Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald: No power lunch  (Read 56093 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Oswald: No power lunch
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2021, 01:40:58 AM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2021, 01:40:58 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2021, 01:46:08 AM »
BS:

JohnM

Denial is typical for those who actually need help. Stop trolling
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 01:51:07 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2021, 02:06:18 AM »
What was Bonnie Ray Williams doing while Oswald was climbing out of the window?
If BRW was having his lunch next to the SN from 12:00 - 12:25pm when did Oswald get into position?
Maybe he was holding Oswald's belt with one hand while LHO leant out of the window and holding his half-eaten piece of chicken with the other hand.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2021, 02:06:18 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2021, 02:11:46 AM »
Tête-à-tête, Mitch
Thank you for pointing that out. I'm afraid I have a congenital diacritical deficiency that I've had since birth. While I take supplements to combat the condition, sometimes I'm forced to write before they kick in. You will be happy to note that I've gone back and corrected the error.  I will now go back to doing something important and/or useful. 

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2021, 02:33:31 AM »
He later told Mr Gill Toff that he saw Mr Oswald in the second-floor lunchroom before the motorcade

He had already gone back upstairs by this time-----------and Mr Oswald had come back down to the first floor (from the second floor) to eat lunch in the now vacated domino room
No, Dougherty finished lunch & went upstairs a little before 12:30. I think that most of the workers started lunch 15 minutes early. And Dougherty wanted to be on the 6th floor when his 45 minutes finished.

Dougherty did not see Oswald in the 2nd floor lunchroom. Neither did Carolyn Arnold.

Dougherty while on the 5th floor 4 minutes after the shots heard the loud bang of the rooftop trapdoor slamming shut 26 ft above his ear-holes due to the south-westerly wind blowing under the Hertz sign while Baker & Truly were on the roof.

Oswald gets to the 2nd floor after 48 sec (Sixth Floor Museum measurements)(see their youtube footage).
Oswald stops.  What to do next? 
Should he continue down to the first floor? 
Should he go to the first floor via the front stairs? 
Should he lay low in the lunch room? 
His jacket is in the Domino Room.
Uh Oh -- He hears Adams & Styles klomping down the stairs above him in a real hurry on a mission.
Best to duck over & hide near the coke machine in the lunch room & hope that whoever it is goes clean past.
They pass. He comes back out. What to do next?
He can't decide.  He will be less conspicuous if he takes the front stairs, but he would then have to walk back into & throo the storage area to get his jacket in the Domino Room.
He decides to continue down the back stairs.
He makes a start but then Truly hollers up the elevator shaft, so he goes back up.
Then he hears Baker & Truly galloping up the stairs, & he retreats to the coke machine a second time.
He walks slow & cool. 
He would have been better off diving into the lunchroom in a hurry, & laying low, koz he already knows that there is no-one in there, but he knows that if seen rushing (by Truly & Co) it will be a sure sign that he is guilty of something.
He nearly makes it, another couple of slow steps & he will be out of sight.
But damn, Baker spots a bit of him throo the glass of the door & says to come back.
Truly says that Oswald works here, & Baker & Truly gallop off.
Oswald gets a coke to look less guilty & more cool if confronted again.  And assassinations go better with coke.
The back stairs are now dangerous.  He heads for the front stairs, either forgetting about his jacket or deciding that his jacket is a dead duck.
But just in case more dumb cops are entering along the corridor he goes via the office.
Damn, he meets Jeraldean Reid as she returns to her desk.  She says something as they pass & he mumbles something back.  Its not a good look.  He has no business in the office, unless wanting change for the coke machine. Its not even a short cut to the stairs. Damn.  Anyhow no big deal.
He goes down the front stairs & mixes with the growing throng in the lobby near the front door without raising any suspicion.
Someone asks him about a phone.
Ok, things aint so bad, praps he can take a chance & get his jacket from the Domino Room anyhow.
Hmmm – he can get his jacket by going out the front door & down the steps & around & entering via the Houston dock (like he does each morning), & walking 13 paces to the jacket. 
Getting caught walking in shouldn’t result in getting bitten by a cop.
So, off he goes, but he gets a little ways up Houston & he sees Officer Barnett on sentry duty at the dock, & Barnett looks vicious.
So, a quick U-turn & back down Houston.  Buell Frazier sees him walking south along Houston.
No, the jacket is a dead duck.  He decides to get out of there asap, he crosses Houston & then crosses Elm.
Tippit is waiting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2021, 02:33:31 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2021, 02:48:00 AM »
No, Dougherty finished lunch & went upstairs a little before 12:30.

Correct

I think that most of the workers started lunch 15 minutes early. And Dougherty wanted to be on the 6th floor when his 45 minutes finished.

Dougherty did not see Oswald in the 2nd floor lunchroom. Neither did Carolyn Arnold.

Seeing as you were there that day and they weren't, I'm sure you're right. The coincidence between their recollections and a claim of Mr Oswald that did not reach the public domain until decades later is obviously just that--------a coincidence  Thumb1:

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2021, 02:49:10 AM »
Transcript of Toff's interview i think.

Jack Dougherty makes it down from the fifth floor down to the first and while being interviewed by Gill Toff is asked about whether he saw a white helmeted officer besides Truly.
Q: coming inaudible in the building right? And Mr Truly was down there and did you see a police officer come in with a big helmet on his head? You know a white helmet, a police officer come running in the building at all like right away?
JD:       No, I didn’t.

Further down in that same interview Dougherty claims that Oswald was eating his lunch in the second floor lunch room, which isn’t true at all. If he sees Oswald in the second floor lunch room after he has finished his lunch (what was the reason for him to go to the second fl lunch room after his lunch in the first place when he was going for the sixth).
But then changes his mind to  seeing him on two while Dougherty went downstairs. Quite a changeover. But that only says he sees him on the second floor, where Oswald went to get his coke for his lunch.
If Oswald at that time was eating his lunch n the second floor then he would have been spotted by many office workers. Yet no one did.

Q:         Did anybody tell you, for instance, you like Oswald probably if he was up on the sixth floor headed truly downstairs too, cause someone saw him down there on second floor, pretty fast
JD:       Yes, they had to, but I don’t know who it was.
Q:         You don’t know what?
JD:       I don’t know who it was, who saw him come down.
Q:         Did you see him at all that day do you remember?
JD:       Well, just downstairs in the lunch room, was about all.
Q:         But that was when you were having lunch right?
JD:       Yes, uh huh.
Q:         And he was having lunch in there too?
JD:       No, I was downstairs having lunch and he was having lunch upstairs on two.
Q:         Oh he had lunch on two? And you had lunch on one?
JD:       Yes.
Q:         And did you see him have lunch before you had it or after?
JD:       That was after.
Q:         You had your lunch first and then you saw him at lunch?
JD:       Well, I come down and I saw him on two see and then I went downstairs and had mine.
Q:         And he was already in eating?
JD:       Yes uh huh.

Later on in the same interview Dougherty doubles down by claiming that Truly was
downstairs for a while and was later asked to go find him by an F.B.I. agent.

Q:         I know cause he, he kinda helped out somewhat, according to them, to their statement.  Did you happen to eh, you know you said you came back downstairs and someone said go and see Mr Truly or go find Mr Truly, was he in the office at the time?
JD:       No, he was upstairs on another floor.
Q:         So when you came downstairs the first floor Mr Truly was in his office right?
JD:       Yes, for a while.
Q:         For a while, but then, you stayed downstairs for a while and then some FBI man came in you say and told you to go find him for him?
JD:       Yes, uh huh.
Q:         And did you ever find out where he was, Mr Truly?
JD:       No, no I never did find out.

Dougherty sees Truly in the office after his arrivalon the first floor. That doesn't equate to Truly's storming inside and on a good trot run towards the elevators does it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:01:30 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2021, 02:49:10 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2021, 02:49:16 AM »
No, Dougherty finished lunch & went upstairs a little before 12:30. I think that most of the workers started lunch 15 minutes early. And Dougherty wanted to be on the 6th floor when his 45 minutes finished.

Dougherty while on the 5th floor 4 minutes after the shots heard the loud bang of the rooftop trapdoor slamming shut 26 ft above his ear-holes due to the south-westerly wind blowing under the Hertz sign while Baker & Truly were on the roof.

Oswald gets to the 2nd floor after 48 sec (Sixth Floor Museum measurements)(see their youtube footage).
Oswald stops.  What to do next? 
Should he continue down to the first floor? 
Should he go to the first floor via the front stairs? 
Should he lay low in the lunch room? 
His jacket is in the Domino Room.
Uh Oh -- He hears Adams & Styles klomping down the stairs above him in a real hurry on a mission.
Best to duck over & hide near the coke machine in the lunch room & hope that whoever it is goes clean past.
They pass. He comes back out. What to do next?
He can't decide.  He will be less conspicuous if he takes the front stairs, but he would then have to walk back into & throo the storage area to get his jacket in the Domino Room.
He decides to continue down the back stairs.
He makes a start but then Truly hollers up the elevator shaft, so he goes back up.
Then he hears Baker & Truly galloping up the stairs, & he retreats to the coke machine a second time.
He walks slow & cool. 
He would have been better off diving into the lunchroom in a hurry, & laying low, koz he already knows that there is no-one in there, but he knows that if seen rushing (by Truly & Co) it will be a sure sign that he is guilty of something.
He nearly makes it, another couple of slow steps & he will be out of sight.
But damn, Baker spots a bit of him throo the glass of the door & says to come back.
Truly says that Oswald works here, & Baker & Truly gallop off.
Oswald gets a coke to look less guilty & more cool if confronted again.  And assassinations go better with coke.
The back stairs are now dangerous.  He heads for the front stairs, either forgetting about his jacket or deciding that his jacket is a dead duck.
But just in case more dumb cops are entering along the corridor he goes via the office.
Damn, he meets Jeraldean Reid as she returns to her desk.  She says something as they pass & he mumbles something back.  Its not a good look.  He has no business in the office, unless wanting change for the coke machine. Its not even a short cut to the stairs. Damn.  Anyhow no big deal.
He goes down the front stairs & mixes with the growing throng in the lobby near the front door without raising any suspicion.
Someone asks him about a phone.
Ok, things aint so bad, praps he can take a chance & get his jacket from the Domino Room anyhow.
Hmmm – he can get his jacket by going out the front door & down the steps & around & entering via the Houston dock (like he does each morning), & walking 13 paces to the jacket. 
Getting caught walking in shouldn’t result in getting bitten by a cop.
So, off he goes, but he gets a little ways up Houston & he sees Officer Barnett on sentry duty at the dock, & Barnett looks vicious.
So, a quick U-turn & back down Houston.  Buell Frazier sees him walking south along Houston.
No, the jacket is a dead duck.  He decides to get out of there asap, he crosses Houston & then crosses Elm.
Tippit is waiting.

Nice story. Too bad there is not a shred of evidence for it.

Pure speculation and also wrong. If Oswald came down the stairs it would have been directly after Adams and Styles and not before them. Study the timeline and you'll find it impossible for him to have been in front of them.