Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 89439 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2020, 05:42:06 PM »
Advertisement
You'll have to point out specific posts, since I see utterly no dishonesty on my part.

He said, rather dishonestly.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2020, 05:42:06 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #697 on: December 20, 2020, 05:46:11 PM »
And it is definitely not arbitrary. You are simply wrong.

I’m not going argue the dictionary with you. Here’s another definition from Merriam-Webster:

“based on or determined by individual preference or convenience rather than by necessity or the intrinsic nature of something”

Rather than wasting time quibbling over word definitions, do you agree that Bowles states that he picked his “zero-base” timestamp for “practical purposes” and that no absolute record of time exists?

Bowles:

“1. No exact record of "time" exists;
2. The several clocks were not synchronized;
3. The radio operators were not exact with regard to "time statements" on either radio;
4. The recordings were continuous only on Channel 1, and only while the mike was stuck open;“

« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 05:51:14 PM by John Iacoletti »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #698 on: December 20, 2020, 05:56:10 PM »
I’m not going argue the dictionary with you. Here’s another definition from Merriam-Webster:

“based on or determined by individual preference or convenience rather than by necessity or the intrinsic nature of something”

Rather than wasting time quibbling over word definitions, do you agree that Bowles states that he picked his “zero-base” timestamp for “practical purposes” and that no absolute record of time exists?

Bowles:

“1. No exact record of "time" exists;
2. The several clocks were not synchronized;
3. The radio operators were not exact with regard to "time statements" on either radio;
4. The recordings were continuous only on Channel 1, and only while the mike was stuck open;“

Where did you get that idea? Bowles clearly states that his zero-base time was arbitrary. He says nothing about when the shots occurred with regard to the accuracy of the clocks, and the shots (at least in his opinion) are not audible on the recording.

There are a lot of things that LN-ers claim “general consensus” on that are not demonstrable.

Bowles clearly states that his zero-base time was arbitrary.

Does he?    ???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #698 on: December 20, 2020, 05:56:10 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2020, 06:15:38 PM »

Bowles clearly states that his zero-base time was arbitrary.

Does he?    ???

Arguing ad nauseam over petty details of a matter that has nothing to do with the Tippit murder radio transcripts, you want to do, but when given an opportunity to debate and verify the validity and probative value of the transcripts, in relation to the Tippit murder, compared to what the witnesses said, you run to mommy.....

So much for only being interested in the truth.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »
Arguing ad nauseam over petty details of a matter that has nothing to do with the Tippit murder radio transcripts, you want to do, but when given an opportunity to debate and verify the validity and probative value of the transcripts, in relation to the Tippit murder, compared to what the witnesses said, you run to mommy.....

So much for only being interested in the truth.

Seeing you beg for someone to discuss this with you, and no one seems to be interested does my heart good. The silence to your begging is well deserved.

And changing the subject when called to back up claims has become the expected response from both of you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #701 on: December 20, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »
Seeing you beg for someone to discuss this with you, and no one seems to be interested does my heart good. The silence to your begging is well deserved.

And changing the subject when called to back up claims has become the expected response from both of you.

Sticks and stones, little man.

The fact that no LNr is interested (which hardly comes as a surprise) only tells me they are afraid to be confronted by facts they don't like and can't dispute. You are the biggest coward of them all.

You implied that you would put your money on Myers if he was to fight your battle for you, but I can tell you right now, it's a good thing you didn't because, with the factual evidence (from the witnesses) I am going to present, his little fairytale is going to be blown out of the water and the credibility of the DPD transcripts with it. But why am I telling you this? You're not interested in the truth, right?

I have no illusions. I'll be doing this little exercise for myself as it is impossible to combat a LN cult member's belief with facts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 07:34:31 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #702 on: December 20, 2020, 08:01:23 PM »
He said, rather dishonestly.

Nervous about something?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:06:07 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #702 on: December 20, 2020, 08:01:23 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann