Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Touring the Tippit Scene  (Read 38474 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Touring the Tippit Scene
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2021, 09:40:30 PM »
Advertisement
The chief/main author of the Warren Commission Report was Norman Redlich. Redlich wrote the first six chapters including the description of the shooting. He was also one of the key figures in the single bullet theory; several of the staffers came up with the theory simultaneously. Without Redlich's tireless work - he would spend 18+ hours on the job - the report probably wouldn't haven been produced. He was essential to its creation.

Redlich, pictured below, was a strong liberal/leftist and a fierce critic of Joe McCarthy. He represented several people called before McCarthy's hearings and he denounced McCarthy for the demagogue that he was. Redlich was against the execution of the Rosenbergs (he was a life long opponent of the death penalty). He and Hoover disliked one another. He was the Dean of the NYU law school and lifetime supporter of the rights of the accused. He had a very distinguished career.

Here is Redlich on the assassination: "I think there are simply a great many people who cannot accept what I believe to be the simple truth, that one rather insignificant person was able to assassinate the president of the United States." Yes, that's sadly what happened.

For these conspiracists to claim that he would join up with essentially a right wing coup and coverup what happened is preposterous. If one thinks the WC report was a lie then that's what you have to believe. It's unavoidable.

Here's Redlich's obituary: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/education/11redlich.html

Great post Steve!

Here are a couple of exerpts from the obituary that I found to be of particular interest:

His work for the National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee, which the F.B.I. considered subversive, later led to efforts to remove him from the Warren Commission; Chief Justice Earl Warren, the chairman, refused.

Edward Redlich said his father’s self-effacing style was often tinged with a sense of humor. People would sometimes tell him how brave he was to defend people’s civil liberties in the 1950s, during the time of the blacklist, when a mere hint of Communist sympathy could cost people their jobs.

“Brave?” he would reply. “I was working in the family business.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2021, 09:40:30 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2021, 07:44:57 PM »

Great post Steve!

Here are a couple of exerpts from the obituary that I found to be of particular interest:

His work for the National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee, which the F.B.I. considered subversive, later led to efforts to remove him from the Warren Commission; Chief Justice Earl Warren, the chairman, refused.

Edward Redlich said his father’s self-effacing style was often tinged with a sense of humor. People would sometimes tell him how brave he was to defend people’s civil liberties in the 1950s, during the time of the blacklist, when a mere hint of Communist sympathy could cost people their jobs.

He and Hoover disliked one another.

There's no doubt Hoover would have had a bleckmail file on Redlich ......And that may be the reason that Redlich cooperated with Hoover and LBJ in writing a portion of the WR.  However Redlich probably also knew that the truth about the coup d e'tat had the potential to tear the country apart....and therefore helped in pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignorant and trusting public.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2021, 07:51:58 PM »
He and Hoover disliked one another.

There's no doubt Hoover would have had a bleckmail file on Redlich ......And that may be the reason that Redlich cooperated with Hoover and LBJ in writing a portion of the WR.  However Redlich probably also knew that the truth about the coup d e'tat had the potential to tear the country apart....and therefore helped in pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignorant and trusting public.

Nothing but conjecture and innuendo, the typical CT M.O.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2021, 07:51:58 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2021, 09:41:49 PM »

Great post Steve!

Redlich is seldom mentioned by the conspiracy believers - those who think the WC was a coverup - because it makes no sense that someone with his strong civil libertarian/liberal beliefs would coverup for essentially a rightwing coup of the country. For crissakes, the man took on Joe McCarthy. He's not going to go along with something like a military overthrow of the government.

Hoover wanted him off the Warren Commission because he, Redlich, has worked with leftwing groups in the 1950s and 60s, particularly (as you cited from the obituary) the "National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee. In fact, the FBI had a thick file on Redlich that accused him of being associated with "subversives." The FBI viewed the committee as a "communist-front" organization.

Gerald Ford was informed of Redlich's ties to these leftists groups and raised the question of whether it was appropriate to have him on the Commission. Warren defended Redlich and the commission agreed to let him continue his role.

Redlich was in charge of a sort of "clearinghouse" for all of the information that the WC received. It all went through him; he read it all, kept up on it all. He was working 18+ hours a day, even on weekends, and was probably THE most important member of the staff. As I said above, he wrote the first six chapters of the Report, the one detailing the actual assassination.

So again: if someone believes the Warren Commission Report was a lie, a fraud, a coverup of the assassination then it's impossible to believe that Redlich wasn't the key person in pulling off this act. He was in the very center of the investigation. All of it ran through him.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2021, 10:05:18 PM »
Redlich is seldom mentioned by the conspiracy believers - those who think the WC was a coverup - because it makes no sense that someone with his strong civil libertarian/liberal beliefs would coverup for essentially a rightwing coup of the country. For crissakes, the man took on Joe McCarthy. He's not going to go along with something like a military overthrow of the government.

Hoover wanted him off the Warren Commission because he, Redlich, has worked with leftwing groups in the 1950s and 60s, particularly (as you cited from the obituary) the "National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee. In fact, the FBI had a thick file on Redlich that accused him of being associated with "subversives." The FBI viewed the committee as a "communist-front" organization.

Gerald Ford was informed of Redlich's ties to these leftists groups and raised the question of whether it was appropriate to have him on the Commission. Warren defended Redlich and the commission agreed to let him continue his role.

Redlich was in charge of a sort of "clearinghouse" for all of the information that the WC received. It all went through him; he read it all, kept up on it all. He was working 18+ hours a day, even on weekends, and was probably THE most important member of the staff. As I said above, he wrote the first six chapters of the Report, the one detailing the actual assassination.

So again: if someone believes the Warren Commission Report was a lie, a fraud, a coverup of the assassination then it's impossible to believe that Redlich wasn't the key person in pulling off this act. He was in the very center of the investigation. All of it ran through him.

For crissakes, the man took on Joe McCarthy.

McCarthyism was a big deal back then, and I have wondered how much it influenced LHO. LHO appeared to have a propensity for doing some of the most outrageous things. Rebelliousness is common for young people. As a teenager, LHO openly embracing Marxism (or whatever one wants to call it) was one of the most outrageous statements of rebellion that he could make. He one-upped that every chance he got. Defecting to Russia, handing out pro-Castro pamphlets, making speeches and debating. It all seems to be for getting someone to pay attention to him. So it seems that when the JFK motorcade route showed up in the paper, and LHO realized he had an opportunity to shoot at JFK, it is not very surprising that he made hasty arrangements to do just that...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2021, 10:05:18 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »

For crissakes, the man took on Joe McCarthy.

McCarthyism was a big deal back then, and I have wondered how much it influenced LHO. LHO appeared to have a propensity for doing some of the most outrageous things. Rebelliousness is common for young people. As a teenager, LHO openly embracing Marxism (or whatever one wants to call it) was one of the most outrageous statements of rebellion that he could make. He one-upped that every chance he got. Defecting to Russia, handing out pro-Castro pamphlets, making speeches and debating. It all seems to be for getting someone to pay attention to him. So it seems that when the JFK motorcade route showed up in the paper, and LHO realized he had an opportunity to shoot at JFK, it is not very surprising that he made hasty arrangements to do just that...

it makes no sense that someone with his strong civil libertarian/liberal beliefs would coverup for essentially a rightwing coup of the country.

It makes sense if you're smart enough to know that Hoover hated him, and anybody Hoover hated had a file in Hoover's private
files...... Just as Hoover had files on Martin Luther King and The Kennedy's .

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2021, 12:28:58 AM »

Nothing but conjecture and innuendo, the typical CT M.O.

Nothing but conjecture and innuendo

Coming from you, that's rich

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2021, 12:28:58 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2021, 11:36:30 PM »
it makes no sense that someone with his strong civil libertarian/liberal beliefs would coverup for essentially a rightwing coup of the country.

It makes sense if you're smart enough to know that Hoover hated him, and anybody Hoover hated had a file in Hoover's private
files...... Just as Hoover had files on Martin Luther King and The Kennedy's .

Whew.  If Hoover had the goods on JFK, wouldn't it be a lot easier to force him to resign than stage an elaborate and risky conspiracy to assassinate the President of the United States?  What an interesting fantasy world you must live in to contemplate this type of fantasy.  And, of course, if anyone truly believed the FBI was behind the murder of the President, they might be reluctant to say so on a public forum for fear of the FBI death squad.  So Walt doesn't really believe his own nonsense.