Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald and the Viva Fidel sign  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Oswald and the Viva Fidel sign
« on: June 29, 2021, 01:12:28 AM »
Advertisement
In his most recent online video, John Newman makes several references to Oswald having a "Viva Fidel" sign around his neck in January of 1963. I always thought this occurred in April 1963, not January 1963.

Am I missing something?

John Newman makes one of these references at 2 hours and 24 minutes on this video:

JFK Assassination Forum

Oswald and the Viva Fidel sign
« on: June 29, 2021, 01:12:28 AM »

Offline Anthony Frank

• The CIA’s Quest to Control the Government
Re: Oswald and the Viva Fidel sign
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 02:39:36 AM »
In his most recent online video, John Newman makes several references to Oswald having a "Viva Fidel" sign around his neck in January of 1963. I always thought this occurred in April 1963, not January 1963.

Am I missing something?

Oswald had a "Viva Fidel" sign around his neck on 2 occasions. One was on April 21, 1963, and the other was on August 9, 1963.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1134#relPageId=799&search=%22Viva_Fidel%22

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1134#relPageId=799&search=%22Viva_Fidel%22

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 03:02:46 AM »
Oswald had a "Viva Fidel" sign around his neck on 2 occasions. One was on April 21, 1963, and the other was on August 9, 1963.

Thanks. Those links state that lho passed out fpcc leaflets in Dallas in April 1963. The question is where did lho get those leaflets? None have ever turned up in evidence.

Was it ever determined who these t-1 and t-2 informants were?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 03:02:46 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 03:52:40 PM »
Thanks. Those links state that lho passed out fpcc leaflets in Dallas in April 1963. The question is where did lho get those leaflets? None have ever turned up in evidence.

Was it ever determined who these t-1 and t-2 informants were?

I don't remember the guy's name (easy to look up*) but, according to John Armstrong, T2 was one of the men Oswald hired to hand out leaflets. POI, the other man is reportedly Ted Cruz's dad.

*Charles Steele.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:31:54 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »
I don't remember the guy's name (easy to look up*) but, according to John Armstrong, T2 was one of the men Oswald hired to hand out leaflets. POI, the other man is reportedly Ted Cruz's dad.

*Charles Steele.

Thanks. I read recently Ted Cruzs father was in new Orleans in this time frame and was strongly anti communist. Could it be him in the photo spying on Oswald and seeing what he was up to?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 12:35:43 AM »
Thanks. I read recently Ted Cruzs father was in new Orleans in this time frame and was strongly anti communist. Could it be him in the photo spying on Oswald and seeing what he was up to?

IMO, I believe it very unlikely the other guy was Cruz's dad. I believe it even more unlikely either of them was "spying" on Oswald as such. Charles Steele wasn't a true confidential informer. He did give information about Oswald to the FBI, his father, who happened to be a deputy sheriff, insisted he did so and frogmarched him to the FBI offices. Charles Steele was concerned about his name being revealed so the FBI gave him the alias T2. This technically made him a CI. Both men were approached by Oswald at the unemployment bureau and were paid the grand sum of $2 each to hand out leaflets. No one has ever been able to find out the identity of the other helper and the 'evidence' for it actually being Ted Cruz's dad is very flimsy.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 01:03:58 AM »
No one has ever been able to find out the identity of the other helper and the 'evidence' for it actually being Ted Cruz's dad is very flimsy.

I know. It would make a great story though!  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 01:03:58 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 03:06:14 AM »
I know. It would make a great story though!  :D

It already has.  :D