Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 49918 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2021, 10:02:37 PM »
Advertisement
Pretty sure he was accurate about Oswald being back there long enough to grab a jacket, given Earlene's time frame.

As per usual you are clueless. It's not about how long Oswald actually was in his room. Bill Brown claimed Earlene Roberts said that he [Oswald] was "back there long enough to grab a jacket". She never said those words.

Get a clue that this is not a court of law, Sluggo. And 'what this is all about' is you Oswald arse-kissers attempting to dump on Earlene's competency as an eyewitness.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:06:20 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2021, 10:02:37 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2021, 10:46:32 PM »
Get a clue that this is not a court of law, Sluggo. And 'what this is all about' is you Oswald arse-kissers attempting to dump on Earlene's competency as an eyewitness.
Roberts testified to this:

Mr. BALL.. How long did he [i.e., Oswald] stay in the room?
Mr. ROBERTS. Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes-just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it.

Again: "... just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it."

Testimony here:  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/robertse.htm

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2021, 11:22:46 PM »
Pretty sure he was accurate about Oswald being back there long enough to grab a jacket, given Earlene's time frame.

As per usual you are clueless. It's not about how long Oswald actually was in his room. Bill Brown claimed Earlene Roberts said that he [Oswald] was "back there long enough to grab a jacket". She never said those words.

Mr. BALL.. How long did he stay in the room ?
Mr. ROBERTS. Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes-just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2021, 11:22:46 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2021, 12:31:26 AM »
Roberts testified to this:

Mr. BALL.. How long did he [i.e., Oswald] stay in the room?

Again: "... just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it."

Testimony here:  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/robertse.htm

Mr. ROBERTS. Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes -just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it.

JohnM

Not even close to being accurate;

Bill Brown claimed Earlene Roberts said that he [Oswald] was "back there long enough to grab a jacket".

She never said those words.

In fact she actually said "maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes" and was guessing that it was "just long enough" "to "get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it."

For somebody who demands accuracy from others, Bill Brown should be more accurate himself.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:35:08 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2021, 12:33:33 AM »

Get a clue that this is not a court of law, Sluggo.

Tell it to Bill Brown, the next time he gets on my case, because - according to him - I located Callaway 50 feet away from where he was.

And 'what this is all about' is you Oswald arse-kissers attempting to dump on Earlene's competency as an eyewitness.

Like you and other LNs are constantly doing with Buell Frazier?

But, actually, that's not at all what this is about. It's about Brown putting words in Earlene Roberts mouth she never actually said, but, clueless as you are, you of course did not understand that. My bad. I'll try to dumb it down further for you, next time.

And btw what competency did Earlene Roberts have?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:31:58 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2021, 12:33:33 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2021, 03:14:01 AM »

You missed the relevance to Bill Chapman and his views on early statements entirely. He didn’t take the bait, not surprising. I thought you had seen his comments previously.

I don’t know what Bill views are on witness statements. I suspect that his views are probably pretty reasonable. I have not read through all his posts on all the threads nor all his posts on this thread.

My views on witnesses:
•   Witnesses are unreliable.
•   Even honest, intelligent, witnesses are unreliable.
•   Witnesses who don’t remember important details right away, but later on “remember” these details, are extra unreliable.
•   Witnesses who belated come up with a “memory”, which matches events known to occur after the event they think they are remembering, are extra, extra unreliable.
Like not remember a police car parked outside while Oswald was there, then seeing many police cars parked outside during the next week, then belatedly remembering a police car parked outside while Oswald was there.
A classic example of an unreliable memory, which may be true, but likely is not.

As for plans to get away......$13 is a weird amount. Not enough for escape but more than enough if nothing happened. He could even have gone back to Irving with Frazier if needed.

$13 is no good for getting away to Mexico. But a perfectly good amount if Oswald has to call off the assassination because:
•   JFK or Jackie come down with a minor illness.
•   It rains, and the bubble top is put on and Oswald mistakenly thinks it is bulletproof.
•   Friends of his co-workers show up on the sixth floor to watch the motorcade from a good position and Oswald has to keep the rifle hidden.
•   His rifle jams and he can’t get off any shots.
•   Or some other unforeseen event.

If the unexpected happens, he can still keep the rifle hidden and pay for his room and buy some food until his next paycheck. A perfectly reasonable amount to keep, if he does not expect to escape capture if he fires any shots.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 03:20:24 AM »

Interesting coincidence. I see adds on this thread that say:

3 Foods That Fight Memory Loss
Eat these foods daily and watch what happens
Boston Brain Science

Actually, I tried these 3 foods but they didn’t work for me. I kept forgetting what 3 foods I was supposed to eat each day.

In any case, I don’t think Earlene Roberts needs these 3 foods. She probably needed the 3 foods that prevent Memory Additions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 03:20:24 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2021, 03:29:11 AM »

Not even close to being accurate;

Bill Chapman claimed Earlene Roberts said that he [Oswald] was "back there long enough to grab a jacket".

She never said those words.

In fact she actually said "maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes" and was guessing that it was "just long enough" "to "get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it."

For somebody who demands accuracy from others, Bill Chapman should be more accurate himself.

Bill Chapman paraphrased what Earlene Roberts said. He never claimed he was quoting her exactly. But his paraphrasing is totally accurate. Earlene Roberts remembered Oswald was in his room long enough to get and put on a jacket.

How else can one interpret her statement?

That she was saying he was not in there long enough to put on a jacket?

If all this is not "Straining at Gnats" then I don’t know what is.

P. S.

Excuse me. I previous said “Bill Brown”. I meant to say “Bill Chapman”.

I don’t know why I do that. I have often cross connect the wrong name. On occasion I have found myself talking about “Mel Brooks” but saying “Mel Gibson”. Like those two are so easy to confuse. 😊 In any case, my apologies to Bill Chapman.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04:06:44 AM by Joe Elliott »