Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Sign of a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theory  (Read 12674 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Sign of a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2021, 12:36:59 AM »
Advertisement
Multiple witnesses seeing a man with a rifle on the 6th floor before and during the assassination is strong evidence. The DPD tapes show the TSBD was identified within a few minutes of the assassination, presumably from the likes of Brennan, Euins and Rowland.
Not all, but some of the TSBD employees in the building at the time were convinced the shots came from inside the building.
I agree, the shells were not photographed in their original positions. Tom Alyea reports Fritz picking them up and allowing him to film them and a bit later giving them to Studebaker to recreate the scene. But shells were witnessed there by the first officers at the SN, that's how the SN was initially identified.
The trajectory for the wounds sustained by JFK and JBC seem consistent with a shot from the general vicinity of the TSBD,

I'm not so certain. Witness testimony is the least reliable evidence and seeing a man in a window, possibly with a rifle, does not automatically mean the shots came from there.

I wasn't suggesting that Fritz actually planted the shells. Obviously, if the 6th floor was staged as a crime scene, somebody must have placed the rifle and the shells there.

The trajectory for the wounds sustained by JFK and JBC seem consistent with a shot from the general vicinity of the TSBD,

First of all, that would depend on the actual position of the body at the moment they were hit and, secondly, it would equally consistent with shots from the Dal-Tex building.

What has always bothered me is that they never checked if the rifle was fired that day, nor did they ever test for powder residue on the window pane. I know they removed part of the window sill, but I have never seen any positive test results for that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2021, 12:36:59 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2021, 04:45:20 AM »
Besides, only Brennan and Euins ever claimed to see a man with a rifle in the SE 6th floor window.

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2021, 08:59:36 AM »
I'm not so certain. Witness testimony is the least reliable evidence and seeing a man in a window, possibly with a rifle, does not automatically mean the shots came from there.

I wasn't suggesting that Fritz actually planted the shells. Obviously, if the 6th floor was staged as a crime scene, somebody must have placed the rifle and the shells there.

First of all, that would depend on the actual position of the body at the moment they were hit and, secondly, it would equally consistent with shots from the Dal-Tex building.

What has always bothered me is that they never checked if the rifle was fired that day, nor did they ever test for powder residue on the window pane. I know they removed part of the window sill, but I have never seen any positive test results for that.

Brennan and Euins independently reported a man pointing a rifle in the direction of the President at the time of the shooting. The man was in the SE corner of the 6th floor.
Independent, corroborating evidence of exactly the same thing is quite strong in my book.
I agree, this doesn't automatically mean the man pointing the rifle at the President from the same window the shells were found at by the first officers to discover the SN is shooting at the President.
But I find it difficult to imagine a scenario in which someone was innocently pointing a rifle from the SN window at the President at exactly the same time he was shot. But I'm sure there is one.

The shells were seen in situ by a those officers on the 6th floor at the time of the discovery of the SN. Found at the same window a man was seen pointing a rifle towards the President at the exact moment he was shot.
Rowland's report of a man with a high powered, scoped rifle on the 6th floor 15 minutes before the motorcade arrived is of interest. I understand just because there is a man on the 6th floor with a high powered rifle before the motorcade arrives it doesn't automatically mean this man took the shots or that he was even the man Brennan and Euins reported. It is quite possible there were a few men wandering around the 6th floor with rifles that day.
But, rather than treat every detail as an isolated event, I have a tendency to try to pull all the details together into a narrative, and the man Rowland spotted would certainly be the same man Brennan and Euins reported. The numerous witness reports of seeing a rifle poking out of the SN window at the time of the assassination would also feed into that narrative.

Did three witnesses incorrectly describe a man with a rifle on the 6th floor of the TSBD?
I don't think so.
Witness testimony may be weak but I don't think that applies in this case.

It is a fact three clearly audible shots rang out that day. Over 160 witnesses can't be wrong about that.
They had to come from somewhere.
There is definitely evidence they came from the TSBD.
My question is - what evidence is there that the shots came from the Dal-Tex or anywhere else?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2021, 08:59:36 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2021, 09:30:26 AM »

"First of all, that would depend on the actual position of the body at the moment they were hit and, secondly, it would equally consistent with shots from the Dal-Tex building."

Of course, knowing the precise body position at the time of the shots can refine where the shots came from but I am convinced that even a non expert can come up with a general direction.
This would be consistent with the general direction of the TSBD and, as you say, the Dal-Tex.
Now this is where my "narrative" method comes into its own. Rather than just leave it at "it could be the TSBD or it could be the Dal-Tex, we can't be sure", my "narrative" method, rather than just treating this as an isolated detail, would look to other evidence to see if we can decide whether the trajectory of the shots was coming from the TSBD or the Dal-Tex.
So we could say something like - "Oh look, witnesses saw a man pointing a rifle towards the President at the moment of the shooting from the 6th floor of the TSBD but nobody saw anybody pointing anything from the Dal-Tex."
In this scenario, the trajectory information would be used to strengthen the case for the shots coming from the TSBD. When the trajectory information is looked at in isolation it doesn't really tell us anything definitive. I strongly suspect this is the case for any piece of evidence.

"What has always bothered me is that they never checked if the rifle was fired that day, nor did they ever test for powder residue on the window pane. I know they removed part of the window sill, but I have never seen any positive test results for that."

Who would be the person who would make the call for immediately testing the rifle?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2021, 01:17:03 PM »
Brennan and Euins independently reported a man pointing a rifle in the direction of the President at the time of the shooting. The man was in the SE corner of the 6th floor.
Independent, corroborating evidence of exactly the same thing is quite strong in my book.
I agree, this doesn't automatically mean the man pointing the rifle at the President from the same window the shells were found at by the first officers to discover the SN is shooting at the President.
But I find it difficult to imagine a scenario in which someone was innocently pointing a rifle from the SN window at the President at exactly the same time he was shot. But I'm sure there is one.

The shells were seen in situ by a those officers on the 6th floor at the time of the discovery of the SN. Found at the same window a man was seen pointing a rifle towards the President at the exact moment he was shot.
Rowland's report of a man with a high powered, scoped rifle on the 6th floor 15 minutes before the motorcade arrived is of interest. I understand just because there is a man on the 6th floor with a high powered rifle before the motorcade arrives it doesn't automatically mean this man took the shots or that he was even the man Brennan and Euins reported. It is quite possible there were a few men wandering around the 6th floor with rifles that day.
But, rather than treat every detail as an isolated event, I have a tendency to try to pull all the details together into a narrative, and the man Rowland spotted would certainly be the same man Brennan and Euins reported. The numerous witness reports of seeing a rifle poking out of the SN window at the time of the assassination would also feed into that narrative.

Did three witnesses incorrectly describe a man with a rifle on the 6th floor of the TSBD?
I don't think so.
Witness testimony may be weak but I don't think that applies in this case.

It is a fact three clearly audible shots rang out that day. Over 160 witnesses can't be wrong about that.
They had to come from somewhere.
There is definitely evidence they came from the TSBD.
My question is - what evidence is there that the shots came from the Dal-Tex or anywhere else?

But I find it difficult to imagine a scenario in which someone was innocently pointing a rifle from the SN window at the President at exactly the same time he was shot.

Agreed, if that's what happened.

You may be right, but it's a fallacious argument. An appeal to majority isn't always correct. Besides, if I remember correctly, there were also witnesses who claimed to have heard more shots, who were ignored or simply told they were wrong. Dealey Plaza is often described as an echo chamber. 

Sounds convincing, I agree and yet I am not so confident this is was happened. The only person, if my memory serves, who actually claimed to see a man pointing a rifle when the shots rang out was Brennan and his account of what happened has not be consitent, to say the least. For one, he claimed to have looked up when the shots rang out, but there is photographic evidence that shows him looking at the motorcade. He also changed the position where he was sitting on the wall that day.
Euins was an impressionable young kid back then, who ducked away behind a wall when he heard the shots. I seriously doubt he actually saw any shots being fired.

Rowland's report of a man with a high powered, scoped rifle on the 6th floor 15 minutes before the motorcade arrived is of interest. I understand just because there is a man on the 6th floor with a high powered rifle before the motorcade arrives it doesn't automatically mean this man took the shots or that he was even the man Brennan and Euins reported.

Indeed.

It is quite possible there were a few men wandering around the 6th floor with rifles that day.

Possible? Maybe, but I doubt it.

But, rather than treat every detail as an isolated event, I have a tendency to try to pull all the details together into a narrative, and the man Rowland spotted would certainly be the same man Brennan and Euins reported.

There's nothing wrong about pulling details together into a narrative, if and when those details are conclusive and can be relied upon. I am sceptical about that.

The one thing that always seems to be overlooked is that all the information we work with has been filtered through the FBI and WC and was not presented to the public until nearly a year after the murder, leaving no possibility of independent corroboration.   We have been spoon fed a narrative, which has shown itself to be superficial and often not supported by the evidence in the 26 volumes. That makes me wonder if we can rely on any of the details of that narrative.

"First of all, that would depend on the actual position of the body at the moment they were hit and, secondly, it would equally consistent with shots from the Dal-Tex building."

Of course, knowing the precise body position at the time of the shots can refine where the shots came from but I am convinced that even a non expert can come up with a general direction.
This would be consistent with the general direction of the TSBD and, as you say, the Dal-Tex.
Now this is where my "narrative" method comes into its own. Rather than just leave it at "it could be the TSBD or it could be the Dal-Tex, we can't be sure", my "narrative" method, rather than just treating this as an isolated detail, would look to other evidence to see if we can decide whether the trajectory of the shots was coming from the TSBD or the Dal-Tex.
So we could say something like - "Oh look, witnesses saw a man pointing a rifle towards the President at the moment of the shooting from the 6th floor of the TSBD but nobody saw anybody pointing anything from the Dal-Tex."
In this scenario, the trajectory information would be used to strengthen the case for the shots coming from the TSBD. When the trajectory information is looked at in isolation it doesn't really tell us anything definitive. I strongly suspect this is the case for any piece of evidence.

"What has always bothered me is that they never checked if the rifle was fired that day, nor did they ever test for powder residue on the window pane. I know they removed part of the window sill, but I have never seen any positive test results for that."

Who would be the person who would make the call for immediately testing the rifle?

my "narrative" method, rather than just treating this as an isolated detail, would look to other evidence to see if we can decide whether the trajectory of the shots was coming from the TSBD or the Dal-Tex.
In this scenario, the trajectory information would be used to strengthen the case for the shots coming from the TSBD.

You do understand this is circular logic, right?

Somebody saw a man in the window of the TSBD with a rifle, so the trajectory of the shots must be coming from the TSBD.
As the trajectory of the shots came from the TSBD the witness must have seen a man in the window of the TSBD with a rifle.

When the trajectory information is looked at in isolation it doesn't really tell us anything definitive. I strongly suspect this is the case for any piece of evidence.

True. But when you start combining pieces of evidence into a narrative, you want to be sure the individual pieces are authentic, credible and can withstand scrutiny. I don't see that here.

That would be Day or Studebaker, I imagine. But I am not sure what you mean by testing. I am told that when a rifle is fired, the bullet clears away any debris in the barrel, so it seems to me that it could be easily verified if there was debris in the barrel or not. Also, and I am no expert on this, it seems to me one would smell power fumes.

If the murder of Kennedy was a conspiracy, there are various ways (one more risky than the other) to get the rifle and shells in situ without there ever having been a shot fired from the TSBD. Let me give you one scenario. In the moments directly after the shots there was absolute mayhem and confusion.

Dorothy Garner told Barry Ernest;
"It was total confusion," she said.  "The Dallas police, FBI, Secret Service were coming up the stairs, in the elevators, in all the
offices.  The news media and workers and outsiders were going everywhere."

Now, let's say, as a hypothesis, one of the first men into the building was part of the conspiracy and it was his job to take the rifle from it's original hiding place (where it was possibly left during the night prior of the murder) and plant it, as well as three shells, on the 6th floor. If I remember correctly, the sniper's nest wasn't found instantly, so there would have been plenty of time and opportunity to actually plant those items while pretending to be looking.

You may call it far-fetched but I don't think it is and I can tell you why. If there was a shooter on the 6th floor, then where did he go? I am convinced by now that the "Oswald on the stairs" story is not plausible or credible, predominantly because Dorothy Garner would have seen him, or anybody else, coming down on the stairs from the 5th floor and she didn't. The WC did their best to put Oswald on the stairs anyway, but they did so by dismissing the account of Victoria Adams, not interviewing the other girls and ignoring Garner's comment to Martha Stroud. In fact, the whole thing was circular logic at it's best; Oswald was the shooter and Baker saw him 90 seconds after the shots in the 2nd floor lunchroom, so he must have come down the stairs.

The rifle and shells being planted during the first minutes of the chaos would explain why no shooter was ever found on the 6th floor. I know, the hypothesis does not match the accepted narrative in any shape or form, but, looking beyond the narrative, it is a possibility nevertheless. Of course, there is no evidence for it, but there also isn't any evidence for Oswald having been on the 6th floor and running down the stairs at around 12:30.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2021, 01:17:03 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »

. . .
So, this seems to be where we part ways already. If there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy, it consisted IMO in several parts; (1) the men who ordered the hit and stayed in the background, (2) the men who set up Oswald as a patsy, (3) the men who actually carried out the hit and, most importantly, (4) the men who controlled the evidence and had the means to cover things up.

Well, that sounds like a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy to murder JFK and make it look like it was Oswald alone. To convince me otherwise you have to provide a list of all the subtasks that was accomplished:

* Set up the murder of JFK.
* Set up the murder of Officer Tippit.
* Create CE-399 and swap it out.
* Remove frames from the Zapruder film.
Etc.

And an estimate of the number of people needed to accomplish all this. And what positions these people held, as Dallas Policemen, FBI agents, doctors, etc.

Anyone who presents a secret conspiracy theory has to make a case that they are arguing for a Small-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theory, and not for a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theory. They one thing that Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theorists all have in common is that they skip this step. The:

* Elders of Zion Conspiracy Theory
* Illuminati Conspiracy Theory
* Fake Apollo Moon Landing Conspiracy Theory
* JFK Conspiracy Theory
* Stolen 2020 Election Conspiracy Theory

All have this in common with each other. Skeptics have rejected all these conspiracy theories for over two hundred years, using the same solid reasoning. That keeping a large conspiracy a secret for years is way too remotely unlikely to be considered seriously.

It is incumbent on a conspiracy theorist to argue clearly that their conspiracy theory does not belong on this list.

You have not done this.

Only Dan O’meara has attempted this. Sometimes he puts forth four names, At other times seven names. But provides no information on obvious flaws in his argument. For instance, if Oswald was not part of this conspiracy, how did these 4 or 7 get ahold of Oswald’s rifle to plant it? How did they make it appear that Oswald likely murdered Officer Tippit? In any case, the vast majority of JFK CTers don’t believe in a conspiracy that is this small.

. . .

Let's get this out of the way first;

I do not think that the bullet now in evidence as CE-399 was planted. I don't believe that bullet was ever at Parkland Hospital to begin with and all indications are that it most certainly wasn't the bullet Tomlinson found.

How many men looked at the original bullet found at Parkland before CE-399 was swapped in? How many could have made a photograph of this original bullet. How many would have to keep silent about this?

I do not think that the Zapruder film is faked. I'm not an expert but it seems to me that it would have been virtually impossible to alter that film with the technology available back then and in the time frame available for it. What I can not rule out is that maybe some frames were removed.

I can rule that out.

When the limousine is moving at 8 mph, it advances down the road, with each frame interval, about 8 inches. When moving at 13 mph, it advances down the road, with each frame interval, about 13 inches. With maximum acceleration, or maximum braking, the limousine can only change it’s speed by about 0.5 or perhaps 1 mph within one frame interval. To change it’s speed by 1 mph within one Zapruder frame interval would require almost one G of force which I am confident is the maximum that limousine could do without running into a thick brick wall.

So, if the limousine was cruising along at 10 mph, you would see the limousine advance down the road by:

z 140:
          10 inches
z 141:
          another 10 inches
z 142:
          another 10 inches
z 143:
          another 10 inches
z 144:

Remove a single frame and you instead see the limousine advance:

z 140:
          10 inches
z 141:
          20 inches
z 142:
          10 inches
z 143:

There would appear to be an interval where the limousine seemed to, miraculously accelerate from 10 mph to 20 mph and then just as abruptly slow to 10 mph. An amount of acceleration or deceleration requiring about 8 Gs of force. Absolutely impossible for the limousine to achieve.

I have carefully looked at many Zapruder frames and have found nothing like that. I have not checked every frame interval but that is the burden of those who support the “Zapruder frame removal” theory, not mine.

It is amazing to me that after over 50 years, CTers still commonly assert that maybe a Zapruder fame could have been removed. If that was so, it would be easy to demonstrate that. I suspect that 100 years after the assassination, CTers will still continue to assert this.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2021, 05:30:39 PM »
Well, that sounds like a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy to murder JFK and make it look like it was Oswald alone. To convince me otherwise you have to provide a list of all the subtasks that was accomplished:

* Set up the murder of JFK.
* Set up the murder of Officer Tippit.
* Create CE-399 and swap it out.
* Remove frames from the Zapruder film.
Etc.

And an estimate of the number of people needed to accomplish all this. And what positions these people held, as Dallas Policemen, FBI agents, doctors, etc.

Anyone who presents a secret conspiracy theory has to make a case that they are arguing for a Small-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theory, and not for a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theory. They one thing that Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy Theorists all have in common is that they skip this step. The:

* Elders of Zion Conspiracy Theory
* Illuminati Conspiracy Theory
* Fake Apollo Moon Landing Conspiracy Theory
* JFK Conspiracy Theory
* Stolen 2020 Election Conspiracy Theory

All have this in common with each other. Skeptics have rejected all these conspiracy theories for over two hundred years, using the same solid reasoning. That keeping a large conspiracy a secret for years is way too remotely unlikely to be considered seriously.

It is incumbent on a conspiracy theorist to argue clearly that their conspiracy theory does not belong on this list.

You have not done this.

Only Dan O’meara has attempted this. Sometimes he puts forth four names, At other times seven names. But provides no information on obvious flaws in his argument. For instance, if Oswald was not part of this conspiracy, how did these 4 or 7 get ahold of Oswald’s rifle to plant it? How did they make it appear that Oswald likely murdered Officer Tippit? In any case, the vast majority of JFK CTers don’t believe in a conspiracy that is this small.

How many men looked at the original bullet found at Parkland before CE-399 was swapped in? How many could have made a photograph of this original bullet. How many would have to keep silent about this?

I can rule that out.

When the limousine is moving at 8 mph, it advances down the road, with each frame interval, about 8 inches. When moving at 13 mph, it advances down the road, with each frame interval, about 13 inches. With maximum acceleration, or maximum braking, the limousine can only change it’s speed by about 0.5 or perhaps 1 mph within one frame interval. To change it’s speed by 1 mph within one Zapruder frame interval would require almost one G of force which I am confident is the maximum that limousine could do without running into a thick brick wall.

So, if the limousine was cruising along at 10 mph, you would see the limousine advance down the road by:

z 140:
          10 inches
z 141:
          another 10 inches
z 142:
          another 10 inches
z 143:
          another 10 inches
z 144:

Remove a single frame and you instead see the limousine advance:

z 140:
          10 inches
z 141:
          20 inches
z 142:
          10 inches
z 143:

There would appear to be an interval where the limousine seemed to, miraculously accelerate from 10 mph to 20 mph and then just as abruptly slow to 10 mph. An amount of acceleration or deceleration requiring about 8 Gs of force. Absolutely impossible for the limousine to achieve.

I have carefully looked at many Zapruder frames and have found nothing like that. I have not checked every frame interval but that is the burden of those who support the “Zapruder frame removal” theory, not mine.

It is amazing to me that after over 50 years, CTers still commonly assert that maybe a Zapruder fame could have been removed. If that was so, it would be easy to demonstrate that. I suspect that 100 years after the assassination, CTers will still continue to assert this.

The contrarian approach is to imply that any evidence against Oswald is faked, planted, or the product of bad luck on his part (e.g. being the only employee to leave his prints on the SN boxes because "he worked there") but then deny that they are suggesting a widespread conspiracy to explain the evidence due to the logical inconsistency of those claims.   Having their cake and eating it too.   It is just a lazy way to extend the discussion.  Going down the same rabbit holes over and over.  The evidence of Oswald's guilt is overwhelming.  It comes from a wide variety of different sources including many random citizens that he encountered that day.  It is inconceivable that all this evidence was faked and that so many private citizens could be coerced and trusted by the conspirators to lie in the investigation of the murder of the President and remain silent forever.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2021, 05:30:39 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2021, 06:46:42 PM »
The evidence of Oswald's guilt is overwhelming.

BS: