Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 88268 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #472 on: December 11, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
Advertisement
Where do you lot get the idea that the tear/hole was in the left sleeve?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Hole in his sleeve right here [indicating].
Mr. BALL - Which is the elbow of the sleeve? That is, you pointed to
the elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, it is.
Mr. BALL - And that would be which elbow, right or left elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Right.

The hole might have increased size during the TT fisticuffs

Where do you lot get the idea that the tear/hole was in the left sleeve?

Where did you get the idea that "you lot" (whoever they are) got the idea that the hole was in the left sleeve?

The hole might have increased size during the TT fisticuffs

The photo was taken after the arrest at the TT, so, where is the hole?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:23:23 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #472 on: December 11, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #473 on: December 11, 2020, 10:34:29 PM »
you lot
A way to address a group of people. Primarily heard in UK. A British friend of mine says that to her young kids all the time, a kind of 'round up' for dinner, bedtime etc

I read Bledsoe's description below, found the picture and now find that the hole has now mysteriously transformed into a thumb. My bad: May a thousand camels f*rt in my general direction.

the elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Right.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:56:50 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #474 on: December 11, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »
the elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Right.

Nobody disputes that Bledsoe saw a hole on the right sleeve, but that was not before she was shown the shirt at her home. In her affidavit she says nothing about the hole or the shirt.

The photo you have posted was taken between Oswald's arrest on Friday afternoon and the transport of evidence to the FBI around midnight that same day. So, where in the photo can the hole be seen?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:38:30 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #474 on: December 11, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #475 on: December 11, 2020, 11:12:34 PM »
Nobody disputes that Bledsoe saw a hole on the right sleeve, but that was not before she was shown the shirt at her home. In her affidavit she says nothing about the hole or the shirt.

The photo you have posted was taken between Oswald's arrest on Friday afternoon and the transport of evidence to the FBI around midnight that same day. So, where in the photo can the hole be seen?

AFFIDAVIT IN ANY FACT
THE STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF DALLAS

BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Mrs. Mary E. Bledsoe, w/f 67, 621 N. Marsalis, Dallas, Texas, Telephone WH2-1985 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

Last Friday, November 22, 1963, I went downtown to see the President. I stood on Main Street just across the street from Titche's until the parade passed by. The I walked over to Elm Street and caught a bus to go home. The bus traveled West on Elm Street to about Murphy Street and made a stop and that is when I saw Lee Oswald get on the bus. The traffic was heavy and it took quite sometime [sic] to travel two or three blocks. During that time someone made the statement that the President had been shot and while the bus was stopped due to the heavy traffic, Oswald got off the bus and I didn't see him again. I know this man was Lee Oswald because he lived in my home from October 7, 1963 to October 14, 1963.

/s/ Mrs. Mary E. Bledsoe
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 23rd DAY OF November A.D. 1963
/s/ Patsy Collins
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas

I can't find anything in her statement that indicates to me that she was attempting to get into more detail. Its a statement ffs, not full testimony

Are you suggesting she had a reason to lie?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #476 on: December 11, 2020, 11:38:47 PM »
AFFIDAVIT IN ANY FACT
THE STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF DALLAS

BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Mrs. Mary E. Bledsoe, w/f 67, 621 N. Marsalis, Dallas, Texas, Telephone WH2-1985 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

Last Friday, November 22, 1963, I went downtown to see the President. I stood on Main Street just across the street from Titche's until the parade passed by. The I walked over to Elm Street and caught a bus to go home. The bus traveled West on Elm Street to about Murphy Street and made a stop and that is when I saw Lee Oswald get on the bus. The traffic was heavy and it took quite sometime [sic] to travel two or three blocks. During that time someone made the statement that the President had been shot and while the bus was stopped due to the heavy traffic, Oswald got off the bus and I didn't see him again. I know this man was Lee Oswald because he lived in my home from October 7, 1963 to October 14, 1963.

/s/ Mrs. Mary E. Bledsoe
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 23rd DAY OF November A.D. 1963
/s/ Patsy Collins
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas

I can't find anything in her statement that indicates to me that she was attempting to get into more detail. Its a statement ffs, not full testimony

Are you suggesting she had a reason to lie?

How can she lie about something she did not say in her affidavit?

She most certainly was confused. Her testimony shows that much.

Her testimony shows that she heard Oswald's name on television and that motivated her to go to the police, because she had seen him on the bus.

Her testimony also shows that the arrest shirt was brought to her home prior to her testimony. She recognized it as the shirt he was wearing after his arrest. When the shirt was brought to her home it apparently had a hole in the sleeve, but no such hole is visible on any of the photos taken after his arrest.

She may well have mixed two memories into one. So, was she purposely lying? I don't think so. She was just confused.

Mr. BALL - Now, what is there about the shirt that makes you believe that this is the shirt that Oswald had on when he was on the bus? What is there about it?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, let's see the front of it. Yes see all this [indicating]? I remember that.
Mr. BALL - Tell me what you see there?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I saw the---no; not so much that. It was done after---that is part I recognize more than anything.
Mr. BALL - You are pointing to a hole in the right elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.
Mr. BALL - What about the color?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, I---What do you mean?
Mr. BALL - Well----
Mrs. BLEDSOE - When he had it on?
Mr. BALL - Yes.
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Before he was shot? Yes; I remember it being brown.

What was "done after"? - Could she mean the hole was made later? If not, what else was "done later"?

Why would she say that he was wearing the shirt before he was shot? - Could she have seen the shirt on tv less than 48 hours before he was shot? Why not simply say; on the bus?

Ever tried to get complete and accurate information, in one go, from an elderly person before? It's nearly impossible.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:46:07 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #476 on: December 11, 2020, 11:38:47 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #477 on: December 12, 2020, 12:29:41 AM »
It's arguable that the hole or tear is revealed is this image
It could be that the hole was folded over to face front (on the right sleeve)

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2020, 01:15:26 AM »
It's arguable that the hole or tear is revealed is this image
It could be that the hole was folded over to face front (on the right sleeve)

Oswald was wearing the shirt when he was arrested. It was sent to Washington around midnight that same day.
I have looked at all the photos I could find of Oswald wearing the shirt between those times and there isn't one that shows the hole that Bledsoe claimed to have seen on the bus.

So, what happened?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2020, 01:15:26 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #479 on: December 12, 2020, 01:29:12 AM »
Oswald was wearing the shirt when he was arrested. It was sent to Washington around midnight that same day.
I have looked at all the photos I could find of Oswald wearing the shirt between those times and there isn't one that shows the hole that Bledsoe claimed to have seen on the bus.

So, what happened?

Lee said that the shirt he took off and left in his dresser drawer at the rooming house had a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR .....And the shirt that Detective Potts found in a dresser drawer in Lee's room had a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR... Does the shirt in the photo have a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR????