Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went inside with the curtain rods  (Read 88875 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Then went inside with the curtain rods
« Reply #656 on: March 09, 2021, 03:15:38 AM »
Advertisement
You don't believe Frazier would want to distance himself from the assassination of the President but would want to be implicated in that crime?  Do tell.

Oh, no, no.... Mr "Smith"....  Here's the line that's so utterly ridiculous, that it's real "knee Slapper.....

18 year old, Buell Frazier " should have exercised better awareness based upon Oswald's varying from his normal visit schedule and carrying a long, narrow bag to work ".....   Now THAT'S a real hoot Mr "Smith".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #656 on: March 09, 2021, 03:15:38 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #657 on: March 09, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »
Oh, no, no.... Mr "Smith"....  Here's the line that's so utterly ridiculous, that it's real "knee Slapper.....

18 year old, Buell Frazier " should have exercised better awareness based upon Oswald's varying from his normal visit schedule and carrying a long, narrow bag to work ".....   Now THAT'S a real hoot Mr "Smith".

Yes, nothing to see that morning.  Just a guy carrying a three foot long bag shaped like a rifle on the morning that the President was going to drive by his building in an open car.  After making an unusual trip the night before.  Frazier had grounds to be concerned that public opinion might blame him for not being more vigilant with what was going on that morning.  So his story is just a couple of good ole boys driving along in silence barely noticing each other.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #658 on: March 09, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
Yes, nothing to see that morning.  Just a guy carrying a three foot long bag shaped like a rifle on the morning that the President was going to drive by his building in an open car.  After making an unusual trip the night before.  Frazier had grounds to be concerned that public opinion might blame him for not being more vigilant with what was going on that morning.  So his story is just a couple of good ole boys driving along in silence barely noticing each other.

Just a guy carrying a three foot long bag shaped like a rifle on the morning that the President was going to drive by his building in an open car.

THREE Foot??   ..... Frazier said it was abut TWO feet  give or take a couple of inches.
 "Shaped like a rifle"??    Your imagination is running wild Mr "Smith" ....  Neither Frazier nor his sister Linnie Mae, said that the flimsy light weight paper sack was shaped like a rifle. .

You really should stop making this stuff up Mr Smith, It makes you appear to be even more obtuse.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #658 on: March 09, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #659 on: March 09, 2021, 03:41:35 PM »
Just a guy carrying a three foot long bag shaped like a rifle on the morning that the President was going to drive by his building in an open car.

THREE Foot??   ..... Frazier said it was abut TWO feet  give or take a couple of inches.
 "Shaped like a rifle"??    Your imagination is running wild Mr "Smith" ....  Neither Frazier nor his sister Linnie Mae, said that the flimsy light weight paper sack was shaped like a rifle. .

You really should stop making this stuff up Mr Smith, It makes you appear to be even more obtuse.

What was the bag shaped like?  Oswald said it contained curtain rods.  What are curtain rods shaped like?  So long and narrow.  Just like a rifle.  Even at over two feet as Frazier estimated it is a very strange looking bag to be carrying.  I'm not saying Frazier should have known that the bag contained a rifle, but he had some grounds to be suspicious. 

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »

Monday-morning quarterback syndrome. Easy to say what Buell should have done, after the fact. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Oswald lucked out in being around warehouse workers (especially a none-too-bright Buell Frazier and a mental JackD), not people trained to watch for suspicious activities like someone carrying a long narrow package (in a way so as to minimize its profile, IMO) on the day that Kennedy would be driven around, wide-open to all comers... eventually going from sitting duck to dead duck in short order.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:41:11 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2021, 04:06:38 PM »
Monday-morning quarterback syndrome. Easy to say what Buell should have done, after the fact. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Oswald lucked out being around warehouse workers (especially a lollygagging, none-too-bright Buell Frazier), not people trained to watch for suspicious activities like carrying a long narrow package (in a way so as to minimize its profile, IMO) on the day that Kennedy would be driven around, wide-open to all comers; eventually going from sitting duck to dead duck in short order.

I'm not saying Frazier should have done anything differently.  What I am saying is that after the fact Frazier would have legitimate grounds to be concerned with potential criticism that he should have been suspicious about Oswald's activities.  Thus, his story becomes that he didn't pay much attention to the long bag, didn't discuss the presidential visit with Oswald on the drive to work even though it was the top news story of the day and Frazier was obviously interested given his presence on the street, his estimate of the bag's length might also be influenced by a desire to minimize the possibility that he should have known that it contained a rifle - so it becomes shorter than it actually was.  The point being that Frazier's interests after the fact lie in the direction of minimizing the possibility that he should have known something was up.  Maybe he was dumb as a brick and they didn't discuss the JFK visit etc.  But if they had, I doubt Frazier would be forthcoming about it.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2021, 04:20:36 PM »
I'm not saying Frazier should have done anything differently.  What I am saying is that after the fact Frazier would have legitimate grounds to be concerned with potential criticism that he should have been suspicious about Oswald's activities.  Thus, his story becomes that he didn't pay much attention to the long bag, didn't discuss the presidential visit with Oswald on the drive to work even though it was the top news story of the day and Frazier was obviously interested given his presence on the street, his estimate of the bag's length might also be influenced by a desire to minimize the possibility that he should have known that it contained a rifle - so it becomes shorter than it actually was.  The point being that Frazier's interests after the fact lie in the direction of minimizing the possibility that he should have known something was up.  Maybe he was dumb as a brick and they didn't discuss the JFK visit etc.  But if they had, I doubt Frazier would be forthcoming about it.

So, you're basically just accusing Frazier of obstruction of the investigation by obfuscating the facts as well as outright lying and then continuing to lie for the rest of his life... Got it.

You wouldn't just be speculating to fit the "facts" into your preferred narrative, would you now?

Wait, I just realized who I am talking to.... forget I asked!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2021, 04:20:36 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2021, 04:29:01 PM »

I've been on board with most of that for years.

Maybe he was dumb as a brick
Or a doorknob... or a bag of hammers
Or as thick as a brick... or a plank

But I'm not really into clichés
They're just not my cup of tea
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:00:19 AM by Bill Chapman »