Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Hickey's AR15 in burst mode?  (Read 34119 times)

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: Was Hickey's AR15 in burst mode?
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2024, 08:37:13 AM »
Advertisement
Hi John, I don't have your talent for photo illustration but the arrow here indicates the impact point viewed from the front and rear. There was a theory that what we see from the front view is part of someone behind JFK's shoulder, which seems like a good explanation, but hey presto, that light coloured zone matches the position (and the shape somewhat) of the impact viewed from the rear. What a coincidence.

that is a white glove on the hand of an african american lady.
That is a lady holding a white handbag.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:41:57 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2024, 08:37:13 AM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2024, 08:52:56 AM »
that is a white glove on the hand of an african american lady.

Ah. Is there another photo showing said gloved lady?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2024, 09:33:42 AM »
Hi John, I don't have your talent for photo illustration but the arrow here indicates the impact point viewed from the front and rear. There was a theory that what we see from the front view is part of someone behind JFK's shoulder, which seems like a good explanation, but hey presto, that light coloured zone matches the position (and the shape somewhat) of the impact viewed from the rear. What a coincidence.

1. For a start, I don't think they are even close to be in relative similar positions.
2. Secondly your crack looks to be too big and not the right shape.
3. And thirdly and most importantly, from Altgens' position, the left side of you crack is bordered by the mirror and the bottom of the crack is bordered by the top of Kennedy's shoulder.
4 Which fourthly means that your "crack" is simply a white object behind.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2024, 09:33:42 AM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2024, 09:46:54 AM »
Ah. Is there another photo showing said gloved lady?
Wait, no, the lady is No3 in a line of 8 african american ladies, & she is holding a white handbag (she hasnt got a white glove).
She has her arm throo the straps, so that she can clap.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 09:40:43 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2024, 10:44:47 AM »
1. For a start, I don't think they are even close to be in relative similar positions.
3. And thirdly and most importantly, from Altgens' position, the left side of you crack is bordered by the mirror and the bottom of the crack is bordered by the top of Kennedy's shoulder.

They are very close. Uncannily close. It's a question of viewing perspective - the position/height of each photographer.

2. Secondly your crack looks to be too big and not the right shape.

The shapes aren't too dissimilar! The hard sunlight on the windshield (in the Altgens photo) could have accentuated the light refraction.

Besides that, what is your opinion concerning the chrome trim impact?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:46:02 AM by Jim Hawthorn »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2024, 10:44:47 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2024, 12:12:40 PM »
They are very close. Uncannily close. It's a question of viewing perspective - the position/height of each photographer.

The shapes aren't too dissimilar! The hard sunlight on the windshield (in the Altgens photo) could have accentuated the light refraction.

Yes, it is a question of perspective and from Altgens' position being a little to the right side of the Limo, the white mark is right next to the mirror and from behind, the camera is just right of center and the crack is quite a distance away. It should be easy enough to plot the positions of both cameras using line of sight in relation to the windscreen crack, if you want to prove your hypothesis it isn't enough to say it's "Uncannily close" it's got to be exact or all bets are off. But I still stick to my close up analysis of Altgens 6, the borders of the mirror and Kennedy's jacket are the outline of the white mark.

EDIT It's getting late and I quickly knocked this up, so it's not 100%, but it should get the idea across.

Red line, mirror.
Blue star, position of crack.
Green line, from Parkland camera through the edge of steering wheel through to position of crack.
Purple line, from Altgens position and using the edge of the mirror through to Kennedy's shoulder.
Conclusion, the Green and purple lines passing through the windscreen are not going through the exact same spot!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's a fragment of the bullet that struck Kennedy in the head and the windscreen crack is another bullet fragment, and coincidentally the two larger fragments were recovered in the Limo.

JohnM

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2024, 03:49:32 PM »
Yes, it is a question of perspective and from Altgens' position being a little to the right side of the Limo, the white mark is right next to the mirror and from behind, the camera is just right of center and the crack is quite a distance away. It should be easy enough to plot the positions of both cameras using line of sight in relation to the windscreen crack, if you want to prove your hypothesis it isn't enough to say it's "Uncannily close" it's got to be exact or all bets are off. But I still stick to my close up analysis of Altgens 6, the borders of the mirror and Kennedy's jacket are the outline of the white mark.

EDIT It's getting late and I quickly knocked this up, so it's not 100%, but it should get the idea across.

Great. Thanks.
The diagram is good approximation of the sight lines but if Altgens was standing one pace to the right, the (theoretical) mark would be closer to the mirror.

This is diagram is also pretty convincing:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2024, 03:49:32 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2024, 11:00:21 PM »
Great. Thanks.
The diagram is good approximation of the sight lines but if Altgens was standing one pace to the right, the (theoretical) mark would be closer to the mirror.

This is diagram is also pretty convincing:

Bear in mind that during his WC Testimony, Altgens CHALLENGED his generally accepted physical position on Elm St. His challenge was based on the distance setting he had made to his camera.