Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Touring the Tippit Scene  (Read 39146 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Touring the Tippit Scene
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2020, 09:21:03 PM »
Advertisement

The Texas was the first air conditioned theater in Dallas; the original equipment is still in place (long since updated) as of Jun 14, 2012.
Guys....try googling or yahooing first next time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2020, 09:21:03 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2020, 09:23:48 PM »
  Guys....try googling or yahooing first next time.

Google took me to the Wikipedia article (see my above post). Thanks.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2020, 10:37:28 PM »
You’re completely missing the point. If you can make a “reasoned” hypothetical argument for both a proposition AND its negation, then neither proposition is more “likely” than the other.

You can talk yourself into believing anything. That doesn’t make it “likely”.

Neither is tolerating the heat for longer periods.

Do you have any evidence that the Texas Theater had air conditioning?

Oak Cliff is a big place, and there were a lot of movie theaters there. Even if you could somehow argue with more than speculation that Oswald “likely” went to the movies in Oak Cliff in the “summer heat”, that doesn’t make it “likely” that it was at the Texas Theater.

They are completely hypothetical! Are we going to have a dictionary argument now on what “hypothetical” means? For all you know, Oswald adored hot weather. He was from New Orleans.

If you can make a “reasoned” hypothetical argument for both a proposition AND its negation, then neither proposition is more “likely” than the other.

No, it depends on the relative strength of the reasons.

Neither is tolerating the heat for longer periods.

No one said he couldn’t tolerate the heat. But I can tell you from experience, from when I was a 19-year old in the military and in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area, any relief from the oppressive heat there was welcome.

Oak Cliff is a big place, and there were a lot of movie theaters there.

Do you have any evidence that any theaters were closer or more convenient to the places where LHO lived?

They are completely hypothetical!

Tell us just what you believe is hypothetical about where LHO lived in Oak Cliff.

Tell us exactly what you believe is hypothetical about the evidence that LHO liked watching movies.

Tell us precisely what you believe is hypothetical about the evidence that an air-conditioned theater provides a welcome relief from the summer heat.

For all you know, Oswald adored hot weather. He was from New Orleans.

Marina tells of LHO staying inside and wearing only his underpants in an effort to stay cool in New Orleans. That does not sound a bit like someone who adored hot weather to me. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2020, 10:37:28 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »

If you can make a “reasoned” hypothetical argument for both a proposition AND its negation, then neither proposition is more “likely” than the other.

No, it depends on the relative strength of the reasons.

Hilarious... and who will decide what the "relative strength of the reasons" is? Let me guess, could it possibly be you?

You're all over the place with nothing but speculation based on things you think you know about Oswald, but without a shred of evidence that Oswald knew the Texas Theater. It's pathetic!

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2020, 10:50:37 PM »
Google took me to the Wikipedia article (see my above post). Thanks.
Noted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2020, 10:50:37 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2020, 10:55:56 PM »
Hilarious... and who will decide what the "relative strength of the reasons" is? Let me guess, could it possibly be you?

You're all over the place with nothing but speculation based on things you think you know about Oswald, but without a shred of evidence that Oswald knew the Texas Theater. It's pathetic!

It’s a little like the TV advertisement in which the little girl chooses Charles Barkley to be on her basketball team instead of the little boy. Some reasons are obviously better than others. (Although I believe that you wouldn’t get it; and would probably try to argue that it wouldn’t make any difference which one the little girl chose.).  ::)

And again the evidence is for the likelihood that LHO knew the TT.

Offline Jerry Freeman

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2020, 11:13:14 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »
It’s a little like the TV advertisement in which the little girl chooses Charles Barkley to be on her basketball team instead of the little boy. Some reasons are obviously better than others. (Although I believe that you wouldn’t get it; and would probably try to argue that it wouldn’t make any difference which one the little girl chose.).  ::)

And again the evidence is for the likelihood that LHO knew the TT.

No. There is no evidence that Oswald knew the Texas Theater. It's just you making up your own little fairytale.

There is however conclusive evidence that you are totally clueless about a great many things and there is nothing "likely" or "arbitrary" about that. Instead it's just a fact.