Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: DPD Tapes and a 6 Minute Discrepancy  (Read 23808 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: DPD Tapes and a 6 Minute Discrepancy
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2021, 05:31:09 PM »
Advertisement
George and Patricia Nash saw it and they said the call was logged at 1:18.

Learn the case.

A lot of people said they saw a lot of things.  Where's the card?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2021, 05:31:09 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2021, 07:26:44 AM »

Are you going to join Weidmann and state as a fact that the Nashes did NOT see the time card?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2021, 06:46:33 PM »
Are you going to join Weidmann and state as a fact that the Nashes did NOT see the time card?

I don't know what the Nashes saw, but I do know anyone can claim that they saw anything.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2021, 06:46:33 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2021, 10:41:22 PM »
I don't know what the Nashes saw, but I do know anyone can claim that they saw anything.

Bill Brown merely claims that the Nashes saw the time stamped card,

Learn the case.

but he can not provide a shred of evidence for that claim, which is why he is now trying to shift the burden of proof by asking you that silly question.

This is what the Nashes actually said in their 1964 article "The other witnesses";

The Dudley M. Hughes Funeral Home is the central ambulance dispatching point for southern Dallas. It either handles calls directly or calls other funeral homes in the system that cover other areas. Dudley M. Hughes Jr., the dispatcher, took the call from the police. He filled out an ambulance call slip with the code “3-19” (which means emergency shooting) and the address, “501 East 10th Street.” He put the slip into the time clock and stamped it 1:18 p.m., November 22, in the space marked “Time Called.”

Nowhere do they say that they saw the actual card, when they interviewed Dudley M. Hughes Jr.

I have asked Bill Brown in the past what makes him think the Nashes did actually see the card, but all I got as a "reply" is that - according to Brown - a lot more source material about George and Patricia Nash can be found on line. Yet, none of my searches found any other material and Brown – of course – failed to produce any links either.

A long time ago I asked Brown to produce the actual time card and he failed to do that also, so history seems to be repeating itself.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2021, 01:01:39 AM »
By this standard, we shouldn't believe Markham, Bowley, Davenport, your mom, or just about
anyone else. You've come up with the most ridiculous argument I've seen all week.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2021, 01:01:39 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2021, 01:22:39 AM »
Bill Brown merely claims that the Nashes saw the time stamped card,

but he can not provide a shred of evidence for that claim, which is why he is now trying to shift the burden of proof by asking you that silly question.

This is what the Nashes actually said in their 1964 article "The other witnesses";

The Dudley M. Hughes Funeral Home is the central ambulance dispatching point for southern Dallas. It either handles calls directly or calls other funeral homes in the system that cover other areas. Dudley M. Hughes Jr., the dispatcher, took the call from the police. He filled out an ambulance call slip with the code “3-19” (which means emergency shooting) and the address, “501 East 10th Street.” He put the slip into the time clock and stamped it 1:18 p.m., November 22, in the space marked “Time Called.”

Nowhere do they say that they saw the actual card, when they interviewed Dudley M. Hughes Jr.
Consider the phrase 'He put the slip into the time clock and stamped it 1:18 p.m., November 22, in the space marked “Time Called.”' Calling out a specific field on the card, to the point of putting that field's name in quotation marks, strongly implies that the Nashes saw the actual card and are describing what they saw on it. Ditto for the fact that they also explicitly quoted the location ("501 East 10th Street") and call code ("3-19").

Then there is this sentence in the next paragraph: "The record shows that Butler called in to the funeral home at 1:26 p.m. to say he had reached the hospital." "The record" indicates that the Nashes  saw it written down. 1:26 ambulance arrival isn't anywhere in the DPD records that I know of. Nor does it appear in the Channel One recordings, so the only record left was what Dudley Hughes kept. And the obvious place that would appear in on the call sheet. 

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2021, 01:36:53 AM »

Learn the case.

You're much wiser than Weidmann.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2021, 01:36:53 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2021, 01:42:09 AM »
Consider the phrase 'He put the slip into the time clock and stamped it 1:18 p.m., November 22, in the space marked “Time Called.”' Calling out a specific field on the card, to the point of putting that field's name in quotation marks, strongly implies that the Nashes saw the actual card and are describing what they saw on it. Ditto for the fact that they also explicitly quoted the location ("501 East 10th Street") and call code ("3-19").

Then there is this sentence in the next paragraph: "The record shows that Butler called in to the funeral home at 1:26 p.m. to say he had reached the hospital." "The record" indicates that the Nashes  saw it written down. 1:26 ambulance arrival isn't anywhere in the DPD records that I know of. Nor does it appear in the Channel One recordings, so the only record left was what Dudley Hughes kept. And the obvious place that would appear in on the call sheet.

Consider the phrase 'He put the slip into the time clock and stamped it 1:18 p.m., November 22, in the space marked “Time Called.”' Calling out a specific field on the card, to the point of putting that field's name in quotation marks, strongly implies that the Nashes saw the actual card and are describing what they saw on it.

It only implies that to you, because that's what you want it to imply.

Does this part: 'He put the slip into the time clock and stamped it 1:18 p.m., November 22, also imply that they saw him put the slip in the time clock?

Whatever you think something implies does not provide credible evidence. At best it provides an opinion.

Consider this; according to the DPD transcripts the ambulance was called at 1:18 and Butler, the driver, is on record saying that from the departure at the funeral home to the arrival at the ambulance took less than four minutes. So, even if the 1:18 call is correct (which it isn't) the ambulance would have arrived at the hospital at 1:22, which makes a time of 1:26 not only not correct but impossible.

All of this could have been resolved by the investigators by collecting the original time stamped card from the funeral home and put it into evidence. This never happened, despite the fact that FBI agents, were talking to staff of the hospital and funeral home and producing FD 302 reports (which were later altered again). The time card is gone. It was never produced and I bet it doesn't even exists.

But even if it does and even if it said the call was received at 1:18, how do you know the clock of the funeral home was correct, when at the same time LNs are claiming that just about every other time piece, involved in this case, was wrong?