Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 91065 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #816 on: December 26, 2020, 06:17:38 AM »
Advertisement
Actually, no I can't post this because I don't know how. But I'm sure somebody else can post the document. I've seen it being posted before.

Edit: I found a copy on line for you.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338568/m1/7/

As I thought (which is why I asked you to post it), you were incorrect when you said that the document says Tippit was pronounced DOA at 1:15.

The document states that Tippit was pronounced DOA.

The document also states that the time of death was 1:15.

Nothing about him being pronounced DOA at 1:15.

This matters.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #816 on: December 26, 2020, 06:17:38 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #817 on: December 26, 2020, 06:19:11 AM »
Thanks, I wasn’t having any luck searching online. So, it doesn’t appear to be a defect in my searching. Did Dale happen to explain or expound on any of the details of his methods to you?

Hi Charles.  It was information overload (in a good way) during the two days I spent up there with Dale Myers (as well as with Todd Vaughan).

I'm sure I can answer your question if you can be more specific.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:20:22 AM by Bill Brown »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #818 on: December 26, 2020, 07:08:07 AM »

You really should refrain from telling me that I need to read Callaway's testimony a little more closely.  You're wrong.

I said "Before making his way up to the patrol car, Callaway first watched Oswald make his trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson."  This is exactly what Callaway says in his testimony (among other places).  To say that Callaway began making his way up to Tenth without first having watched the killer go all the way to Jefferson (even watched The killer turn west onto Jefferson) is a mistake.

You're also wrong when you claim that Callaway was already up to and near the alley (located at the halfway point in the block) when he encountered the killer.  Callaway went from the porch out to Patton and was a good fifty feet south of the alley when the killer passed.  The very photo you linked to (CE-539), which you claim shows Callaway near the alley, clearly shows Callaway standing well south of the alley.  In the image, do you see the brick building across the street and up the street somewhat?  That is exactly where the alley is, which is the halfway point down the block.  You need to orient yourself on this better than you have.

You really should refrain from telling me that I need to read Callaway's testimony a little more closely.  You're wrong.

You really actually believe that you are right all the time, don't you?

I said "Before making his way up to the patrol car, Callaway first watched Oswald make his trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson."  This is exactly what Callaway says in his testimony (among other places). To say that Callaway began making his way up to Tenth without first having watched the killer go all the way to Jefferson (even watched The killer turn west onto Jefferson) is a mistake.

No. That's not what Callaway said in his testimony. He did not say that he watched the man running to Jefferson before making his way to 10th street. Callaway's view of the man was unobstructed all the way down Patton. In his testimony, he said that the last time he saw the man he was on Jefferson.

Mr. DULLES. May I ask what course he was taking when you last saw him?
Mr. CALLAWAY. He was going west on Jefferson Street.

He does not say he was still in the same location when he saw that.

You're also wrong when you claim that Callaway was already up to and near the alley (located at the halfway point in the block) when he encountered the killer.  Callaway went from the porch out to Patton and was a good fifty feet south of the alley when the killer passed.

The distances we are talking about are minimal. I said "about halfway down" and "near the alley that's halfway between Jefferson and 10th Street". If you want to place him 50 feet closer to Jefferson, feel free to do so. It only takes a couple of seconds to run 50 feet extra. It makes very little difference for the duration of the events.

But even if you are right about this, which I don't think you are (IMO it's just another one of your word games), and Callaway waited - before running to 10th street - until the killer got to Jefferson, we're only talking, at best, about an additional 30 seconds for him to get to the scene.

I estimated he arrived at 10th street between 90 seconds and 2 minutes after the shots, so those additional 30 seconds are still well within the range of my estimated times.

You had Callaway arriving at the scene "a couple of minutes" after the shots, without explaining what that means exactly, and you have not provided any information that shows that conclusion is wrong.

You need to orient yourself on this better than you have.

There you go again... Typical Bill Brown. First telling me to refrain from telling you what to do and then, somewhat hypocritically, proceding to tell me what I should do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #818 on: December 26, 2020, 07:08:07 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #819 on: December 26, 2020, 07:24:03 AM »

You really actually believe that you are right all the time, don't you?

I said "Before making his way up to the patrol car, Callaway first watched Oswald make his trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson."  This is exactly what Callaway says in his testimony (among other places). To say that Callaway began making his way up to Tenth without first having watched the killer go all the way to Jefferson (even watched The killer turn west onto Jefferson) is a mistake.

No. That's not what Callaway said in his testimony. He did not say that he watched the man running to Jefferson before making his way to 10th street. Callaway's view of the man was unobstructed all the way down Patton. In his testimony, he said that the last time he saw the man he was on Jefferson.

Mr. DULLES. May I ask what course he was taking when you last saw him?
Mr. CALLAWAY. He was going west on Jefferson Street.

He does not say he was still in the same location when he saw that.

You're also wrong when you claim that Callaway was already up to and near the alley (located at the halfway point in the block) when he encountered the killer.  Callaway went from the porch out to Patton and was a good fifty feet south of the alley when the killer passed.

The distances we are talking about are minimal. I said "about halfway down" and "near the alley that's halfway between Jefferson and 10th Street". If you want to place him 50 feet closer to Jefferson, feel free to do so. It only takes a couple of seconds to run 50 feet extra. It makes very little difference for the duration of the events.

But even if you are right about this, which I don't think you are (IMO it's just another one of your word games), and Callaway waited - before running to 10th street - until the killer got to Jefferson, we're only talking, at best, about an additional 30 seconds for him to get to the scene.

I estimated he arrived at 10th street between 90 seconds and 2 minutes after the shots, so those additional 30 seconds are still well within the range of my estimated times.

You had Callaway arriving at the scene "a couple of minutes" after the shots, without explaining what that means exactly, and you have not provided any information that shows that conclusion is wrong.

You need to orient yourself on this better than you have.

There you go again... Typical Bill Brown. First telling me to refrain from telling you what to do and then, somewhat hypocritically, proceding to tell me what I should do.

Hey. It is what it is.  When you tell me that I really should read testimony more carefully, while at the same time making error upon error, I am going to defend myself by correcting your errors.

You were wrong.  It's not a big deal. 

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #820 on: December 26, 2020, 07:39:25 AM »
As I thought (which is why I asked you to post it), you were incorrect when you said that the document says Tippit was pronounced DOA at 1:15.

The document states that Tippit was pronounced DOA.

The document also states that the time of death was 1:15.

Nothing about him being pronounced DOA at 1:15.

This matters.

Yeah, I figured that would be coming. Let me guess, next up is the claim that they estimated Tippit's time of death at the scene at 1:15, right?   

All DOA really means - as I am sure you know but will likely never agree to - is that he was already dead when he arrived at the hospital. And there are two independent witness to corroborate that. In their report, DPD officers Davenport and Bardin write that they assisted getting Tippit to the emergency room. They observed the doctors and nurses trying to bring Tippit back to life. And then they say; "At 1:15 pm Dr. Richard Liquori pronounced him dead" .

Davenport confirms this also on the document he signed for the DPD identification bureau when he handed in a bullet taken from Tippit's body and a button from his uniform. On the form he used, it says handwritten "Dr. Paul Moellenhoff removed it 1.30/PM Methodist Emergency. Dr. Richard Liguori pronounced DOA @ 1.15 PM".

Those two documents and the authorisation for autopsy are day 1 documents with persuasive evidentiary value.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 07:56:54 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #820 on: December 26, 2020, 07:39:25 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #821 on: December 26, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »

Hey. It is what it is.  When you tell me that I really should read testimony more carefully, while at the same time making error upon error, I am going to defend myself by correcting your errors.

You were wrong.  It's not a big deal.

Oh boy... Bill Brown tells me I'm wrong. Wow.....   

I wasn't wrong, you've not demonstrated I was wrong and it seems it's a big deal for you to come up with petty stuff to argue about while ignoring the rest and not providing any answers.

Fortunately, the opinion of somebody who feels he knows everything better than others but fails to discuss or explain anything doesn't mean much to me.

I created the time line in the hope that somebody would challenge it honestly and show me where I went wrong (if I did) with factual evidence, but so far all I have gotten are some vague time estimates and opinions. I wonder why....

The most farcical of all is that Bill Brown seems to believe and defend a theory which says that Callaway, who was less than on block (approx 0.1 mile) away from the shooting needed 5 minutes, after the shots, to get to the scene and call the dispatcher. Says it all, really....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 10:26:52 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #822 on: December 26, 2020, 08:06:14 AM »
Again, it makes absolutely no difference whether or not you believe that the choice of the beginning of the open-mike transmission was arbitrary.

And it makes absolutely no difference whether or not you believe that it wasn’t arbitrary.

The accuracy of the time in Bowles' report are dependent upon the accuracy of his methods of deriving the rational assumption of 12:29:10 as the start of that transmission; and his use of the recordings and a stopwatch for deriving the times of the other events. This includes the time checks, which he indicates how far off his derived "real" time that he estimates them to be.

Without any knowledge of how far off the dispatcher clocks were from real time on that day, or how far off the “city hall” clock was from real time, or how precise the dispatchers were in reporting their time checks, then his “derived estimates” are arbitrary too.

Bowles explained his methods and invited others to evaluate them and decide for themselves just how accurate they believe them to be.

And we have.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:16:45 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #822 on: December 26, 2020, 08:06:14 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #823 on: December 26, 2020, 08:09:25 AM »
Benavides watched the gunman disappear around the corner of the Davis house and then sat in his truck "for a second or two" before getting out and going over to Tippit.

Or “for just a few minutes”.