Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 49013 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #392 on: May 17, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »
Advertisement
Well, since you asked...

(And remember, this is only my best guess. who really knows?)

I believe Oswald walked down Beckley, took a left onto Davis and then a right onto Patton.  Then I believe he took a left onto Tenth and walked a couple blocks towards Marsalis.  Dale Myers told me that there was a Dallas County Sherriff's car parked near Marsalis and Tenth.  I think perhaps Oswald got spooked by that and reversed direction on Tenth and is now walking west on Tenth.

I know, this has him heading somewhat towards Ruby's apartment.

Honestly, I don't like to speculate about Oswald's path and/or where he was intending to go.  But one thing seems certain, he was not heading to the theater until AFTER he shot Tippit.

David Belin's analysis of Oswald's movements speculated that he was staying off the main routes.  And noted that there was a bus transfer point at Marsalis and Jefferson where Oswald could have used his bus transfer.  Only about three blocks from the Tippit scene.  There is still a bus stop there.  That would lend itself to Oswald walking east on Tenth.  After the Tippit shooting, he is in panic flight moving in the direction of least resistance.  Just playing out his hand in response to what is happening in front of him.  Ducking into the theatre was actually not a bad decision if he had only paid for a ticket.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #392 on: May 17, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #393 on: May 23, 2021, 01:14:52 AM »
David Belin's analysis of Oswald's movements speculated that he was staying off the main routes.  And noted that there was a bus transfer point at Marsalis and Jefferson where Oswald could have used his bus transfer.  Only about three blocks from the Tippit scene.  There is still a bus stop there.  That would lend itself to Oswald walking east on Tenth.  After the Tippit shooting, he is in panic flight moving in the direction of least resistance.  Just playing out his hand in response to what is happening in front of him.  Ducking into the theatre was actually not a bad decision if he had only paid for a ticket.

David Belin's analysis of Oswald's movements speculated that he was staying off the main routes.

That's the beauty of speculation and assumptions. With enough of it, without any actual evidence, you can get anybody to do anything you like, regardless if it is reality or not.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2021, 01:25:44 PM »
David Belin's analysis of Oswald's movements speculated that he was staying off the main routes.

That's the beauty of speculation and assumptions. With enough of it, without any actual evidence, you can get anybody to do anything you like, regardless if it is reality or not.

It's a given that a person taking flight from law enforcement would be ducking out of sight by, for instance, pretending to look at tennis shoes from the lobby of a shoe store at the same time as speeding cop cars are roaring by; ducking into theatres; taking off-the-beaten-track side streets, along with back alleys (as witnessed by at least one alert citizen who ID'd the little prick near the car lot).

Oh, yeah.. and, if need be, ambushing a poor dumb cop and murdering him in cold blood. And trying to shoot more cops at the movies while 'not resisting' arrest.

Now that is reality.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:25:47 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2021, 01:25:44 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #395 on: May 23, 2021, 01:45:18 PM »
It's a given that a person taking flight from law enforcement would be ducking out of sight by, for instance, pretending to look at tennis shoes from the lobby of a shoe store at the same time as speeding cop cars are roaring by; ducking into theatres; taking off-the-beaten-track side streets, along with back alleys (as witnessed by at least one alert citizen who ID'd the little prick near the parking lot).

Oh, yeah.. and, if need be, ambushing a poor dumb cop and murdering him in cold blood. And trying to shoot more cops at the movies while 'not resisting' arrest.

Now that is reality.

Now that is reality.

No. It's BS

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #396 on: May 23, 2021, 02:10:11 PM »

Oswald couldn't take the risk of showing himself to Postal. Why expose himself to another potential witness. The 'path of least resistance' would be the order of the day for anybody running for his life.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #396 on: May 23, 2021, 02:10:11 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #397 on: May 23, 2021, 04:03:50 PM »

Says the contrarian who "speculates" and "assumes" every item of evidence of Oswald's guilt is the product of fakery.  Of course Oswald's destination would have to be the source of some "speculation" because only he would know for sure and Tippit disrupted whatever he had planned.  There is a basis for reasoned speculation, though.  Oswald was in flight.  He had no access to a car and limited resources.  He is familiar with the bus lines in Dallas as his primary means of transport.  He has a bus transfer in his pocket. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to "speculate" that he was looking for a bus.  And the main bus transfer points where he could use the transfer were on Jefferson.  If he had any fantasy of escape, then it would involve getting to Mexico and then seeking asylum from the Cubans.  Of course that is wildly unrealistic but Oswald is a loon who had no good options under the circumstance.  Obviously, he couldn't stay in Dallas or the US.  He has just returned for Mexico and knows the drill.  If he has any plan, then it involved moving in that direction until someone catches him.  Just like James Earl Ray did after assassinating Martin Luther King.  Ray made it to Canada and then Europe.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #398 on: May 23, 2021, 04:14:31 PM »
Says the contrarian who "speculates" and "assumes" every item of evidence of Oswald's guilt is the product of fakery.  Of course Oswald's destination would have to be the source of some "speculation" because only he would know for sure and Tippit disrupted whatever he had planned.  There is a basis for reasoned speculation, though.  Oswald was in flight.  He had no access to a car and limited resources.  He is familiar with the bus lines in Dallas as his primary means of transport.  He has a bus transfer in his pocket. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to "speculate" that he was looking for a bus.  And the main bus transfer points where he could use the transfer were on Jefferson.  If he had any fantasy of escape, then it would involve getting to Mexico and then seeking asylum from the Cubans.  Of course that is wildly unrealistic but Oswald is a loon who had no good options under the circumstance.  Obviously, he couldn't stay in Dallas or the US.  He has just returned for Mexico and knows the drill.  If he has any plan, then it involved moving in that direction until someone catches him.  Just like James Earl Ray did after assassinating Martin Luther King.  Ray made it to Canada and then Europe.

Says the contrarian who "speculates" and "assumes" every item of evidence of Oswald's guilt is the product of fakery.

Stop whining. I am right and you know it

Of course Oswald's destination would have to be the source of some "speculation" because only he would know for sure

Indeed... so you understand that I am right!

There is a basis for reasoned speculation, though. 

"reasoned speculation" LOL

Oswald was in flight.  He had no access to a car and limited resources.  He is familiar with the bus lines in Dallas as his primary means of transport.

Three speculations in three sentences.....

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to "speculate" that he was looking for a bus.  And the main bus transfer points where he could use the transfer were on Jefferson.

Hey Watson, if he was looking for a bus, why did he not simply get on to one. There were plenty about on Jefferson!

If he had any fantasy of escape, then it would involve getting to Mexico and then seeking asylum from the Cubans.  Of course that is wildly unrealistic but Oswald is a loon who had no good options under the circumstance.  Obviously, he couldn't stay in Dallas or the US.  He has just returned for Mexico and knows the drill.  If he has any plan, then it involved moving in that direction until someone catches him.

More "reasoned speculation"?   :D

You really don't get that your entire post is filled with one speculation after another, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #398 on: May 23, 2021, 04:14:31 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #399 on: May 23, 2021, 06:01:24 PM »
Now that is reality.

No. It's BS

Now there's a path of least resistance if I ever saw one.
What are you running from, Martin?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:37:57 PM by Bill Chapman »