Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Dead-Letter Package  (Read 15687 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: The Dead-Letter Package
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »
Advertisement
You are rambling again.  Focus on one thing at a time.  How is it a "given that this parcel was almost certainly sent BEFORE the assassination"?  Can you cite to any evidence whatsoever to support this point?  Focus.

:D

I am perfectly on focus, Mr Smith, thank you very much. It's you whose arguments have been all over the place-------------your many missteps are securely archived on this thread for folks to read!

Now! Your question above betrays the same worryingly weak grasp of logic that your freak-handwriting-coincidence theory displayed. Surprising I have to spoonfeed you yet again, but hey, I'm here to help:

It is extremely unlikely that a parcel addressed to "Lee Oswald" AFTER the assassination--------------by which time his is the most infamous name not just in Dallas but in the whole country-------------would not be singled out and would instead end up in the Nixie section like any other ordinary non-deliverable parcel

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2021, 08:42:46 PM »
:D

I am perfectly on focus, Mr Smith, thank you very much. It's you whose arguments have been all over the place-------------your many missteps are securely archived on this thread for folks to read!

Now! Your question above betrays the same worryingly weak grasp of logic that your freak-handwriting-coincidence theory displayed. Surprising I have to spoonfeed you yet again, but hey, I'm here to help:

It is extremely unlikely that a parcel addressed to "Lee Oswald" AFTER the assassination--------------by which time his is the most infamous name not just in Dallas but in the whole country-------------would not be singled out and would instead end up in the Nixie section like any other ordinary non-deliverable parcel

So your evidence that this package demonstrates foreknowledge of the motorcade is that "it is extremely unlikely" that it "would not be singled out" among all the mail handled by the Dallas post office system.  Got it.  In other words, you have nothing except a baseless assumption.  You don't have any actual evidence of the date this package was mailed.  You don't have even have any evidence that Oswald mailed it except that the handwriting looks similar to you.  You have no plausible explanation for why Oswald would send such a package to a nonexistent mailing address whether before the motorcade route was announced or after.  Oswald already knew that the FBI was aware of his connection to the Paine residence.  He can easily carry a folded paper bag under his jacket (as he did). 

There is no apparent reason for Oswald to undertake this exercise in futility.  And even if all your baseless assumptions were correct (i.e. that Oswald mailed this package to a nonexistent address prior to the assassination to test whether the FBI was monitoring his mail to the Paine residence), that still wouldn't support the conclusion that this demonstrates foreknowledge of the motorcade route.   It would merely suggest that perhaps Oswald was thinking about mailing the long paper bag to that address to smuggle the rifle out for some unknown purpose.  Maybe he was going to give Walker another try or someone else.  He was a nut job.  It seems like he was intent on using his rifle to commit some act of violence that would not have ended even if the JFk motorcade had never come by the TSBD.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2021, 09:51:07 PM »
So your evidence that this package demonstrates foreknowledge of the motorcade is that "it is extremely unlikely" that it "would not be singled out" among all the mail handled by the Dallas post office system.  Got it.  In other words, you have nothing except a baseless assumption.  You don't have any actual evidence of the date this package was mailed.  You don't have even have any evidence that Oswald mailed it except that the handwriting looks similar to you.  You have no plausible explanation for why Oswald would send such a package to a nonexistent mailing address whether before the motorcade route was announced or after.  Oswald already knew that the FBI was aware of his connection to the Paine residence.  He can easily carry a folded paper bag under his jacket (as he did).

~Grin~ Is this supposed to be a refutation, Mr Smith?

We now have you committed to the view that a parcel addressed to "Lee Oswald" after the assassination WOULD have been treated as just another regular postal item because that name wouldn't have triggered the least recognition in Dallas postal workers  :D

There is no apparent reason for Oswald to undertake this exercise in futility.

Except.......... there is, the one I've offered. The fact that your intellectually dishonest (and increasingly desperate) attempts to refute it have been a pitiful failure is no more than a fun fact worth noting!  Thumb1:

If I've got things wrong with my hypothesis for the Nixie parcel, then it looks like it's going to take someone that bit smarter than you to show me where.......

And even if all your baseless assumptions were correct (i.e. that Oswald mailed this package to a nonexistent address prior to the assassination to test whether the FBI was monitoring his mail to the Paine residence), that still wouldn't support the conclusion that this demonstrates foreknowledge of the motorcade route.   It would merely suggest that perhaps Oswald was thinking about mailing the long paper bag to that address to smuggle the rifle out for some unknown purpose.

"For some unknown purpose". Why, I do declare this is your funniest one since you argued that a paper sack would be needed to carry a concealed pistol. Talk about the desperation of the self-cornered Warren Gullible!  :D

Maybe he was going to give Walker another try or someone else.  He was a nut job.  It seems like he was intent on using his rifle to commit some act of violence that would not have ended even if the JFk motorcade had never come by the TSBD.

"Some act of violence" lol

Keep the escapological nonsense coming, Mr Smith, it's high entertainment!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2021, 09:51:07 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2021, 12:42:47 AM »
~Grin~ Is this supposed to be a refutation, Mr Smith?

We now have you committed to the view that a parcel addressed to "Lee Oswald" after the assassination WOULD have been treated as just another regular postal item because that name wouldn't have triggered the least recognition in Dallas postal workers  :D

Except.......... there is, the one I've offered. The fact that your intellectually dishonest (and increasingly desperate) attempts to refute it have been a pitiful failure is no more than a fun fact worth noting!  Thumb1:

If I've got things wrong with my hypothesis for the Nixie parcel, then it looks like it's going to take someone that bit smarter than you to show me where.......

"For some unknown purpose". Why, I do declare this is your funniest one since you argued that a paper sack would be needed to carry a concealed pistol. Talk about the desperation of the self-cornered Warren Gullible!  :D

"Some act of violence" lol

Keep the escapological nonsense coming, Mr Smith, it's high entertainment!  Thumb1:

It obviously wasn't treated as just another postal item since you are going on and on and on about it nearly 60 years later.  It was one package among the Dallas mail that was noted after the assassination because someone wrote Oswald's name on it.  You don't know when it was mailed, who mailed it or what purpose it served.  Instead you just repeat baseless assumptions as facts.  That doesn't even get into the logical inconsistencies of suggesting on the one hand that the Dallas authorities were involved in the framing of Oswald, with the suggestion that they brought to light a package that demonstrates foreknowledge of the motorcade route instead of just tossing it.  But logical consistency is no impediment to a good conspiracy yarn.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 01:20:14 AM »
It obviously wasn't treated as just another postal item since you are going on and on and on about it nearly 60 years later.  It was one package among the Dallas mail that was noted after the assassination because someone wrote Oswald's name on it.

It's precisely because it was NOT noticed that it got consigned to the Nixie section in the first place. This dates its mailing securely to the pre-assassination period

You don't know when it was mailed, who mailed it or what purpose it served.  Instead you just repeat baseless assumptions as facts.  That doesn't even get into the logical inconsistencies of suggesting on the one hand that the Dallas authorities were involved in the framing of Oswald, with the suggestion that they brought to light a package that demonstrates foreknowledge of the motorcade route instead of just tossing it.

They didn't bring the package to light, someone who found it in the Nixie section did. The FBI did little or nothing to follow up on this lead. And the Warren Commission didn't even mention it.

What else ya got, Mr Smith?  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 01:20:14 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2021, 05:20:38 PM »
It's precisely because it was NOT noticed that it got consigned to the Nixie section in the first place. This dates its mailing securely to the pre-assassination period

No, it doesn't even if you repeat it over and over.  You are simply making a baseless assumption.  There is no indication as to when it was mailed.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2021, 10:49:59 PM »
No, it doesn't even if you repeat it over and over.  You are simply making a baseless assumption.  There is no indication as to when it was mailed.

So the best you can muster, Mr Smith, is a reiteration of your commitment to the absurd view that it is realistic to think that a parcel addressed to "Lee Oswald" after the assassination would be treated as just another regular postal item because that particular name wouldn't have triggered recognition in Dallas postal workers. Got it!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2021, 10:49:59 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2021, 12:23:49 AM »
"Received in bad condition at"...

Question! Would a package that had a non-existent address get stamped this way?

Remember what the report I posted in Reply #2 said about the function of the dead-letter office:

"The 'Nixie' section has been described as the section in which mail and parcels are placed when such mail and/or parcels contain a non-existent or unlocated address or when the mail or parcels have been damaged in transit."

This in turn gives rise to further questions..................

How in the heck did someone know to write "Irving, Texas" below the address label (crossing out "Dallas" on the label) and direct this parcel to the Irving post office?

Does it not look rather as though this parcel was not directed to the Irving post office (from the Dallas post office) but in fact arrived there originally------------in bad condition?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:32:52 AM by Alan Ford »