Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Touring the Tippit Scene  (Read 39146 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Touring the Tippit Scene
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
Advertisement

Here's a little walking tour I gave back in March of 2020.  We discuss the Tippit shooting, the witnesses and some of the evidence.  We begin close to the location where Tippit's patrol car stopped, go all the way down Patton to Jefferson and we end up in the alley behind the former Ballew's Texaco (where the jacket was found).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXGRYpA7I1Y&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1sOmtEl5c9sDEEDUvZlWSGd7JTcqAcXiyxY0ByuFRZ3jHDRXAuYpPBJNE

Interesting tour. Well done Bill.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2020, 01:21:48 AM »
In my opinion, no amount of evidence will ever convince you of anything whatsoever.

That's what people with no good evidence always say.

With that said, here is  your chance to say that that isn’t evidence of anything at all:

The article just says that it was the first theater with air conditioning but doesn't say when that was installed. I'm willing to take your word for the cooling tower, but can you point it out in the photo?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2020, 01:24:28 AM »
Mr. BALL. How is this room furnished that Oswald rented?
Mrs. JOHNSON. A very small room; it had an old fashioned clothes closet that had a place to hang your clothes and drawer space for your underwear, your socks and everything, and then it also had a cabinet space anyone could have stored food or, well I mean bundles of things, you know, and then I had a dresser and a bed and a heater and a little refrigerated unit.
Mr. BALL. A refrigerating unit?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; a window unit.
Mr. BALL. You mean it cooled the room?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir;

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2020, 01:24:28 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2020, 01:36:30 AM »
If you can make a “reasoned” hypothetical argument for both a proposition AND its negation, then neither proposition is more “likely” than the other.

No, it depends on the relative strength of the reasons.

This is like pulling teeth.  There is no "relative strength" of purely hypothetical arguments.

No one said he couldn’t tolerate the heat. But I can tell you from experience, from when I was a 19-year old in the military and in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area, any relief from the oppressive heat there was welcome.

I've lived in Austin for 36 years.

Do you have any evidence that any theaters were closer or more convenient to the places where LHO lived?

Is this supposed to somehow make your speculative argument more likely?

They are completely hypothetical!

Tell us just what you believe is hypothetical about where LHO lived in Oak Cliff.

I personally don't, but it depends on who you want to believe.

Tell us exactly what you believe is hypothetical about the evidence that LHO liked watching movies.

Nothing.  We just don't know how often LHO went to movies in movie theaters.

Tell us precisely what you believe is hypothetical about the evidence that an air-conditioned theater provides a welcome relief from the summer heat.

First of all, you're projecting your dislike of summer heat onto somebody else.  Secondly, lots of things provide relief from summer heat.  This is like claiming that Oswald likely took swims in the Trinity River as a a welcome relief from the summer heat because he took baths at home.

Marina tells of LHO staying inside and wearing only his underpants in an effort to stay cool in New Orleans. That does not sound a bit like someone who adored hot weather to me.

Cite, please.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2020, 01:37:34 AM »
It’s a little like the TV advertisement in which the little girl chooses Charles Barkley to be on her basketball team instead of the little boy.

No, it's actually nothing like that.   ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2020, 01:37:34 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2020, 01:46:29 AM »
This is like pulling teeth.  There is no "relative strength" of purely hypothetical arguments.

I've lived in Austin for 36 years.

I personally don't, but it depends on who you want to believe.

Nothing.  We just don't know how often LHO went to movies in movie theaters.

First of all, you're projecting your dislike of summer heat onto somebody else.  Secondly, lots of things provide relief from summer heat.  This is like claiming that Oswald likely took swims in the Trinity River as a a welcome relief from the summer heat because he took baths at home.

Cite, please.

You yourself said it was more likely than a theater in Fargo ND because of proximity. Your comparison was a wildly exaggerated one. Proximity differences of just a few miles, or even less, are important when you don’t have an automobile.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2020, 01:51:12 AM »
You yourself said it was more likely than a theater in Fargo ND because of proximity. Your comparison was a wildly exaggerated one. Proximity differences of just a few miles, or even less, are important when you don’t have an automobile.

Sure.  Have you established that the Texas Theater was the closest movie theater to his various residences, that his budget allowed him to go to the movies, and that proximity was his primary consideration?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2020, 01:51:12 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2020, 01:55:32 AM »
Sure.  Have you established that the Texas Theater was the closest movie theater to his various residences, that his budget allowed him to go to the movies, and that proximity was his primary consideration?

I am not attempting to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. I am stating valid reasons to believe in the likelihood of LHO visiting the TT before 11/22/63. You can disagree if you so desire. But to state that there is no likelihood because everything is hypothetical is ridiculous.