Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 50098 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2021, 11:08:17 PM »
Advertisement
Three questions about the first three minutes of the interview.

1. You claim Oswald left the TSBD through the front door within 2 to 2,5 minutes after the shots. Where did you get this information from?

2. You claim "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus". Where exactly can this testimony be found?

3. You claim Earlene Roberts said that Oswald was "back there long enough to grab a jacket". Where did she make this statement?

Amazingly, some four months ago, Bill Brown decided to jump into a discussion about the Tippit timeline, in his typically patronizing way, to point out that, according to him, I had placed Callaway fifty feet away from where he actually was when he encountered Tippit's killer, running down Patton towards Jefferson.

You're also wrong when you claim that Callaway was already up to and near the alley (located at the halfway point in the block) when he encountered the killer.  Callaway went from the porch out to Patton and was a good fifty feet south of the alley when the killer passed. 

For the purpose of the timeline it was a meaningless comment as the difference in time would only be a second or so. But, as per usual, Bill Brown was making his point because he always claims that to him accuracy matters.

That would be fair enough, if it wasn't so hypocritical. In the first three minutes of the interview he gave, he made three claims for one of which there is no evidence (Oswald leaving the building through the frontdoor at between 2 and 2,5 minutes after the shots) and two of which are blatant misrepresentations of the known facts.

McWatters never testified that "Oswald got on the bus" and Earlene Roberts never said that Oswald was "back there long enough to grab a jacket".

It seems the same accuracy Bill Brown expects of others does not apply to himself. No wonder he did not reply to my questions.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:18:06 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2021, 11:08:17 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2021, 12:12:59 AM »
There's a document in the Dallas Police records which mentions two torn halves of dollar bills. This document lists the serial numbers of both bills. However, it says nothing about Oswald and there's really no proof whatsoever that it is assassination related. But, that didn't stop Armstrong from taking it and running with it.

Ok. That pretty much makes the half dollar bill document worthless. It could be from any other number of cases.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2021, 03:07:05 AM »
Chappy recalls Buell describing Lovelady as a 'runt' (in relation to his height).

Yep... fast friends, those two.

You need to read more.....they regularly assisted each other with their cars.....both living at Irving and all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2021, 03:07:05 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 04:16:43 AM »
You need to read more.....they regularly assisted each other with their cars.....both living at Irving and all.

You already said that.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 06:49:32 AM »
Chappy recalls Buell describing Lovelady as a 'runt' (in relation to his height).

Yep... fast friends, those two.

You disagree? Not sure what your point is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 06:49:32 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2021, 09:23:54 AM »

So, only initial statements are of value. I’m sure Chappy will provide his thoughts on that notion.

The initial statements are always the best, but should still be seen as suspect, even in the best of circumstances. This is not the best of circumstances, and not just because it was a delayed memory.

It wouldn’t be so bad if Mrs. Earlene Roberts never had any police cars park outside the house she worked in, where Oswald lived. If that was so, even a delayed memory recall of a police car parked outside the house would be of interest. How could she confuse a memory of a police car parked outside the house on November 22 with a memory from a different date, if there should have never been any police cars parked outside on any day? But that is not the case. There were police cars parked outside the house, on that day, after Oswald was arrested and in the following days. So, it Is quite possible a sudden memory of a police car parked outside around 1:00 pm on Friday was really a memory from a different time, or even from a different day.

A parallel example would be, what if Henry Fonda lived in the area? And he was really keen to investigated himself, as an amateur investigator. So later that day and on other days, he stopped by, sometimes checking out the inside of the house, at other times walking around outside. Then, a week later, Mr. Earlene Roberts, for the first time, claims that Henry Fonda was waiting outside when Oswald stopped by at 1:00 pm. Now, one interpretation would be that Henry Fonda was not acting as a sort of crazy buff but was even more unbelievably part of a conspiracy. But a more reasonable interpretation is that Mrs. Roberts confused one of her memories of Henry Fonda with the events of 1:00 pm on Friday.

As for the clothes.....what a great excuse for a package on Thursday's trip to Irving with Buell. Seems preparation neglected the essentials requiring a risky return to 1026. All that money left at Irving could have been used for a new revolver, jacket and ticket to anywhere by the time Tippit was dead.

But as others have pointed out, Oswald probably never expected to escape Dealey Plaza. He thought people could tell where the shots came form easily. Had he fired from the same level as most witnesses, that would have been the case. But people are not good at telling the directions of an elevated sound. I have noticed that with myself, when people call down to me from a balcony. Where the heck are they?

So, even if successful, there is no need to keep all the money for himself. And maybe he’ll keep a little for himself, in case the motorcade is cancelled or something, so he can buy food and pay his weekly rent until his next paycheck. There is no need for a new revolver because he will be caught within a few minutes of the shooting.

And, yes, he could wash the clothes on Thursday. But he might want to use the time on Thursday evening checking out his rifle, putting it in the bag and hiding it.

I think any plans about buying a bus ticket wouldn’t start to be made until something like ten minutes after the assassination. And that would explain why he didn’t keep enough money to buy a bus ticket, or buy one in advance.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:25:30 AM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »
Ok. That pretty much makes the half dollar bill document worthless. It could be from any other number of cases.
Right. People tear bills in half all the time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2021, 03:24:55 PM »
The initial statements are always the best, but should still be seen as suspect, even in the best of circumstances. This is not the best of circumstances, and not just because it was a delayed memory.

It wouldn’t be so bad if Mrs. Earlene Roberts never had any police cars park outside the house she worked in, where Oswald lived. If that was so, even a delayed memory recall of a police car parked outside the house would be of interest. How could she confuse a memory of a police car parked outside the house on November 22 with a memory from a different date, if there should have never been any police cars parked outside on any day? But that is not the case. There were police cars parked outside the house, on that day, after Oswald was arrested and in the following days. So, it Is quite possible a sudden memory of a police car parked outside around 1:00 pm on Friday was really a memory from a different time, or even from a different day.

A parallel example would be, what if Henry Fonda lived in the area? And he was really keen to investigated himself, as an amateur investigator. So later that day and on other days, he stopped by, sometimes checking out the inside of the house, at other times walking around outside. Then, a week later, Mr. Earlene Roberts, for the first time, claims that Henry Fonda was waiting outside when Oswald stopped by at 1:00 pm. Now, one interpretation would be that Henry Fonda was not acting as a sort of crazy buff but was even more unbelievably part of a conspiracy. But a more reasonable interpretation is that Mrs. Roberts confused one of her memories of Henry Fonda with the events of 1:00 pm on Friday.

But as others have pointed out, Oswald probably never expected to escape Dealey Plaza. He thought people could tell where the shots came form easily. Had he fired from the same level as most witnesses, that would have been the case. But people are not good at telling the directions of an elevated sound. I have noticed that with myself, when people call down to me from a balcony. Where the heck are they?

So, even if successful, there is no need to keep all the money for himself. And maybe he’ll keep a little for himself, in case the motorcade is cancelled or something, so he can buy food and pay his weekly rent until his next paycheck. There is no need for a new revolver because he will be caught within a few minutes of the shooting.

And, yes, he could wash the clothes on Thursday. But he might want to use the time on Thursday evening checking out his rifle, putting it in the bag and hiding it.

I think any plans about buying a bus ticket wouldn’t start to be made until something like ten minutes after the assassination. And that would explain why he didn’t keep enough money to buy a bus ticket, or buy one in advance.

You missed the relevance to Bill Chapman and his views on early statements entirely. He didn’t take the bait, not surprising. I thought you had seen his comments previously.

As for plans to get away......$13 is a weird amount. Not enough for escape but more than enough if nothing happened. He could even have gone back to Irving with Frazier if needed.