Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went inside with the curtain rods  (Read 90844 times)

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Then went inside with the curtain rods
« Reply #368 on: February 08, 2021, 03:20:30 AM »
Advertisement
The fact that Oswald was staying at a roominghouse does not preclude him bringing curtain roads on Friday morning. He asked Marina to move back in with him, which obviously couldn't have happened at the roominghouse. So, for all we know, he may well have been looking for an appartment prior to his trip to Irving and brought the curtain rods for that.

Lee Oswald never told Marina he been "looking for an apartment" (past tense). Correct me if I'm wrong: Marina testified (WC) that Lee said he would get an apartment the next week (future tense) and buy her a washing machine. It was a promise (an intention).

Additionally: Wouldn't Lee Oswald secure the apartment (sign a contract) first before obtaining curtain rods for it?

Again I say with all undue respect: You are engaging in unjustified S  P  E C U L A T I O N .
How would Oswald know he needed curtain rods - only two - for an apartment that he had not even looked at?

You are correct about him not telling Marina he had looked for an apartment. Here is Marina's testimony about the apartment issue that he raised on that Thursday before the assassination:

Mrs. OSWALD. He was upset over the fact that I would not answer him. He tried to start a conversation with me several times, but I would not answer. And he said that he didn't want me to be angry at him because this upsets him.
On that day, he suggested that we rent an apartment in Dallas. He said that
he was tired of living alone and perhaps the reason for my being so angry was the fact that we were not living together. That if I want to he would rent an apartment in Dallas tomorrow--that he didn't want me to remain with Ruth any longer, but wanted me to live with him in Dallas.
He repeated this not once but several times, but I refused. And he said that once again I was preferring my friends to him, and that I didn't need him.
Mr. RANKIN. What did you say to that?
Mrs. OSWALD. I said it would be better if I remained with Ruth until the holidays, he would come, and we would all meet together. That this was better because while he was living alone and I stayed with Ruth, we were spending less money. And I told him to buy me a washing machine, because two children it became too difficult to wash by hand.
Mr. RANKIN. What did he say to that?
Mrs. OSWALD. He said he would buy me a washing machine.

Remember that he left nearly all of his money - $170 - the morning of the assassination with Marina. He had less than $20 with him when arrested (I can't recall the exact total).

Marina's relevant testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/oswald_m1.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #368 on: February 08, 2021, 03:20:30 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2021, 03:24:10 AM »
You're being excessively vague, Mr Lidell.

Why exactly would 'the Dallas cops' (actually an SS agent) want to test two curtain rods for Mr Oswald's prints 3/15/64? What would be the point of such a test?

I must stop multi-tasking. Neither can be given 100% concentration.

Correction: The Secret Service was being excessively thorough.

In other words: Trying to rule out Oswald's curtain rods story being true. What else?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2021, 03:39:01 AM »

I hear you!  Thumb1:

In other words: Trying to rule out Oswald's curtain rods story being true. What else?

OK, but curtain rods found in the Paine garage would already be ruled out as being curtain rods brought to work by Mr Oswald. So whether or not those rods might happen to have his fingerprints would be completely immaterial. Right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2021, 03:39:01 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2021, 04:51:36 AM »

Exactly. Think of the uproar that would ensue if the FBI hadn't looked for Oswald curtain-rod fingerprints. Done to keep someone from asking later on 'why didn't you do it?
'
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:01:49 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2021, 04:52:54 AM »
I hear you!  Thumb1:

OK, but curtain rods found in the Paine garage would already be ruled out as being curtain rods brought to work by Mr Oswald. So whether or not those rods might happen to have his fingerprints would be completely immaterial. Right?

It does seem unnecessary to have tested "the rods" for fingerprints.

Oswald thought he was carrying the curtain roads in his 11.22.63 package. He had inadvertently put the Carcano rifle in the package instead. That would explain why the curtain rods were at the Paine's not at the TSBD. When Oswald realised the package was too heavy to be the curtain roads, he opened it (at the TSBD) and found the rifle. Result: "I guess I'll shoot the President when he drives by".

Help me, I'm "trollifying"!!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:53:56 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2021, 04:52:54 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2021, 12:08:23 PM »
"Coņo"

That's not French
And I doubt that you've been anywhere near one

That's not French

So you figured that out, did you? Good for you...

When you start communicating in a language you (mistakenly) believe I do not understand, I can do the same!

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »
The fact that Oswald was staying at a roominghouse does not preclude him bringing curtain roads on Friday morning. He asked Marina to move back in with him, which obviously couldn't have happened at the roominghouse. So, for all we know, he may well have been looking for an appartment prior to his trip to Irving and brought the curtain rods for that.

Lee Oswald never told Marina he been "looking for an apartment" (past tense). Correct me if I'm wrong: Marina testified (WC) that Lee said he would get an apartment the next week (future tense) and buy her a washing machine. It was a promise (an intention).

Additionally: Wouldn't Lee Oswald secure the apartment (sign a contract) first before obtaining curtain rods for it?

Again I say with all undue respect: You are engaging in unjustified S  P  E C U L A T I O N .

Another pathetic argument. First of all you have no idea what Lee told Marina. Just because something wasn't recalled in her testimony, doesn't automatically mean that it wasn't said. It's a mere minor detail that is easy to forget. Secondly, when you tell somebody that you will get an apartment next week, doesn't that imply that you have been (and maybe still are) looking for an apartment? Of course it does. The possibility of finding a rental apartment on the same day that you decide to look for one is extremely remote!

Possibly. But maybe he had already found an apartment that would become available a couple of days later. But I don't really believe for a second that the apartment thing had anything to do with him bringing curtain rods (if that's what he brought) for the simply reason that if the curtain rods were indeed for his own use, they would have been found at the TSBD. Speculation is fun but it doesn't get you very far.

Again:  So are you!

The difference between us is that when I speculate, I freely admit it. You, on the other hand, speculate and somehow feel it's evidence when it is clearly not!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 03:12:33 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #375 on: February 08, 2021, 01:13:40 PM »
That's not French

So you figured that out, did you? Good for you...

When you start communicating in a language you (mistakenly) believe I do not understand, I can do the same!

In your seemingly permanently tipsy state, you have once again gotten my intent wrong. No need to try misleading anybody. In fact, the names referred to actually pop more if anything. And that was my intent.

And I studied French in school since in Canada, French is our second language.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:19:57 PM by Bill Chapman »