Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 49785 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »
Advertisement
You disagree? Not sure what your point is.

Look up 'runt'

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2021, 04:27:23 PM »
You missed the relevance to Bill Chapman and his views on early statements entirely. He didn’t take the bait, not surprising. I thought you had seen his comments previously.

As for plans to get away......$13 is a weird amount. Not enough for escape but more than enough if nothing happened. He could even have gone back to Irving with Frazier if needed.

I also missed any relevance to myself. Or bait. Or surprise.

Far out, dude.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2021, 08:05:34 PM »
Right. People tear bills in half all the time.

If you can't tie the bills to Oswald or even the assassination, then you can't use them as evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2021, 08:05:34 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2021, 08:17:01 PM »
If you can't tie the bills to Oswald or even the assassination, then you can't use them as evidence.
Here's a list of the possessions taken from Oswald after his arrest. Nothing about any torn bills.

There is another claim that the torn bills were found in his room at the rooming house. But I've never seen that documented anywhere. Doesn't mean, of course, there weren't any just that I've never seen it sourced.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:20:13 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2021, 08:29:47 PM »
Here's a list of the possessions taken from Oswald after his arrest. Nothing about any torn bills.

There is another claim that the torn bills were found in his room at the rooming house. But I've never seen that documented anywhere. Doesn't mean, of course, there weren't any just that I've never seen it sourced.

If they went to the trouble of mentioning the box lid, then they would have mentioned the two torn dollar bills. Safe to say they were not on him. They could have been at the rooming house, but that's wild speculation without an eyewitness account or documentation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2021, 08:29:47 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2021, 08:36:20 PM »
Amazingly, some four months ago, Bill Brown decided to jump into a discussion about the Tippit timeline, in his typically patronizing way, to point out that, according to him, I had placed Callaway fifty feet away from where he actually was when he encountered Tippit's killer, running down Patton towards Jefferson.

For the purpose of the timeline it was a meaningless comment as the difference in time would only be a second or so. But, as per usual, Bill Brown was making his point because he always claims that to him accuracy matters.

That would be fair enough, if it wasn't so hypocritical. In the first three minutes of the interview he gave, he made three claims for one of which there is no evidence (Oswald leaving the building through the frontdoor at between 2 and 2,5 minutes after the shots) and two of which are blatant misrepresentations of the known facts.

McWatters never testified that "Oswald got on the bus" and Earlene Roberts never said that Oswald was "back there long enough to grab a jacket".

It seems the same accuracy Bill Brown expects of others does not apply to himself. No wonder he did not reply to my questions.

'It seems the same accuracy Bill Brown expects of others does not apply to himself.'
Pretty sure he was accurate about Oswald being back there long enough to grab a jacket, given Earlene's time frame.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:37:32 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »
If they went to the trouble of mentioning the box lid, then they would have mentioned the two torn dollar bills. Safe to say they were not on him. They could have been at the rooming house, but that's wild speculation without an eyewitness account or documentation.
I agree.

Also, the contents of his wallet - where he presumably would keep these torn bills? - are listed here:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10490#relPageId=220

And here: https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/html/WH_Vol24_0018a.htm

Nothing in either list includes anything about torn bills. Also, the above mentions material taken from the Paine house, things like copies of the pro-Castro bills he was handing out in New Orleans, et cetera.

If there were torn bills they apparently weren't on him when he was arrested.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:49:31 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2021, 08:49:33 PM »
'It seems the same accuracy Bill Brown expects of others does not apply to himself.'
Pretty sure he was accurate about Oswald being back there long enough to grab a jacket, given Earlene's time frame.

As per usual you are clueless. It's not about how long Oswald actually was in his room. Bill Brown claimed Earlene Roberts said that he [Oswald] was "back there long enough to grab a jacket". She never said those words.