Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 103172 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1600 on: July 15, 2023, 06:24:01 AM »
Advertisement
What an amazing difference!

The former guy tried to destroy NATO so he could strengthen Putin.

President Biden strengthened NATO and weakened Putin.

That's another historic Biden win and a win for foreign policy!

President Biden just smoked Donald Trump in campaign fundraising. This historic Biden fundraising debunks the right wing lie that "Biden isn't popular" or "Democrats don't want Biden to run". People are giving their hard earned money to Biden because they like him and want him to run.     

BREAKING: President Joe Biden just blew the 2024 field away, announcing he raised $72 million in the 2nd Quarter, more than doubling the amount Trump raised in the same time period. 💵

➡️ Nearly 400,000 individual donors

➡️ 97% of donations under $200

➡️ Average grassroots contribution: $39

Slow start? I don't think so. 4 More Years!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1600 on: July 15, 2023, 06:24:01 AM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #1601 on: July 15, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
What an amazing difference!

The former guy tried to destroy NATO so he could strengthen Putin.

President Biden strengthened NATO and weakened Putin.

That's another historic Biden win and a win for foreign policy!

President Biden just smoked Donald Trump in campaign fundraising. This historic Biden fundraising debunks the right wing lie that "Biden isn't popular" or "Democrats don't want Biden to run". People are giving their hard earned money to Biden because they like him and want him to run.     

BREAKING: President Joe Biden just blew the 2024 field away, announcing he raised $72 million in the 2nd Quarter, more than doubling the amount Trump raised in the same time period. 💵

➡️ Nearly 400,000 individual donors

➡️ 97% of donations under $200

➡️ Average grassroots contribution: $39

Slow start? I don't think so. 4 More Years!

You forgot the BIGGEST difference.  The endless war in which tens of thousands have already died with no end in sight.   The NATO countries are not even paying their fair share.  Trump simply wanted to hold them accountable to the agreed upon contribution.   Almost none have lived up to the NATO agreement.  It is outrageous that the US has for 80 years paid for the national defense of "Europe" while our cities are in ruins.  That is what the corrupt political establishment both Republican and Democrat want, however.   They want the power to allocate trillions to lobbyists who then support their campaigns and hire their family members. 

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1602 on: July 16, 2023, 03:36:34 AM »
President Biden Delivers Remarks on Bidenomics

President Biden delivers remarks on how Bidenomics is spurring manufacturing investments and good-paying jobs across the country, including a new partnership between Enphase Energy and Flex.

West Columbia, SC

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1602 on: July 16, 2023, 03:36:34 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1603 on: July 16, 2023, 10:27:52 PM »
These right wing MAGA Republicans are so extreme and out of touch with America, that they attack President Joe Biden for implementing policies that benefit the lives of every American. Can you believe that? Nearly every American supports one of these policies like healthcare, transportation, Social Security, poverty, education, urban problems. If this is what they want to attack President Biden on, I say go for it. It'll just make him more popular.

I keep telling you that Republicans want to end social security. MAGA extremist Marjorie Taylor Greene just attacked Social Security and now Ron DeSantis aka DeSaster is now joining the chorus to cut social security for people in their 30's and 40's. Previously, he wanted deep cuts to social security and wanted to raise the retirement age to 70 which is what Republicans are promoting. These right wingers wouldn't be publicly attacking Social Security if they didn't want to end it.   

Right wing extremist Tommy Tuberville continues to put our national security at risk over a policy that the majority of Americans support. No Senator should have the power to put the security of the United States at risk. But that's what these MAGA Republicans do, they cause chaos and destruction at every opportunity they get.     

Marjorie Taylor Greene ridiculed after her attacks on Biden seem more like compliments

The speech by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) at the Talking Points Action conference left some progressives scratching their heads after her attacks on President Joe Biden appeared to be more like compliments.

Ranting at the far-right crowd, Greene attacked programs like Social Security, Medicare, and other infamous programs started by the late Democratic presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.

She began by warning Joe Biden is trying to "finish what FDR started" by trying to address problems related to "education, medical care, urban problems, rural poverty, transportation, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps and welfare."

It was revealed this week that "Bidenomics," the new attack phrase from the GOP, has done more to help red states with higher incomes than blue states, The New Republic cited.

"How will Dark Brandon ever recover from this?" mocked "Did Nothing Wrong" podcaster Jay McKenzie.

Issuing a "'warning' that Joe Biden is going to create things like Medicare and Medicaid — both wildly popular programs — seems like an odd way to attack him, but have at it," said historian Kevin M. Kruse said, citing Kaiser Family Foundation data showing the popularity of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.

Rep. Ritchie Torres (D-NY) knocked her too for saying Democrats and Biden want to "finish what FDR started."

"Yes," he agreed. "Guilty as charged."

"Did not have “Marjorie Taylor Greene doing campaign ads for Biden” on my election bingo card but here we are," influencer Shauna W. mocked.

Brian Klaas @brianklaas

This “attack” by Marjorie Taylor Greene, which is all about how Biden insidiously wants to [checks notes] help people live better lives in the tradition of FDR and LBJ, could be run, unedited, as a Biden campaign ad. These people are insane.

Watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1680635547469987841

Ron DeSantis backed deep cuts to Social Security and Medicare while in Congress.
https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-desantis-voting-record-vulnerabilities-congress-2024-trump-biden-2023-2

Ron DeSantis: Social Security cuts should target 'people in their 30s or 40s'
https://crooksandliars.com/2023/07/ron-desantis-targets-social-security-cuts

Sen. Tammy Duckworth: Tuberville’s military blockade is 'jeopardizing our nation’s ability to lead the free world'

In exclusive interviews on NBC News’ 'Meet the Press,' Duckworth, D-Ill., excoriated Tuberville after Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, said the matter needs to be resolved through compromise.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., a member of the Armed Services Committee, on Sunday decried Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s blockade of hundreds of military nominations as a political move that will jeopardize the U.S.' "ability to lead the free world."

Tuberville, an Alabama Republican who is a member of the Armed Services Committee, has blocked hundreds of military appointments, citing his objection to a Defense Department policy that provides paid time off and reimburses travel costs for service members and dependents seeking abortions. President Joe Biden recently denounced the blockade as a “totally irresponsible move."

“I’m going to just say what President Biden has said: It is bizarre for Sen. Tuberville to say that he’s not jeopardizing national security when he injects politics into the defense process,” Duckworth said in an interview on NBC News' “Meet the Press.”

“And frankly, this is not the time to do it,” she said. “For him to really jeopardize our national security by injecting politics and preventing our military leaders to be able to take their positions and do their jobs is really, you know, it’s beyond distressing.”

Duckworth added: “Right now, Sen. Tuberville is jeopardizing our nation’s ability to lead the free world at a time when there’s a war in Europe because he wants to inject politics into this.”

Biden said he would be willing to talk to Tuberville if he believes "there’s any possibility of him changing his ridiculous position.” The president has also urged Republicans to "stand up and do something about it."

In a memo first obtained addressed to "Interested parties" by NBC News last week, the White house ramped up pressure on the GOP, painting the party as enablers of Tuberville's effort and accusing it of mounting “barely a word of protest.”

“Right now, a Republican Senator is choosing to erode military readiness and abuse military families in the pursuit of an unrelated and extreme anti-freedom agenda — with barely a sound from his GOP colleagues,” White House communications adviser Andrew Bates wrote in the memo.

The blockade is “exploiting service members as pawns,” hurting military readiness and risking a “brain-drain” from the Defense Department," he added. “He’s even subjecting the families who serve with members to excruciating uncertainty, like not knowing where children will go to school or where spouses can work.”

Tuberville has remained unmoved by the blowback from Democrats, telling NBC News that he won’t back down until the Pentagon promises to rescind its policy of covering the travel costs for service members who leave their states to get abortions.

“If I’d have been president, I’d call me a long time ago,” Tuberville said. “I understand we’ve got a lot of problems in this country. We got a lot of foreign problems, and, and he got — that’s a hard job. I can’t imagine doing that. So, you know, he got pretty, pretty fired up about me and on foreign soil. I wish he hadn’t done that.”

Even some congressional Republicans have objected to Tuberville’s blockade, despite agreeing with his opposition to the Defense Department’s policy on abortion access.

Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan, a Republican member of the Armed Services Committee, defended his GOP colleague on “Meet the Press" Sunday.

“Every senator has the right to place holds on nominees on an issue of policy importance,” he said. “I certainly have done this myself. I’m here in Alaska right now. I had a hold a couple years ago on the secretary of the Army, the chief of staff of the Army to get them to change the position when they were going to remove a brigade combat team — Airborne Brigade Combat Team from Alaska.”

Sullivan expressed his belief that the impasse on military nominations needs to be resolved through compromise.

“Every single one of these kind of holds 99% of them get resolved through compromise,” he said. “And what needs to happen, the secretary of defense, Sen. Tuberville, [Senate Majority Leader] Chuck Schumer, need to sit down and have that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-tammy-duckworth-slams-tommy-tubervilles-military-blockade-rcna94511

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1604 on: July 21, 2023, 09:23:45 AM »
A new Monmouth Poll released last night shows President Joe Biden opening up a 7 point lead on Donald Trump.

This marks the third national poll released in recent days that shows Biden leading Trump by four points or more.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1604 on: July 21, 2023, 09:23:45 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1605 on: August 16, 2023, 12:09:19 AM »
Fact: Since President Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act into law, companies have announced more than $110 billion in clean energy manufacturing investments here in the United States.

Under Biden:
- strongest econ recovery in G7
- lowest peacetime unemployment rate since WWII
- lowest poverty/uninsured rates ever
- inflation now under 3%, deficit way down
- wage growth strong
- US global climate leader again
- manufacturing booming

That's what you call success!

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #1606 on: August 17, 2023, 12:20:37 AM »
Bidenomics.  HA HA HA HA HA.  Good grief.  These propagandists are living in some alternative reality.   Inflation is at record levels.  The average American is paying over $700 more each month for the same goods and services that they got before his disastrous administration.  Gas prices are surging.  Interest rates are surging.  Credit card debt is at record highs.  Retirement accounts are being depleted. Illegal aliens have flooded our cities to the extent that even the most delusional leftist mayors are saying "no mas."  COVID is surging.  Crime is surging.  The endless war in Ukraine goes on and on with no end in sight and hundreds of millions of dollars spent.  Where is Old Joe?  At the beach.  What does he have to say?  "No comment."  His poll numbers are at records lows.  Dirty Hunter is on his way to the big house.  And not the one being paid for by China in Malibu. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1606 on: August 17, 2023, 12:20:37 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1607 on: August 17, 2023, 12:29:07 AM »
Donald Trump's and the right wing media's favorite pollster Rasmussen has President Biden with a 45% approval rating which is not "record lows".

Meanwhile, a new NEW AP-NORC POLL:

Only 35% of Americans have a favorable view of Donald Trump and 62% have an unfavorable view of the corrupt former president.

The poll also found that 64% of Americans say they definitely or probably would not vote for Trump in the 2024 general election.

That's what you call record lows.