor, Kamala Harris, as Nixon did?

Would it not then be incumbent on Harris to devote her presidency, using the new found Trump Court immunity decision to taking steps necessary in preventing anyone other than a Democrat from succeeding her as POTUS?

What is with the endless random links?  Try to have a discussion.  This is simple.  Is Biden exhibiting signs of dementia or not?  Has the Biden administration attempted to imprison political opponents, raid their homes, and made efforts to keep them off the ballot?  Are those actions consistent with democracy or a totalitarian state?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1820 on: January 11, 2024, 01:49:58 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #1821 on: January 13, 2024, 10:59:51 PM »
What is with the endless random links?  Try to have a discussion.  This is simple.  Is Biden exhibiting signs of dementia or not?  Has the Biden administration attempted to imprison political opponents, raid their homes, and made efforts to keep them off the ballot?  Are those actions consistent with democracy or a totalitarian state?

https://twitter.com/normative/status/1745594964376014966
Julian Sanchez
@normative
·
Jan 11
I think the problem is they sort of HAVE to believe him, because there are only two plausible explanations for why this guy has been hit with dozens of indictments and adverse civil judgments. One is it’s all a big conspiracy. The other is that he’s a massive fraud & criminal.

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/1745588772303978797
Orin Kerr
@OrinKerr
·
Jan 11
The amazing thing isn't that Trump says false things like this--in this case, that Biden is behind every legal case, civil and criminal, filed against him, and it's all politics.  That's who he is. The amazing part is that so many Americans believe him.
https://foxnews.com/politics/trump

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1822 on: January 14, 2024, 01:20:40 AM »

@emptywheel

The Hill

Can't you have a conversation without linking a thousand random webpages?  Do you think Biden is exhibiting symptoms of dementia?   Do you think it sets a good precedent for the incoming party to charge the outgoing president for poltiical crimes?   Did Trump prosecute any of his political opponents, raid their homes in predawn raids. and censor speech?  All common acts of dictators.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1822 on: January 14, 2024, 01:20:40 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #1823 on: January 14, 2024, 02:09:39 AM »
Can't you have a conversation without linking a thousand random webpages?  Do you think Biden is exhibiting symptoms of dementia?   Do you think it sets a good precedent for the incoming party to charge the outgoing president for poltiical crimes?   Did Trump prosecute any of his political opponents, raid their homes in predawn raids. and censor speech?  All common acts of dictators.

Please translate your post.I don't speak cult.

https://twitter.com/AnnevanLeur/status/1745162001020547268
Annie van Leur
@AnnevanLeur
·
Jan 10
A testy exchange between Trump's attorney and the civil court judge overseeing his fraud trial began with Chris Kise using the former president's late mother-in-law as an excuse and ended with Engoron declaring

"I WILL NOT GRANT ANY FURTHER EXTENSIONS."
rawstory.com
Trump judge snaps as lawyer cites Melania's mother's death as reason for delay
A testy exchange between Donald Trump's attorney and the civil court judge overseeing his fraud trial

https://twitter.com/opiedog8/status/1745538486709653602
▪️RICH BOONE▪️
@opiedog8
“I don’t even know who the woman is”.

Trump and Ivana with E. Jean Carroll.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1746332921957363812
The Daily Beast
@thedailybeast
He called the judge a “bad person” for refusing his request to attend the funeral of his “beloved” mother-in-law, even as his campaign continues to promote an event that day.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1745965745060667506
Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski
Trump Monday: I need closing arguments postponed 3 weeks so I can stay home & comfort grieving Melania.

Trump Today to Iowans: “I’ll get to see you Sunday & Monday & maybe Sat night late. We wouldn’t miss it for anything!”

The Clear Cider 🦋
@TheClearCider
Trump, Wednesday evening, being dropped off for the FoxNews Town Hall, less than 24 hours after his announcement that Melania’s mother was now floating in the blue sky above.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 02:35:15 AM by Tom Scully »