Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Carcano: What Oswald Apologists don't want to hear  (Read 11768 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The Carcano: What Oswald Apologists don't want to hear
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2021, 10:44:37 PM »
Advertisement
‘I Can’t Believe We Pulled It Off,’ Says Olympics Organizer Standing In Charred Crater Where Tokyo Once Was

TOKYO—Staring in wonderment as the Olympic Village, stadiums, and surrounding cityscape collapsed in upon themselves, the beaming president of the International Olympic Committee said “I can’t believe we pulled it off” while standing in the charred, smoking crater where Tokyo once was. “Despite unprecedented challenges and obstacles, we never once abandoned our mission to bring the world the 2020 Summer Games,” Thomas Bach told reporters as he walked amongst the smoldering rubble and applauded Olympic organizers, workers, and athletes who were screaming for help, many of them buried beneath several thousand tons of twisted steel and concrete that had crashed down around them. “Although we faced a yearlong delay, nothing could stop us from lighting the Olympic torch in Tokyo for the first time since 1964. To everyone who said we should have given up and gone home—look at us now!” Bach then climbed atop a large pile of bones to announce his intention to hold the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles in 2028 and Brisbane in 2032 even if those cities were completely engulfed in wildfires as a result of climate change.

https://www.theonion.com/i-can-t-believe-we-pulled-it-off-says-olympics-organ-1847429973

Old Walt still thinks the Onion ...... poll actually happened. I posted the exact same poll a couple of years ago and he treated that seriously as well. Then when I informed him that The Onion is a spoof site he complained that people should be 'warned' when something is a spoof.

The hits just keep on coming'..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:48:51 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2021, 10:44:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2021, 10:47:02 PM »
Now the iron sights are useless. ::)

Jerry,...Do I have to post the news paper clipping that touted the deadly accuracy of the rifle because it was equipped with a "TELECOPC SIGHT".......   That was for us gullible "pissants"

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2021, 01:38:50 AM »
The Commission thought it was possible to use the scope, even if it was off-zero at 100 yards as it was during the FBI tests. The distance from the Z313 head shot to the Sniper's Nest window as 218 feet (72.67 yards).

"Frazier later fired four groups of three shots at a distance of 100 yards
     in 5.9, 6.2, 5.6, and 6.5 seconds. Each series of three shots landed
     within areas ranging in diameter from 3 to 5 inches. Although all of the
     shots were a few inches high and to the right of the target., this was
     because of a defect in the scope which was recognized by the FBI
     agents and which they could have compensated for if they were aiming
     to hit a bull's-eye. They were instead firing to determine how rapidly the
     weapon could be fired and the area within which three shots could be
     placed. Frazier testified that while he could not tell when the defect
     occurred, but that a person familiar with the weapon could compensate
     for it. Moreover, the defect was one which would have assisted the
     assassin aiming at a target which was moving away. Frazier said,
     "The fact that the crosshairs are set high would actually compensate
     for any lead which had to be taken. So that if you aimed with this
     weapon as it actually was received at the laboratory, it would not be
     necessary to take any lead whatsoever in order to hit the intended object.
     The scope would accomplish the lead for you." Frazier added that the
     scope would cause a slight miss to the right. It should be noted, however,
     that the President's car was curving slightly to the right when the third
     shot was fired.

Based on these tests the experts agreed that the assassination rifle was
     an accurate weapon. Simmons described it as "quite accurate," in fact,
     as accurate as current military rifles. Frazier testified that the rifle was
     accurate, that it had less recoil than the average military rifle and that one
     would not have to be an expert marksman to have accomplished the
     assassination with the weapon which was used.

Conclusion

The various tests showed that the Mannlicher-Carcano was an accurate
     rifle and that the use of a four-power scope was a substantial aid to rapid,
     accurate firing."

— Warren Report, pp.194-195

(Yet another example of the exemplary unbiased work contributed by the Warren Commission and the federal agencies.)

I assume this is in the open air and nothing resembling the conditions in the snipers nest?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 01:51:44 AM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2021, 01:38:50 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2021, 02:22:05 AM »
I assume this is in the open air and nothing resembling the conditions in the snipers nest?

Wouldn't being in the "open air" and exposed to the elements be more of a hindrance than being tucked away safe and sound inside?

JohnM

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2021, 02:30:22 AM »
 By all means show off a little and make me look the fool with a demonstration of those roomy and cozy snipers nest conditions and show how much easier that is Maybe even serve hot chocolate

I thought it was reenactment of JFK shooting not the battle of Stalingrad
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 02:38:19 AM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2021, 02:30:22 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2021, 02:40:16 AM »
Old Walt still thinks the Onion ...... poll actually happened. I posted the exact same poll a couple of years ago and he treated that seriously as well. Then when I informed him that The Onion is a spoof site he complained that people should be 'warned' when something is a spoof.

I thought all your posts were spoofs

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2021, 03:45:19 AM »

I was trying to envision the written poll questions and said to myself, nah that has to be a joke. So I clicked on the link out of curiosity.

Reminded me of an event back in the mid seventies where some college students actually printed a run of newspapers that looked like the real thing and placed them in some of the vending boxes that were around town. The large bold headline read “ HELL FREEZES OVER “. They created several funny stories too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2021, 03:45:19 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2021, 03:52:51 AM »
By all means show off a little and make me look the fool with a demonstration of those roomy and cozy snipers nest conditions and show how much easier that is Maybe even serve hot chocolate

I thought it was reenactment of JFK shooting not the battle of Stalingrad

Yes, And while telling us about the conditions in the "Sniper's Nest" please explain how the sniper was able to decline the muzzle of the rifle down onto Elm street while resting the rifle on top of that stack of boxes while he was sitting on a box behind that stack of boxes......    How'd he do that???   Hmmm.....