Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 50029 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »
Advertisement
"Now, she (Earlene Roberts) gives different time variants; two minutes, three minutes, four minutes, five minutes, whatever.  She qualifies it all by basically saying he was back there long enough to grab a jacket."- Bill Brown

In her testimony she did not give different time variants. She said twice that Oswald was in his room for about 3 to 4 minutes and on both occassions she connected it with her previous testimony that he left the house zipping up a jacket, by saying that he was there long enough to grab a jacket.

So, there is no qualification. It's a remark that implies that Oswald did in fact go into his room to grab a jacket. She could have said "he was there long enough to change clothes", or something similar, but she didn't. By presenting her remarks in the way you did. you placed the emphasis on your (and her) conclusion that he did indeed go to the room to pick up a jacket, but except for Roberts saying it, there is no corrobarative evidence for that.

In other words, you presented Roberts' guess, about why Oswald was back there, as if it was a fact that he grabbed a jacket.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »

Online Bill Brown

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »
In her testimony she did not give different time variants. She said twice that Oswald was in his room for about 3 to 4 minutes and on both occassions she connected it with her previous testimony that he left the house zipping up a jacket, by saying that he was there long enough to grab a jacket.

So, there is no qualification. It's a remark that implies that Oswald did in fact go into his room to grab a jacket. She could have said "he was there long enough to change clothes", or something similar, but she didn't. By presenting her remarks in the way you did. you placed the emphasis on your (and her) conclusion that he did indeed go to the room to pick up a jacket, but except for Roberts saying it, there is no corrobarative evidence for that.

In other words, you presented Roberts' guess, about why Oswald was back there, as if it was a fact that he grabbed a jacket.

In her testimony she did not give different time variants.

I did not say that she gave different time variants in her testimony.

but except for Roberts saying it, there is no corrobarative evidence for that.

Roberts was the only human being present when Oswald entered the rooming house.  How in Sam Hell is there supposed to be any corroborating evidence?

Regardless of what color Roberts believed the Oswald jacket to be versus the color of CE-162, what happened to the jacket Oswald was zipping up as he went out the door?  Forget Tenth and Patton.  Forget CE-162.  Why did Oswald ditch his jacket between the rooming house and the shoe store?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2021, 09:33:11 PM »
Mrs. ROBERTS. "He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 09:36:32 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2021, 09:33:11 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2021, 09:44:48 PM »

Roberts was the only human being present when Oswald entered the rooming house.  How in Sam Hell is there supposed to be any corroborating evidence?

Regardless of what color Roberts believed the Oswald jacket to be versus the color of CE-162, what happened to the jacket Oswald was zipping up as he went out the door?  Forget Tenth and Patton.  Forget CE-162.  Why did Oswald ditch his jacket between the rooming house and the shoe store?

True, but we were talking about what she said in her testimony. You emphasized in the interview that Roberts testified that "he was back there long enough to grab a jacket" and then you said "she gives different times" which to anybody hearing it means that she gave different times in her testimony, which she didn't. Also, she wouldn't have to "qualify" in her testimony anything she didn't say in that testimony.

Good question. It's one that every prosecutor struggles with from time to time.

The problem is that corroboration is needed as Marina testified that Oswald had only two jackets. CE 163 was later found at the TSBD and Buell Frazier testified that Oswald was wearing a gray jacket to Irving on Thursday evening. Oswald only had one gray jacket and that is now in evidence as CE 162. In other words; according to Roberts Oswald put on that jacket at the roominghouse on Friday, but Buell Frazier says Oswald took that jacket to Irving the day before.

Roberts and Frazier can't both be right, as there is no way that CE 162 could have gotten from Irving to the roominghouse on Friday morning.

This assumes that Oswald did in fact leave the roominghouse zipping up a jacket, for which there is is only Roberts' word and no corroboration. I seriously doubt that he did leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket and I believe that a (still unidentified) DPD officer found a white jacket under a car and called it in and that is possible that the gray jacket now in evidence as CE 162 was actually recovered from Ruth Paine's house and brought to Westbrook, at the police station.

If Oswald did not leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket, it follows that he also did not ditch it anywhere.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2021, 09:49:29 PM »
Mrs. ROBERTS. "He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket."

So, half blind Earlene first tells us that her powers to observe details are, to say the least, poor, as she couldn't say a damned thing about the shirt she saw Oswald wearing as he came in, and then she tells us he got and put on a zipper jacket.

What happened? Did her powers of observation suddenly improve, despite the fact that she was concentrating on getting the television to work and couldn't have seen Oswald for any longer than a couple of seconds as he walked behind her back from his room to the front door?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2021, 09:49:29 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2021, 09:55:07 PM »

True, but we were talking about what she said in her testimony. You emphasized in the interview that Roberts testified that "he was back there long enough to grab a jacket" and then you said "she gives different times" which to anybody hearing it means that she gave different times in her testimony, which she didn't. Also, she wouldn't have to "qualify" in her testimony anything she didn't say in that testimony.

Good question. It's one that every prosecutor struggles with from time to time.

The problem is that corroboration is needed as Marina testified that Oswald had only two jackets. CE 163 was later found at the TSBD and Buell Frazier testified that Oswald was wearing a gray jacket to Irving on Thursday evening. Oswald only had one gray jacket and that is now in evidence as CE 162. In other words; according to Roberts Oswald put on that jacket at the roominghouse on Friday, but Buell Frazier says Oswald took that jacket to Irving the day before.

Roberts and Frazier can't both be right, as there is no way that CE 162 could have gotten from Irving to the roominghouse on Friday morning.

This assumes that Oswald did in fact leave the roominghouse zipping up a jacket, for which there is is only Roberts' word and no corroboration. I seriously doubt that he did leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket and I believe that a (still unidentified) DPD officer found a white jacket under a car and called it in and that is possible that the gray jacket now in evidence as CE 162 was actually recovered from Ruth Paine's house and brought to Westbrook, at the police station.

If Oswald did not leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket, it follows that he also did not ditch it anywhere.

"I seriously doubt that he did leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket"

What is the basis for this serious doubt?

Online Bill Brown

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:56 PM »

I seriously doubt that he did leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket

Of course you do.  You don't want to have to explain why Oswald ditched his jacket between the rooming house and the shoe store.

More than anything else, this is what I use as my litmus test to find out exactly how determined one is at finding the truth versus just playing defense attorney games.  It is okay to believe there was some sort of conspiracy.  It is kay to believe that Oswald was framed and evidence was planted.  I mean, it's ludicrous, but it's okay.  But to deny that Oswald left the rooming house in a jacket proves to me that one is not interested in getting at the truth.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:00:39 PM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:56 PM »

Online Bill Brown

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2021, 09:59:52 PM »
"I seriously doubt that he did leave the roominghouse wearing a jacket"

What is the basis for this serious doubt?

That's a great question, Dan.  One that you will never get a REASONABLE answer to.

Earlene Roberts was very specific when she said Oswald was zipping up a jacket as he went out the door.  On 11/22/63, she also told a reporter that Oswald left the house wearing a short grey coat.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:02:37 PM by Bill Brown »