Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Et tu, Bonnie?  (Read 56988 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Et tu, Bonnie?
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2021, 01:49:00 AM »
Advertisement
The 6th floor was full of boxes and junk.  Terms like "SN" were not exactly precise or used the same way by every witness.  Recollections are not perfect.  The language used to describe the location of an object is sometimes imprecise.  It's entirely possible the lunch remains were moved around by the investigators and noticed on different boxes at different times.  Witnesses confused questions about the lunch sack with the longer bag).  And when all is said and done, the person who ate the lunch says he heard and saw nothing.  There is no credible reason for him to lie.  It's hard to believe that he would have forever remained silent had he seen someone on the 6th floor.

"There is no credible reason for him to lie."

From his affidavit on the day of the assassination:

"I went back on the 5th floor with a man called Hank and Junior..."

This is a lie. There must be a credible reason for it.

Even when he admits he was up on the 6th floor he constantly tries to underplay how long he was there - 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 20 minutes. The more he is questioned the longer he is up there.
He also tries to distance himself from the SN when he has his lunch, saying he had it between the third and fourth windows. About 30ft away from where he actually had his lunch.
He also states that when he finished his lunch he put the bones in the bag and left it by the two-wheeler truck, as shown in the Studebaker photos. But the officers who saw the SN before Studebaker got there testify to seeing Williams half eaten lunch in/on the SN - not on the floor by the truck.

This is an interesting excerpt from BRW's WC testimony:

Mr. BALL. Now, also, on January 14th, did you remember talking to a couple of agents named Carter and Griffin?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I can't remember their names, but I am sure I did.
Mr. BALL. You talked to a good many of them?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Well, they reported here that you went down to the fifth floor, and you did so by going down on the west elevator.
Mr. WILLIAMS. The east elevator. The reason I was able to determine whether it was the east elevator is because I think when you questioned us the other day, the other fellows--I told you I didn't remember which elevator first. But the other fellows said they had the west elevator. There are only two elevators. If they are sure they had the west elevator up, that only leaves the east elevator.
Mr. BALL. When you got to the fifth floor and left the elevator, at that time were beth elevators on the fifth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Both west and east?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir, as I remember.
Mr. BALL. The other day, when I talked to you in Dallas, on Friday 20 March--
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And at that time were you able did you remember which elevator it was?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Which elevator I had?
Mr. BALL. What you had come down from six to five on.
Mr. WILLIAMS. As I remember, I first said I wasn't sure. After the fellows said they brought the west elevator up, I said I must have the east elevator.

In it he reveals that himself, Norman and Jarman all sat around with Ball getting their story straight.

He had no credible reason to lie.
But he did lie.
So what's the credible reason for that?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:50:28 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2021, 01:49:00 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2021, 03:01:32 AM »
No, you showed that you don't know what sarcasm is

So, you think that quotation marks are only used for actual quotations?

In English writing, quotation marks are placed in pairs around a word or phrase to indicate:

Quotation or direct speech: Carol said "Go ahead" when I asked her if the launcher was ready.

Scare quotes, used to mean "so-called" or to express irony: The "fresh" bread was all dried up.

"superior" Billy
Deflect, squirm and clutch at straws as much as you want: You used the word 'superior' in direct relation to me. Now tell us why you used the word in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:29:38 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »
"superior" Billy
Deflect, squirm and clutch at straws as much as you want: You used the word 'superior' in direct relation to me. Now tell us why you used the word in the first place.

Stop asking me questions. Figure it out.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2021, 01:33:52 PM »
Stop asking me questions. Figure it out.

Run, Marty. Run. You lot are the JAQers around here. If you can't stand the heat..

I've already 'figured it out', buster: Oswald killed Tippit in front of witnesses and Rosetta-stoned Kennedy in the process.
Combine that reality with the fact that Oswald pretty much pointed to himself when he left the two directional fingerprints on the box supporting the gun-rest box.

Oswald would have fried.

Edits begun: APR 22 12:30PM EST
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:55:57 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »
"There is no credible reason for him to lie."

From his affidavit on the day of the assassination:

"I went back on the 5th floor with a man called Hank and Junior..."

This is a lie. There must be a credible reason for it.

Even when he admits he was up on the 6th floor he constantly tries to underplay how long he was there - 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 20 minutes. The more he is questioned the longer he is up there.
He also tries to distance himself from the SN when he has his lunch, saying he had it between the third and fourth windows. About 30ft away from where he actually had his lunch.
He also states that when he finished his lunch he put the bones in the bag and left it by the two-wheeler truck, as shown in the Studebaker photos. But the officers who saw the SN before Studebaker got there testify to seeing Williams half eaten lunch in/on the SN - not on the floor by the truck.

This is an interesting excerpt from BRW's WC testimony:

Mr. BALL. Now, also, on January 14th, did you remember talking to a couple of agents named Carter and Griffin?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I can't remember their names, but I am sure I did.
Mr. BALL. You talked to a good many of them?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Well, they reported here that you went down to the fifth floor, and you did so by going down on the west elevator.
Mr. WILLIAMS. The east elevator. The reason I was able to determine whether it was the east elevator is because I think when you questioned us the other day, the other fellows--I told you I didn't remember which elevator first. But the other fellows said they had the west elevator. There are only two elevators. If they are sure they had the west elevator up, that only leaves the east elevator.
Mr. BALL. When you got to the fifth floor and left the elevator, at that time were beth elevators on the fifth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Both west and east?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir, as I remember.
Mr. BALL. The other day, when I talked to you in Dallas, on Friday 20 March--
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And at that time were you able did you remember which elevator it was?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Which elevator I had?
Mr. BALL. What you had come down from six to five on.
Mr. WILLIAMS. As I remember, I first said I wasn't sure. After the fellows said they brought the west elevator up, I said I must have the east elevator.

In it he reveals that himself, Norman and Jarman all sat around with Ball getting their story straight.

He had no credible reason to lie.
But he did lie.
So what's the credible reason for that?

That is mostly just your subjective interpretation of his motives.  He doesn't remember every mundane detail with scientific precision or answer every such question consistently.  That doesn't mean he is lying or getting his story straight.  It just means he is not particularly precise or consistent when recounting what were mundane events down to the minute at later dates.  These types of details take on greater significance to us with 50+ years of knowledge of the events than to someone who just had lunch that day not realizing his every movement would be subject to scrutiny.  There are numerous instances in this case of folks being wildly off in their estimate of the time that certain events occurred.  Someone once went through a entire list here on the forum of witnesses miscalculating the time that certain events occurred that day including obvious ones such as the time that JFK was assassinated and getting it wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:30 PM »
Run, Marty. Run. You lot are the JAQers around here. If you can't stand the heat..

I've already 'figured it out', buster: Oswald killed Tippit in front of witnesses and Rosetta-stoned Kennedy in the process.
Combine that reality with the fact that Oswald pretty much pointed to himself when he left the two directional fingerprints on the box supporting the gun-rest box.

Oswald would have fried.

Edits begun: APR 22 12:30PM EST

Of course the fact that Oswald was witnessed killing Tippit (and Rosetta-stoning Kennedy in the process) would be 'crap' to those residing on the far shores of the lunatic fringe.

While you lot continue to circle the wagons around your pet theories some 58 years after Oswald shot Tippit in front of witnesses and Rosetta-stoned Kennedy in the process, nonLNs bask in the knowledge of Oswald shooting Tippit in front of witnesses and Rosetta-stoning Kennedy in the process. 

> No point arguing about who killed who (so-to-speak), when said who killed who was witnessed doing just that @Tippit, while Rosetta-stoning Kennedy in the process, Mr Pretend-Lawyer.

You really like the term "Rosetta stone" a lot, don't you?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:32:01 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2021, 08:30:13 PM »
That is mostly just your subjective interpretation of his motives.  He doesn't remember every mundane detail with scientific precision or answer every such question consistently.  That doesn't mean he is lying or getting his story straight.  It just means he is not particularly precise or consistent when recounting what were mundane events down to the minute at later dates.  These types of details take on greater significance to us with 50+ years of knowledge of the events than to someone who just had lunch that day not realizing his every movement would be subject to scrutiny.  There are numerous instances in this case of folks being wildly off in their estimate of the time that certain events occurred.  Someone once went through a entire list here on the forum of witnesses miscalculating the time that certain events occurred that day including obvious ones such as the time that JFK was assassinated and getting it wrong.

"He doesn't remember every mundane detail with scientific precision or answer every such question consistently."

I couldn't agree more. We're all human and fallible to say the least.
My memory isn't that great at the best of times and if I was asked to recall my movements from a few hours ago I have little doubt there would be lost details, incorrect times etc.
But one thing I feel confident about is that I wouldn't remember something that didn't happen. Which is what BRW appears to have done. The mundane detail that seemed to slip from his mind was that he went up to the 6th floor alone, spent the better part of half an hour up there and then went down to meet up with Norman and Jarman on the 5th floor minutes before the motorcade arrived.
Instead, he remembers meeting up with Norman and Jarman on the first floor and going up to the 5th floor with them!

He's not being asked to remember something from 50 years ago. It was earlier that day and his recorded statements don't change with time.
Maybe it is my "subjective interpretation" of events.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2021, 08:30:13 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2021, 01:00:44 AM »

You really like the term "Rosetta stone" a lot, don't you?

'Rosetta-stoned':
Cuts to the quick; fits like a glove.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:47:22 AM by Bill Chapman »