Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22458 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2021, 04:20:50 AM »
Advertisement
C) The WC investigators determined that when Lee left the TSBD he walked east on Elm street and boarded a bus at Murphy street at 12:40. When the bus became stuck in traffic he got off the bus at 12:44, and walked to the taxi stand at the Greyhound bus depot.

D) Lee hired a CITY taxi to take him to the rooming house in Oak Cliff and entered the taxi at 12:48.

E) During the trip Lee said he and the driver of the CITY cab talked and the driver told him that the President had been shot. ( Whaley said that his passenger would not engage in conversation )

F) Lee arrived at the rooming house at 1:00pm,  and he paid the driver 85 CENTS.  ( Whaley recorded that he charged the young man who was dressed in A BLUE JACKET and BLUE trousers 95 CENTS and the man handed him a dollar bill and told him to keep the change)

The Secret Service and the FBI reconstructed Oswald's steps (with the help of Cecil McWatters and William Whaley) in an attempt the determine the absolute earliest that Oswald could have reached the rooming house.

Based on McWatters' statement of where it was that Oswald boarded the bus (we know Oswald boarded that bus because he had McWatters' specific bus transfer and McWatters said he issued that transfer to only one woman and only one man), Oswald walked about seven blocks east (into the downtown area) after he left the Depository within three minutes of the shooting.

"So I gave her a transfer and opened the door and she was going out the gentleman I had picked up about two blocks (back) asked for a transfer and got off at the same place in the middle of the block where the lady did.  It was the intersection near Lamar Street, it was near Poydras and Lamar Street." -- Cecil McWatters

They concluded, based on what McWatters told them (along with the Secret Service agents and FBI agents walking the route in an average time of six and a half minutes), that Oswald boarded the bus around 12:40 near the intersection of Field St. and Elm St. and then, after being on the bus for no more than four minutes, Oswald got off the bus near Lamar St. and Elm St. (asking for the transfer as he got off the bus).

So now we have Oswald leaving the bus around 12:44.

Oswald then walked three to four short blocks to the Greyhound station where he boarded Whaley's cab.  This has Oswald entering the cab around 12:48.

They then, with Whaley, reconstructed the cab ride from the Greyhound to the intersection of Beckley and Neely (Oswald got out of the cab on Beckley just north of the intersection with Neely).  They concluded (using a stopwatch) that the cab ride took five minutes and thirty seconds.

So now we have Oswald exiting Whaley's cab on Beckley at 12:53-12:54.

Still using the stopwatch, they concluded that it was a five minute and forty-five second walk from the point Oswald exited the cab back to the rooming house.

I think Oswald got to the rooming house between 12:58 and 1:00 and was back in his room just long enough to grab a jacket before hurrying out the door, zipping up the jacket as he went out the door.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2021, 04:20:50 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2021, 11:05:26 PM »
Whaley told the FBI that his infamous passenger was wearing a brown shirt, nothing about any jacket.

So your key witness perjured himself when giving his WC testimony? Got it!  Thumb1:

Speaking of what Mr Whaley told the FBI, this is from 11/23------------------

Therefore, according to your methodology, your key witness also perjured himself when he told the WC that he dropped Mr Oswald off at the 700 block
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 11:08:17 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2021, 11:33:52 PM »
So your key witness perjured himself when giving his WC testimony? Got it!  Thumb1:

Speaking of what Mr Whaley told the FBI, this is from 11/23------------------

Therefore, according to your methodology, your key witness also perjured himself when he told the WC that he dropped Mr Oswald off at the 700 block

I'd bet that Whaley's passenger was down to his last dollar, and when he saw the meter flip to 95 cents he told Whaley to pull over and he'd get out....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2021, 11:33:52 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2021, 01:53:06 AM »
I'd bet that Whaley's passenger was down to his last dollar, and when he saw the meter flip to 95 cents he told Whaley to pull over and he'd get out....
But the fare said 'keep the change' so he still had another $.05 travel money left.

I'm perfectly aware of Whaley's testimony in 1964.  It is YOU who is unaware of what Whaley told the FBI soon after the assassination.
I am more concerned about what the Feddos had Whaley say come testimony time. You cannot pick and choose which parts of his statements support your belief. The fare either had a jacket on or he didn't....either dropped off at the 500 block or he didn't.
Mr. BELIN. Mr. Whaley, today at noon there were six people including yourself that got in the car to travel that route that you drove a passenger on November 22, is that correct?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. One of them is sitting here in this room, Dr. Goldberg, over there. Do you see him?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Then you and I got in the car, and then Secret Service Agent John Joe Howlett. We drove in his car and he was the driver, wasn't he?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Then there was Mr. Joe Ball, Joseph A. Ball, and then a Mr. Davis, this tall light-haired person?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Mr. Davis is from the attorney general's office in Texas. Now what is the fact as to whether or not we went to the Greyhound Bus Depot here in Dallas?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Did you point out the place where you said you picked up this passenger?
Mr. WHALEY. I did, sir.
Mr. BELIN. We had a stopwatch, didn't we?
Never mind there Whaley...we are in control.
Mr. WHALEY. When I got to Beckley almost to the intersection of Beckley and Neely, he said, "This will do right here." and I pulled up to the curb
Mr. BELIN. Was that the 500 block of North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; that was the 700 block.
Mr. BELIN. You let him out not at the 500 block but the 700 block of North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Yes sir...no sir... which way did I go sir? 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2021, 02:38:40 AM »
But the fare said 'keep the change' so he still had another $.05 travel money left.
I am more concerned about what the Feddos had Whaley say come testimony time. You cannot pick and choose which parts of his statements support your belief. The fare either had a jacket on or he didn't....either dropped off at the 500 block or he didn't. Never mind there Whaley...we are in control.Yes sir...no sir... which way did I go sir? 

But if the man had stayed in the taxi until the meter incremented to the next number he would have had to pay $1.05...

I am more concerned about what the Feddos had Whaley say come testimony time. You cannot pick and choose which parts of his statements support your belief. The fare either had a jacket on or he didn't....either dropped off at the 500 block or he didn't.

There's no need to pick and choose....  The WC investigators showed us that Lee couldn't have arrived at the Greyhound taxi stand prior to 12:48.....  And Whaley had departed from the Greyhound, at least ten minutes before Lee arrived.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2021, 02:38:40 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2021, 03:02:42 AM »

But if the man had stayed in the taxi until the meter incremented to the next number he would have had to pay $1.05...
Do you think that old cab driver would step out and give some young guy an allocation of whipass over a nickel? 
But never mind that. The fare said specifically 'the 500 block...N Beckley'. Why? That is at the intersection of Davis and Beckley and an easy 10 minutes walk to 10th and Patton. This--- 'Oswald was/must have been scoping out the rooming house' is purely illogical speculation.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2021, 03:42:26 AM »
Do you think that old cab driver would step out and give some young guy an allocation of whipass over a nickel? 
But never mind that. The fare said specifically 'the 500 block...N Beckley'. Why? That is at the intersection of Davis and Beckley and an easy 10 minutes walk to 10th and Patton. This--- 'Oswald was/must have been scoping out the rooming house' is purely illogical speculation.

Jerry .... Whaley at some point said... The guy who was wearing a blue jacket looked like he had just arrived on a bus , and was tired and not talkative....  He obviously knew his way around Oak cliff because he thought that he had enough money to get to the 500 block of N. Beckley.    When he saw the meter flip to 95 cents he knew that he had consumed the dollar he he had in his pocket....so he asked Whaley to pull over to the curb and let him out of the cab.....

The fare said specifically 'the 500 block...N Beckley'. Why? That is at the intersection of Davis and Beckley and an easy 10 minutes walk to 10th and Patton.

I suspect that Whaley's passenger lived near the intersection of Davis and Beckley.....  And thought the dollar would take him home.....  He may have used a taxi to travel from the bus depot to home on previous occasions but Whaley took a slighly longer route and the Dollar was not going to cover the cost of the trip.

Of course this is simply speculation but it is a fact that Whaley's passenger WAS NOT Lee Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2021, 03:42:26 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2021, 07:15:17 PM »
One of the many weaknesses of the official story of how Mr Oswald got to Beckley is his alleged decision to catch a bus on Elm St that would quite predictably end up snarled in traffic before taking its passengers into the same Dealey Plaza from which Mr Oswald was so desperate to get away from. Preposterous!

If Mr Oswald wanted to get a bus, he would have kept walking south on Houston