Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 86868 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #624 on: December 18, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »
Advertisement

Why are you assuming that the clocks in the DPD (city hall) were uncalibrated? Yes, they needed to be corrected from time to time (as most clocks did in that era). Bowles stated that they would correct them whenever they became noticeably off. And that they might possibly be off by as much as two minutes. However, there are several ways that Bowles checked the time stamps against the actual time on 11/22/63. And based on Bowles’ report and other observations, it appears that the time stamps are reasonably accurate given the variables involved. 

Total BS. You are completely misrepresenting what Bowles told the HSCA.

Other reasons that should give us greater confidence in the DPD and cab company times versus the laundromat clock and Bowley’s watch are:

It is of vital importance to the business operations of both the DPD and the cab company to keep reasonably accurate time in order for their employees and others who might be involved in their businesses to be able to synchronize in concert.

More BS.... Bowles was in charge of the DPD dispatchers and he confirmed that the time stamps basically only served the purpose of documenting a sequence of events rather than represent actual time. In fact, he explained in great detail how the time stamps called out by the dispatchers had nothing to do with actual time at all.

And as for the cab company; Whaley testified he marked his trips to the nearest 15 minutes.

Mr. WHALEY. I thought maybe you might need it. You look down there it says Greyhound, 500 North Beckley, I think it is marked 12:30 to 12:45. Now that could have been 10 minutes off in each direction because I didn't use a watch, I just guess, in other words, all my trips are marked about 15 minutes each.

Example: the presidential motorcade required coordinated police activities all along the route. They would want their clocks to be reasonably accurate in order for all participants to be able to be at their assigned places along the route on time. Therefore it would be in their best interest to check the calibration of the clocks shortly before, or on, the day of the motorcade. I don’t know that they actually did or didn’t do that, but there was a good reason to do so.

What kind of an argument is this? You don't know if they did or not, but you are going to throw your own opinion, which isn't worth much, out there anyway. Really?

As far as the motorcade was concerned, police was already deploying along the route well ahead of the arrival of the motorcade. They didn't need any times passed on by the dispatcher. The motorcade itself communicated where they were and how far they were still out from their destination. That's the only thing the officers deployed along the route needed to know.

Similarly, the cab company needs to coordinate their activities with each other and their customers.

Sure, they needed to call the nearest cab if somebody wanted to be picked up from some location. Whenever I go to the airport I always take a cab. They never specify an 100% correct time of arrival for the cab but instead just make sure there is one on time to get me to the airport on time. It's not rocket science!

So, you see, it isn’t that I am “just assuming” this. There are legitimate reasons. Do you have any legitimate reasons to believe that the clocks and watches, that you apparently have ultimate faith in, were better calibrated than the DPD’s and cab company’s?

Like hell, you are "not assuming this". All you are doing is making assumptions. You are not arguing facts or evidence. You are arguing hypotheticals. And your question about clocks and watches being better calibrated that the DPD's and cab company's clock is a bogus one. I have already demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that the time given by Scoggins doesn't even match any of the times on the DPD transcripts, which means that from the two only one can be right, if any of the two is right at all.

I have also demonstrated, time after time again, that the man in charge of the DPD dispatchers himself disputes that the DPD clocks were calibrated at all, going so far as to tell the HSCA that the DPD times can not be relied up to reflect actual time.

You keep on ignoring that, evidence based, information and instead make up nothing but hypothetical go nowhere claims you can't even support with any kind of evidence yourself. So much for being interested in the truth!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:42:40 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #624 on: December 18, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #625 on: December 18, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »

The point you are missing is that Markham would have passed the corner of 10th street and Patton long before 1.14.

You are assuming the clock in the laundromat was not slow. But the evidence of the DPD radio recordings and the cab company’s dispatcher time are indicating otherwise. That is the point that you are missing.

Feel free to live in your own fantasy world where you can ignore facts and evidence.

For the last time, your entire argument is bogus, because neither the DPD recordings and the cab dispatcher times are accurate and, other than by assumption, you can not show they are. But more importantly, the thing you are overlooking is that it doesn't matter if Markham's clock was slow or not. She took her regular bus to work on Jefferson at around 1.15, which by any standard of logic should tell you she would not have been at 10th/Patton to watch a shooting at 1.14.

No. It doesn't appear that at all. Even using your own estimate of 17 minutes for the trip, he still would have gotten to 10th street well before 1.14

Not if his watch was running slow. He stated that he picked up his daughter at “about 12:55.” We don’t know if this means that he arrived at the school at that time, what procedure he needed to go through to get her out of school early and how much time that involved, etc. Based on my experiences of being in school in that era, he probably had to go to the office and request to pick her up, then she would have been taken out of her classroom. This procedure would have taken a few minutes. If Bowley had specified that he was finished picking her up and was back on the road at 12:55, you might have a reasonable argument.

More BS. You have not a shred of evidence to show that Bowley's watch was slow. I don't know where you are getting all that crap about going to the office and requesting to pick her up from, but he never said any of that which means you are making up stuff out of thin air. Why not go the extra mile and claim that his car broke down halfway, he was blocked by a traffic accident, and that police held up traffic to allow some ducks to cross the street?

Bowley said he picked up his daughter at 12.55 which could just as easily simply mean school was out and she was standing outside waiting for him. Two streets down from where I live, there is a school and every day at the same time parents line up their cars waiting for the kids to come out.

All we really know is that he said he picked her up at 12.55, just like he said that he looked at his watch when he arrived at 10th street and it said 1.10. Those are the facts and you have nothing to dispute them except making stuff up and hoping it will stick.

I have already dealt with the time Scoggins gave and shown rather conclusively that there is no way it can be right.

No one said that the time Scoggins gave was 100% accurate. Only approximate (with added time for notifying the police).

Your entire claim about Scoggins is that his time was 100% accurate.

The point is that it is indicative that the shooting took place later than the 1:10 time that Bowley’s infamous watch indicated and that the ambulance arrived later than the 1:15 time of the death certificate.

Bowley's watch did not indicate that the shooting took place at 1.10. It's the sequence of events in the time line I have provided that shows that the shooting must have taken place between 1.06 and 1.10. You have not been able to discredit the time line as a whole, which is why you try to pick it apart by attacking individual parts with assumptions, bogus arguments and already debunked claims. So much for only being interested in the truth!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:13:29 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #626 on: December 18, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »
Show us where Oswald asked for his jacket.

Why would I need to show such a nonsensical thing?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #626 on: December 18, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #627 on: December 18, 2020, 06:08:33 PM »
Why would I need to show such a nonsensical thing?

What else but nonsensical things do you expect from Chapman?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #628 on: December 18, 2020, 06:13:14 PM »
Why are you assuming that the clocks in the DPD (city hall) were uncalibrated?

Because Bowles said they weren’t accurate or synchronized.

Yes, they needed to be corrected from time to time (as most clocks did in that era). Bowles stated that they would correct them whenever they became noticeably off.

And nobody knows when they were last “corrected” or how far they may have been off on that day. In addition, Bowles explained how the verbal announcement may not even match what the clock said under some circumstances. Furthermore, Bowles didn’t explain how or when the city hall clock that they were sometimes calibrated to was itself calibrated.

And that they might possibly be off by as much as two minutes.

This isn’t some kind of absolute limit. It’s not like the clocks notified anyone when they were 2 minutes off.

However, there are several ways that Bowles checked the time stamps against the actual time on 11/22/63.

What are those ways?

It is of vital importance to the business operations of both the DPD and the cab company to keep reasonably accurate time in order for their employees and others who might be involved in their businesses to be able to synchronize in concert.

This is special pleading. It was of vital importance that Markham got to work on time, that Bowley pick up his child on time, and that the hospital records were accurate too.

And if cab company accuracy was so important, why did Whaley’s records show that he picked up his passenger at 12:30?

Example: the presidential motorcade required coordinated police activities all along the route.

Really? What exactly was time coordinated along the route?

Do you have any legitimate reasons to believe that the clocks and watches, that you apparently have ultimate faith in, were better calibrated than the DPD’s and cab company’s?

I don’t have ultimate faith in anyone’s time estimates. You do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #628 on: December 18, 2020, 06:13:14 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #629 on: December 18, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »
Yet you argue that, where witness identifications in other cases are very often wrong, in this case ten different people got the identification perfectly correct? Really? They all must have had amazing observational skills.

Thumb1: Exactly. They were coerced via unfair and biased lineups to pick the person the authorities wanted them to pick. In no way does this constitute independent corroboration.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #630 on: December 18, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »
You then challenged Richard by "correcting" him, informing him that Oswald had only one brand of bullets taken from his person while in custody downtown.

Where did I say that Oswald had only one brand of bullets taken from him while in custody.

It’s a fact though. The bullets “found” in Oswald’s pocket hours after he was detained were all Winchesters.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #630 on: December 18, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #631 on: December 18, 2020, 06:35:25 PM »
No amount of word smorgasbord-ery is going to alter the abundantly-obvious truth that Oswald killed Tippit and probably shot Kennedy.

It’s “abundantly obvious” to Bill Chapman of “the other Frazier” fame. How compelling.