Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The lapel flip -- what did i miss?  (Read 21195 times)

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: The lapel flip -- what did i miss?
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2022, 03:23:13 AM »
Advertisement
The lapel flip tests showed that the SBT was true. If no SBT then no lapel flip (see 3 pages below).

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:42:52 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2022, 03:23:13 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2022, 09:20:20 AM »
The slug hole in the front of Connally's jacket in 1963 was smaller than the big/long slug hole in the front of the "Connally" jacket in Lattimer's 1994 tests for bulge & flip/flap
                                                    -- but --
-- there were 2 holes in the front of Connally's 1963 jacket, koz the bullet went throo the inside pocket, as shown in the photo below
                                                     -- so --
-- the bulge & flip in Z224 in 1963 was very violent anyhow, due to the double layer of material
-- ie the heavy outer layer, the light lining, & 2 layers of light lining for the pocket.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 06:23:23 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2022, 12:17:55 PM »
The lapel flip was caused by the strong breeze that was blowing in Dealey Plaza during the motorcade. It has nothing to do with Connally's chest exit wound. In fact, the lapel flip is nowhere near Connally's chest exit wound. The bullet that exited Connally's chest created a small hole in Connally's coat, so it was not tumbling or traveling sideways.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2022, 12:17:55 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2022, 04:29:24 PM »
The lapel flip was caused by the strong breeze that was blowing in Dealey Plaza during the motorcade. It has nothing to do with Connally's chest exit wound. In fact, the lapel flip is nowhere near Connally's chest exit wound. The bullet that exited Connally's chest created a small hole in Connally's coat, so it was not tumbling or traveling sideways.

"The lapel flip was caused by the strong breeze"

I can't wait for Steve Galbraith to come to your defense for that one. :D

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2022, 04:56:47 PM »

Uh, yeah: Gusts of wind will cause lapels to flip up. You do know that the spot of the lapel flip is nowhere near Connally's chest exit wound, right? And you know that Connally, after studying high-quality enlargements of the Z film, insisted he was certain he was not hit before Z232 and that the impact occurred at around Z234, a split second before his right shoulder is pushed violently downward and forward, right?

And if the Z224 lapel flip was caused by a bullet, and if this was the magical SBT hit, pray tell what bullet hit JFK at Z188-190 when, barely half a second later, as even the HSCA's Photographic Evidence Panel (PEP) noted, Kennedy's movements suddenly freeze? Starting a Z200, JFK's right hand abruptly stops in the middle of a waving motion; he starts to move his hands toward his throat; and his head moves rapidly from right to left toward Jackie? Significantly, as the PEP also noted, there is also a strong blur episode at Z189-197.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2022, 04:56:47 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2022, 06:17:56 PM »

Using the Jerry Organ school of reasoning it's clear that Mr. Griffith is wrong because Ben Carson said something about Covid. Also Fox News. And Trump.

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2022, 06:44:05 PM »
Me myself i too used to think that a backdraft must have caused the lapel flip – until i heard of the Lattimer tests.
The 1994 hole looks to me to be in the same location as the 1963 hole (relative to the overall limits of the jacket).  However the 1994 lapel is very long, much longer than the 1963 lapel. 
In fact the 1994 lapel flip starts very early, koz it starts at the bottom, & then sortov whiplashes its way to the top, & when the flip at the top of the lapel is at a max the flip at the bottom  has already reduced to near zero.
So, i am thinking that the 1994 flip (of the upper flap) is stronger & earlier than the 1963 flip (due to whiplash effect).
So, i am thinking that my estimate of Z218 for Oswald's shot-2 might be korrekt afterall.
We karnt see a cloud of debris in front of Connally's 1963 jacket koz Connally is behind the roadsign at Z218 Z219 Z220 Z221.
And in Z222 Z223 Z224 Z225 Z226 the hole in the jacket is below the level of the door &or is obstructed by the divider/rollbar &or the hat, &or the frame is blurred etc.
And Lattimer tells me that the jacket bulge & the lapel flip in 1963 should all start soon after Z218 & should all be back at zero at Z228, but the early Z frames & the later Z frames are of zero value in establishing any of that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 06:56:08 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2022, 06:44:05 PM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2022, 06:55:02 PM »
Uh, yeah: Gusts of wind will cause lapels to flip up. You do know that the spot of the lapel flip is nowhere near Connally's chest exit wound, right? And you know that Connally, after studying high-quality enlargements of the Z film, insisted he was certain he was not hit before Z232 and that the impact occurred at around Z234, a split second before his right shoulder is pushed violently downward and forward, right?
And if the Z224 lapel flip was caused by a bullet, and if this was the magical SBT hit, pray tell what bullet hit JFK at Z188-190 when, barely half a second later, as even the HSCA's Photographic Evidence Panel (PEP) noted, Kennedy's movements suddenly freeze? Starting a Z200, JFK's right hand abruptly stops in the middle of a waving motion; he starts to move his hands toward his throat; and his head moves rapidly from right to left toward Jackie? Significantly, as the PEP also noted, there is also a strong blur episode at Z189-197.
Oswald's shot-1 was at about pseudo Z113 – it ricocheted offa the overhead signal arm – lead splatter hit JFK on the head – the remnant slug put a hole in the floorpan of the limo.
Oswald's shot-2 was at about Z218 – the magic bullet.
Hickey's shot-1-2-3-4  (an accidental autoburst of his AR15) were at about Z298 to Z313 – wounding Tague -- & putting a dent in the chrome trim above the windshield -- & blowing JFK's head half off -- & cracking the windshield.
There were no other shots in Dealey Plaza.