Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 86883 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #592 on: December 18, 2020, 03:26:26 AM »
Advertisement
For a moment I thought it might be possible to have a normal, reasonable, conversation with you, but, once again, you blew it.

You can submit all you want but it doesn't matter a damned thing because google maps calculates based on present day traffic conditions and not the traffic in 1963, which, I submit, was not as heavy as it is today. And my arithmetic is actaully about right, because if he picked up his daughter at 12.55, a trip of "about 17 minutes" would still have gotten him to 10th street at 1.12. Two minutes less and he gets there at 1.10 just like he said. Either way, when he got there, Tippit had already been shot, which means he was killed before 1.14 - 1.15!

Traffic at 8:00 p.m. still shows a 16-minute trip. Do you really want to hang your hat on traffic being significantly lighter than that on a Friday afternoon before Thanksgiving week? And did he arrive at the school to pick up his daughter at 12:55? Or was he already back on the road by 12:55? I believe that it would have taken a little time to physically pick her up and get back onto the street.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #592 on: December 18, 2020, 03:26:26 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #593 on: December 18, 2020, 03:45:05 AM »

Traffic at 8:00 p.m. still shows a 16-minute trip. Do you really want to hang your hat on traffic being significantly lighter than that on a Friday afternoon before Thanksgiving week? And did he arrive at the school to pick up his daughter at 12:55? Or was he already back on the road by 12:55? I believe that it would have taken a little time to physically pick her up and get back onto the street.

Traffic at 8:00 p.m. still shows a 16-minute trip. Do you really want to hang your hat on traffic being significantly lighter than that on a Friday afternoon before Thanksgiving week?

It doesn't matter. How many times do I have to explain this to you? Callaway confirmed he was there before he [Callaway] arived on the scene and he only had to run half a block to get there.

And did he arrive at the school to pick up his daughter at 12:55? Or was he already back on the road by 12:55? I believe that it would have taken a little time to physically pick her up and get back onto the street.

Another moot point. If he was already back on the road by 12.55 he simply would have gotten to 10th street sooner. You are arguing semantics whilst missing the bigger point; Callaway confirmed that Bowley was at the scene before he got there. It doesn't matter one bit if his trip took a minute longer or not, nor does it matter how long it took to pick up his daughter.

He was there just after Tippit was shot and he had finished working the radio when Callaway got there. Period.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #594 on: December 18, 2020, 04:17:10 AM »
Traffic at 8:00 p.m. still shows a 16-minute trip. Do you really want to hang your hat on traffic being significantly lighter than that on a Friday afternoon before Thanksgiving week?

It doesn't matter. How many times do I have to explain this to you? Callaway confirmed he was there before he [Callaway] arived on the scene and he only had to run half a block to get there.

And did he arrive at the school to pick up his daughter at 12:55? Or was he already back on the road by 12:55? I believe that it would have taken a little time to physically pick her up and get back onto the street.

Another moot point. If he was already back on the road by 12.55 he simply would have gotten to 10th street sooner. You are arguing semantics whilst missing the bigger point; Callaway confirmed that Bowley was at the scene before he got there. It doesn't matter one bit if his trip took a minute longer or not, nor does it matter how long it took to pick up his daughter.

He was there just after Tippit was shot and he had finished working the radio when Callaway got there. Period.

So, what time was that?

Markham was basing her time estimate on a clock in the laundromat (which wasn’t checked for accuracy). She had varied from her usual routine and stopped in the laundromat to call her daughter. The line was busy.

It doesn’t appear that Bowley could have made that trip in the time frame outlined in your timeline. Maybe he forgot to wind his watch and it was running slow. Both the DPD and the cab company indicate the time was several minutes later than Bowley’s watch indicated. That is a pretty good indication that his watch was slow.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #594 on: December 18, 2020, 04:17:10 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #595 on: December 18, 2020, 04:28:52 AM »
You’re a legend in your own mind. You can’t even get the most basic information right.

Show us what 'basic information' I didn't get right lately.

What matters the most is what can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
That is what my 'I recently outed him' is about.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:56:48 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #596 on: December 18, 2020, 05:01:05 AM »
Sure, “Richard”. Which is why you never get around to ever specifying what this “multitude” is.

Strawman “Smith” strikes again. Martin never said he believes all the evidence is faked.

The fibers can’t be uniquely tied to any particular garment. Full stop.

No multitude needed: Oswald killed Tippit and most likely shot Kennedy

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #596 on: December 18, 2020, 05:01:05 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #597 on: December 18, 2020, 06:18:17 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Dale Myers. It is clear to me that he arrived at 1.14 because he based his opinion on the DPD radio transcripts and needed to push back the time of Tippit's shooting as late as possible, so that Oswald would have had the time to get from the rooming house to 10th Street on foot.

Dale Myers started with the dispatcher timestamp at 1:19 and worked backwards from there.  This has Bowley on the police radio reporting the shooting at 1:17.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #598 on: December 18, 2020, 06:34:06 AM »
There is only one question you need to answer to understand what really happened; Why did the investigators and the WC ignore Bowley completely? One of the main witnesses in the Tippit case, the one who called the DPD dispatcher, the one who - together with Callaway - helped put Tippit in the ambulance.....They completely erased him from the case. He is not mentioned in the WC report at all..... Now, why do you think is that?

This is pretty simple.  Bowley didn't see anything.  The killer was gone by the time he arrived.

And, we know from the police tapes that Bowley did not really arrive at 1:10 so there was no need to call him to testify about anything.  The Commission discounted Bowley's time of 1:10 because (again) the police tapes tell us that his watch was clearly wrong by about five or six minutes.

As for your constant relying on Bowles and the clocks, please explain how any of that is supposed to show that the police tapes were off by more than two minutes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #598 on: December 18, 2020, 06:34:06 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #599 on: December 18, 2020, 06:38:56 AM »
Markham said she left home just after 1pm.

She also said the man she saw shoot the policeman was Lee Oswald.  So now what?