Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald: No power lunch  (Read 56144 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Oswald: No power lunch
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2021, 04:03:15 AM »
Advertisement
I don't know where Oswald went around asking everyone if they were going to be out of the Domino Room. The alibi was ad hoc and post factum. He could even throw in eating food and having lunch with Norman and Jarman.

What alibi are you talking about?

An alibi demostrating where you were 5 minutes prior to the shots is no alibi!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2021, 04:03:15 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2021, 04:05:34 AM »
Nice cherry pick. Here's what just two of the officials who heard what Oswald said wrote:

"In talking with him further about his location at the time the President was killed,
     he said he ate lunch with some of the colored boys who worked with him. One
     of them was called "Junior" and the other one was a little short man whose name
     he did not know. He said he had a cheese sandwich and some fruit and that was
     the only package he had brought with him to work and denied that he had brought
     the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister."

"He said he ate his lunch with the colored boys who worked with him. He described
     one of them as "Junior," a colored boy, and the other was little short negro boy.
     He said his lunch consisted of cheese, fruit, and apples, and was the only package
     he had with him when he went to work."

— Thomas J. Kelly

This doesn't sound like Oswald was anywhere near a lower floor ...

"You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation.
     So I didn't interrupt too much, but he [Lee Oswald] said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
     Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say
     whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see
     what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started
     to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers
     that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we
     will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about." And he
     wouldn't tell what happened then."

— Harry D. Holmes; April 2, 1964

Notice the Oswald lie: "denied that he had brought the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister"?

Golly, you Warren Gullibles really are scared of the draft Hosty report of the first interrogation, aren't you?  :D

Here it is again:

Now! Question! What was the first thing manual workers in the Depository usually did when they broke for lunch?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2021, 04:09:57 AM »
Nice cherry pick. Here's what just two of the officials who heard what Oswald said wrote:

"In talking with him further about his location at the time the President was killed,
     he said he ate lunch with some of the colored boys who worked with him. One
     of them was called "Junior" and the other one was a little short man whose name
     he did not know. He said he had a cheese sandwich and some fruit and that was
     the only package he had brought with him to work and denied that he had brought
     the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister."

"He said he ate his lunch with the colored boys who worked with him. He described
     one of them as "Junior," a colored boy, and the other was little short negro boy.
     He said his lunch consisted of cheese, fruit, and apples, and was the only package
     he had with him when he went to work."

— Thomas J. Kelly

This doesn't sound like Oswald was anywhere near a lower floor ...

"You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation.
     So I didn't interrupt too much, but he [Lee Oswald] said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
     Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say
     whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see
     what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started
     to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers
     that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we
     will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about." And he
     wouldn't tell what happened then."

— Harry D. Holmes; April 2, 1964

Notice the Oswald lie: "denied that he had brought the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister"?
~

What lie would that be exactly?

Did Kelly tell him exactly how long the package was that Frazier and Randle said they had seen? If not, how could Oswald deny the size of the package? Or could it be Kelly just wrote his opinion in his report?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2021, 04:09:57 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2021, 04:13:56 AM »
Being honest is a goof. Maybe in your world.

No, the goof was that your first and second sentences were logically incompatible with one another!  Thumb1:

No where (even with his "eating lunch" with the two) does Oswald "describe an empty domino room", much less "an empty rear area of the first floor at 12:26".

"Oswald stated that on November 22, 1963, he had eaten lunch in the lunch room at the Texas School Book Depository, alone" (Bookhout report, 11/23)

He knows to mention only two people he saw in the area: Messrs Norman & Jarman. How does he know there weren't others in a) the domino room b) the rear area of the first floor? Because WE know there weren't.

At this point, you're just trolling.  :P

Nah, you're just losing!   :)

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2021, 04:20:14 AM »
What alibi are you talking about?

An alibi demostrating where you were 5 minutes prior to the shots is no alibi!

So why should anyone believe Oswald was on the first floor during the assassination?

~

What lie would that be exactly?

Did Kelly tell him exactly how long the package was that Frazier and Randle said they had seen? If not, how could Oswald deny the size of the package? Or could it be Kelly just wrote his opinion in his report?

Oswald wouldn't even admit he placed the package across the back seat. He said it was a lunch bag of some vague size that he kept with him in the front seat. So either Oswald is lying (now what would be his motivation?) or Frazier is,

BTW, you're not still claiming you're not a conspiracy theorist? You have all the authorities lying about everything Oswald said; meanwhile a cop-killer, Presidential assassin and wife-beater gets all the benefit you can muster.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2021, 04:20:14 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2021, 04:54:52 AM »
No, the goof was that your first and second sentences were logically incompatible with one another!  Thumb1:

"Oswald stated that on November 22, 1963, he had eaten lunch in the lunch room at the Texas School Book Depository, alone" (Bookhout report, 11/23)

"OSWALD stated that on November 22, 1963, he had eaten lunch in the lunch room
     at the Texas School Book Depository, alone, but recalled possibly two Negro
     employees walking through the room during this period. He stated possibly one
     of these employees was called ‘Junior’ and the other was a short individual whose
     name he could not recall but whom he would be able to recognize."

He knows to mention only two people he saw in the area: Messrs Norman & Jarman. How does he know there weren't others in a) the domino room b) the rear area of the first floor? Because WE know there weren't.

It would have been odd for anyone to be in the Domino Room after 12:15 with the President about to pass by. Even Eddie Piper tried to get a look at the motorcade. Oswald knew just eating his lunch alone wasn't enough, that it needed some "confirmation" in the vague presence of Norman and Jarman. Actually the two regularly hung out together during breaks.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2021, 05:24:53 AM »
Another one who has never been to the TSBD! All theory and no first hand knowledge.
To look straight down to the sidewalk from the 6th floor your entire upper body would need to be hanging out of the window.

Getting it from you isn't any better than not being there. Worse, actually, since one can see in the second image that the ledges hardly protrude at all. A person could easily place a knee or two on the brickwork beneath the window and lean forward with hands gripping the outer edge of the ledge while peering earthward.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:57:59 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2021, 05:24:53 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2021, 06:59:11 AM »
(1) the window of the 6th floor can only open up half way.

You could certainly be right, but I don't have the time to look for evidence of that claim so could you provide a cite? Thanks.

The following photo is obviously not proof of anything because it was taken after the 22nd and the window could have been fixed but just for reference the photo does show what the fully open window looks like.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 06:59:48 AM by John Mytton »