Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went inside with the curtain rods  (Read 88920 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Then went inside with the curtain rods
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2021, 01:17:14 AM »
Advertisement
O S W A L D  -  L O V E R   :D

H A T E R O F T R U T H A N D F A C T S   Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2021, 01:17:14 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #361 on: February 08, 2021, 01:36:48 AM »
Actually my "best friend" is Soberano, although I do appreciate a good Tom Collins from time to time.

Did you think I did not understand French, Coņo ?

"Coņo"

That's not French
And I doubt that you've been anywhere near one
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:44:01 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #362 on: February 08, 2021, 01:40:32 AM »
H A T E R O F T R U T H A N D F A C T S   Thumb1:

N E I T H E R   O  F   W H I C H   Y O U   L O T   P O S S E S S   :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:02:02 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #362 on: February 08, 2021, 01:40:32 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2021, 02:46:50 AM »
What's not speculative is that two curtain rods were submitted to DPD Crime Scene Search Section lab on 3/15/64 to be tested for Mr Oswald's fingerprints.

If I were to speculate that you, Mr Lidell, can't explain the above documented fact, how would you prove my speculation wrong?

Thumb1:

Unless the curtain rods could be proved to have been in the paper bag that Lee Oswald carried on the morning of 22 November 1963, the "documented fact" is immaterial.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2021, 02:54:40 AM »

Unless the curtain rods could be proved to have been in the paper bag that Lee Oswald carried on the morning of 22 November 1963, the "documented fact" is immaterial.

Sorry, Mr Lidell, unless you can offer a good reason why two curtain rods would be submitted 3/15/64 for testing for Mr Oswald's prints, you don't get to declare this documented fact immaterial.

So-------what you got?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2021, 02:54:40 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2021, 03:05:32 AM »
Your speculation is serious, or is it?

Do you really need to ask?

There is such a thing as "justified" speculation. Things we don't know but can guess based on known or likely prior events.

There is also something like biased speculation.

There's no evidence that Lee Oswald had inspected an apartment for rent and observed there were no curtains in a room. You just implied this to construct a negative reply.

The only reason why there is no evidence that Oswald looked for an apartment is because the WC narrative determined what we were supposed to know. Yet, from Marina's testimony we do know that he wanted to live with her again, which is something he could not have done at Beckley. In other words, if what Marina said is true, it follows that he must have been looking for a place.

Based on all that we know: Oswald did not need curtains and therefore did not need curtain rods.

Too bad that all we know is what the WC wanted us to know. The WC is to blame for fact that it was never investigated. My reply basically showed that there could have been an innocent explanation for the curtain rods, if that was in fact what Oswald brought to the TSBD.

In my opinion: The curtain rod story is indicative of a pre-crime "consciousness of guilt".

Sure it is, and let me guess... in no way are you biased, right?

The fact that Oswald was staying at a roominghouse does not preclude him bringing curtain roads on Friday morning. He asked Marina to move back in with him, which obviously couldn't have happened at the roominghouse. So, for all we know, he may well have been looking for an appartment prior to his trip to Irving and brought the curtain rods for that.

Lee Oswald never told Marina he been "looking for an apartment" (past tense). Correct me if I'm wrong: Marina testified (WC) that Lee said he would get an apartment the next week (future tense) and buy her a washing machine. It was a promise (an intention).

Additionally: Wouldn't Lee Oswald secure the apartment (sign a contract) first before obtaining curtain rods for it?

Again I say with all undue respect: You are engaging in unjustified S  P  E C U L A T I O N .

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2021, 03:06:57 AM »
Sorry, Mr Lidell, unless you can offer a good reason why two curtain rods would be submitted 3/15/64 for testing for Mr Oswald's prints, you don't get to declare this documented fact immaterial.

So-------what you got?

The Dallas cops were being excessively thorough.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2021, 03:06:57 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #367 on: February 08, 2021, 03:12:25 AM »
The Dallas cops were being excessively thorough.

You're being excessively vague, Mr Lidell.

Why exactly would 'the Dallas cops' (actually an SS agent) want to test two curtain rods for Mr Oswald's prints 3/15/64? What would be the point of such a test?