Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went inside with the curtain rods  (Read 90576 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Then went inside with the curtain rods
« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2021, 01:30:55 PM »
Advertisement
Lee Oswald never told Marina he been "looking for an apartment" (past tense). Correct me if I'm wrong: Marina testified (WC) that Lee said he would get an apartment the next week (future tense) and buy her a washing machine. It was a promise (an intention). 

Another pathetic argument. First of all you have no idea what Lee told Marina. Just because something wasn't recalled in her testimony, doesn't automatically mean that it wasn't said. It's a mere minor detail that is easily to forget. Secondly, when you tell somebody that you will get an apartment next week, doesn't that imply that you have been (and maybe still are) looking for an apartment? Of course it does. The possibility of finding a rental apartment on the same day that you decide to look for one is extremely remote!

Additionally: Wouldn't Lee Oswald secure the apartment (sign a contract) first before obtaining curtain rods for it?

Possibly. But maybe he had already found an apartment that would become available a couple of days later. But I don't really believe for a second that the apartment thing had anything to do with him bringing curtain rods (if that's what he brought) for the simply reason that if the curtain rods were indeed for his own use, they would have been found at the TSBD. Speculation is fun but it doesn't get you very far.

Again I say with all undue respect: You are engaging in unjustified S  P  E C U L A T I O N .

Again:  So are you!

The difference between us is that when I speculate, I freely admit it. You, on the other hand, speculate and somehow feel it's evidence when it is clearly not!

This is a discussion platform, not your personal court-of-law. If it was a court of law, you and your tag team attack-dog buddy JudgeJohnny would have your ridiculously high standard-of-proof cop-outs reigned-in right quick.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:00:44 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2021, 01:30:55 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2021, 03:23:08 PM »

In your seemingly permanently tipsy state, you have once again gotten my intent wrong. No need to try misleading anybody. In fact, the names referred to actually pop more if anything. And that was my intent.

And I studied French in school since in Canada, French is our second language.

And I studied French in school since in Canada, French is our second language.

Really? Pfffff ........ you really think you need to point out that Canada is bilingual?

In your seemingly permanently tipsy state, you have once again gotten my intent wrong. No need to try misleading anybody. In fact, the names referred to actually pop more if anything. And that was my intent.

Not sure what you are rambling on about, but your intent to write a message to Ross in French on an English forum (about me as a so-called "Oswald lover" who is spending too much time with my only friends, being alcoholic drinks) was clearly so that I would not understand the insult.

Too bad for you that I learned French in France a long time ago!

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2021, 03:26:11 PM »
This is a discussion platform, not your personal court-of-law. If it was a court of law, you and your tag team attack-dog buddy JudgeJohnny would have your ridiculously high standard-of-proof cop-outs reigned in right quick.

This is a discussion platform,

Says the guy who never ever discusses anything of any substance and tries to disrupt every conversation by others with infantile remarks.

The remainder of your post is just as worthless as just about every other post you write on this board.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2021, 03:26:11 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #379 on: February 08, 2021, 03:51:13 PM »

There's no evidence that Lee Oswald had inspected an apartment for rent and observed there were no curtains in a room. You just implied this to construct a negative reply.

Based on all that we know: Oswald did not need curtains and therefore did not need curtain rods.

In my opinion: The curtain rod story (attributed to Lee Harvey Oswald) is indicative of a pre-crime "consciousness of guilt".

Even if Oswald had been looking at apartments (and there is zero evidence of such) would he really be in a rush to obtain curtain rods?  That is absurd.  The lengths those contrarian nuts will go to defend Oswald is laughable.  Here we are told by Martin that Oswald could have made a special trip to Irving on Thursday to obtain curtain rods for an apartment he wasn't even living in!  When he could have just as easily waited another day to get them per his usual schedule.  I honestly can't believe anyone can spin a yarn like that with a straight face.  Oswald lied about the contents of his bag either to Frazier or the DPD.  Why would he lie to the police unless the contents were incriminatory?  If they had been exculpatory, he would have just said that he brought some curtain rods and directed the police to the bag.  Frazier could have corroborated that story.  Instead we get this outlandish and baseless tale where Oswald is somehow obtaining curtain rods for an apartment he doesn't yet live in and then lying about that to the DPD when it would have helped him to tell the truth.  Absurd. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:03:00 PM by Richard Smith »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #380 on: February 08, 2021, 05:34:40 PM »
Even if Oswald had been looking at apartments (and there is zero evidence of such) would he really be in a rush to obtain curtain rods?  That is absurd.  The lengths those contrarian nuts will go to defend Oswald is laughable.  Here we are told by Martin that Oswald could have made a special trip to Irving on Thursday to obtain curtain rods for an apartment he wasn't even living in!  When he could have just as easily waited another day to get them per his usual schedule.  I honestly can't believe anyone can spin a yarn like that with a straight face.  Oswald lied about the contents of his bag either to Frazier or the DPD.  Why would he lie to the police unless the contents were incriminatory?  If they had been exculpatory, he would have just said that he brought some curtain rods and directed the police to the bag.  Frazier could have corroborated that story.  Instead we get this outlandish and baseless tale where Oswald is somehow obtaining curtain rods for an apartment he doesn't yet live in and then lying about that to the DPD when it would have helped him to tell the truth.  Absurd.

The only absurdity so far has been your explanation of the fact that two curtain rods were submitted 3/15/64 to the Crime Scene Search Section lab for testing for Mr Oswald's prints and were not released until 3/24/64.

Let's remind ourselves of your genius explanation, Mr Smith--------------------

a) Nothing to see here, they just got the submission date wrong on the form!
b) Nothing to see here, they just got the release date wrong on the form too!

:D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #380 on: February 08, 2021, 05:34:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #381 on: February 08, 2021, 06:17:27 PM »

Here we are told by Martin that Oswald could have made a special trip to Irving on Thursday to obtain curtain rods for an apartment he wasn't even living in! 

Here we see a good example of how "Richard" misrepresents what was really said into a strawman.

This is what I actually said;

"But maybe he had already found an apartment that would become available a couple of days later. But I don't really believe for a second that the apartment thing had anything to do with him bringing curtain rods (if that's what he brought) for the simply reason that if the curtain rods were indeed for his own use, they would have been found at the TSBD. Speculation is fun but it doesn't get you very far."

How does it feel to have so much egg on your face?

I honestly can't believe anyone can spin a yarn like that with a straight face.

You shouldn't be using the word "honestly" as the only one spinning a yarn with a straight face is you!

Instead we get this outlandish and baseless tale where Oswald is somehow obtaining curtain rods for an apartment he doesn't yet live in and then lying about that to the DPD when it would have helped him to tell the truth.  Absurd.

What is truly absurd is that you can't argue with what really was said, so you make up your own strawman version so you can make a totally bogus comment.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #382 on: February 08, 2021, 06:32:13 PM »
Here we are told by Martin that Oswald could have made a special trip to Irving on Thursday to obtain curtain rods for an apartment he wasn't even living in! 

Here we see a good example of how "Richard" misrepresents what was really said into a strawman.

This is what I actually said;

How does it feel to have so much egg on your face?

I honestly can't believe anyone can spin a yarn like that with a straight face.

You shouldn't be using the word "honestly" as the only one spinning a yarn with a straight face is you!

Instead we get this outlandish and baseless tale where Oswald is somehow obtaining curtain rods for an apartment he doesn't yet live in and then lying about that to the DPD when it would have helped him to tell the truth.  Absurd.

What is truly absurd is that you can't argue with what really was said, so you make up your own strawman version so you can make a totally bogus comment.

So many words to backpeddle.  You stated:  "But maybe he had already found an apartment that would become available a couple of days later."  If you don't believe that is a possible explanation for his curtain rod story, then why even raise it?  Take it up with yourself if you think that suggestion is idiotic.   You're the one who made it.  In addition, Oswald had no "friend" who asked him to carry curtain rods as you stupidly also indicated might be an explanation.  Those are baseless and idiotic suggestions in a desperate attempt to explain away his long bag and lie to Frazier.  If you have some dim realization of the stupidity of your own suggestions, then congratulations.  You got one thing right.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #382 on: February 08, 2021, 06:32:13 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2021, 06:35:34 PM »
The only absurdity so far has been your explanation of the fact that two curtain rods were submitted 3/15/64 to the Crime Scene Search Section lab for testing for Mr Oswald's prints and were not released until 3/24/64.

Let's remind ourselves of your genius explanation, Mr Smith--------------------

a) Nothing to see here, they just got the submission date wrong on the form!
b) Nothing to see here, they just got the release date wrong on the form too!

:D

Have you contacted the NY Times with this form since it constitutes evidence of a conspiracy to kill the President?  That is what you believe - right?  You are not just some loon exercising a compulsion disorder on the Internet but have uncovered "evidence" of a conspiracy that others have been seeking for over 50 years.  I can't wait to read the front page story.  Any day now.....