Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 88270 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2020, 06:56:19 PM »
Advertisement
Yes, definitely not from the couch.

So, you agree that Roberts was most likely near the television set rather than sitting on the couch during the time that Oswald was in the room?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2020, 06:56:19 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »
Means nothing.
Yeah...to the Oswald did it guys I wouldn't expect it to.
 However, if the ladies had claimed that it was a light grey or whitish jacket they saw then that would become absolutely positive evidence huh? The likelihood that Oswald never even put a jacket on in the first place is becoming more probable. Who said that he put this jacket on in the first place? One distracted lady with admittedly poor vision.
When one witness' story points to a conspiracy.. they are summarily dismissed as wrong. Yet when one witness [no matter how convoluted their story] points to the single killer...their statements are heralded as the gospel truth.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »
Yes, definitely not from the couch.

How far into the room (away from the windows) do you loose sight of the bus stop? I know that that would depend on where along the front wall one is. So lets specify along a perpendicular line to the front wall at that runs to the back of the end of the couch seat closest to the front wall. I believe that the angle to the right edge of the window nearest the TV from that spot is very close to the angle to the bus stop. Also, do we know the bus stop was at the same exact location in 1963 as it is now?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2020, 01:17:21 AM »
How far into the room (away from the windows) do you loose sight of the bus stop? I know that that would depend on where along the front wall one is. So lets specify along a perpendicular line to the front wall at that runs to the back of the end of the couch seat closest to the front wall. I believe that the angle to the right edge of the window nearest the TV from that spot is very close to the angle to the bus stop. Also, do we know the bus stop was at the same exact location in 1963 as it is now?

This is so typical for you. You clearly have never been to the rooming house yourself, yet you "believe" that Roberts was sitting on the couch when Oswald walked out. Why do you believe that? The answer is simple; so you can argue that she would have had a good look at Oswald as he walked out. You now have two people, who have actually been there, telling you that she couldn't have seen the bus stop from the couch, yet instead of accepting that, you are still desperately looking for a way to keep Roberts on the couch anyway. This happens all the time with you. You prefer what you believe over factual information time after time.

Well, let me tell you this; if you are now looking for a way to place Roberts on the couch seat closest to the front wall, so that she could somehow see the bus stop, the consequence is that you put Roberts on the couch at a location where Oswald would have passed behind her on his way to the front door.

You really need to think things through in the future.....

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2020, 01:21:55 AM »
This is so typical for you. You clearly have never been to the rooming house yourself, yet you "believe" that Roberts was sitting on the couch when Oswald walked out. Why do you believe that? The answer is simple; so you can argue that she would have had a good look at Oswald as he walked out. You now have two people, who have actually been there, telling you that she couldn't have seen the bus stop from the couch, yet instead of accepting that, you are still desperately looking for a way to keep Roberts on the couch anyway. This happens all the time with you. You prefer what you believe over factual information time after time.

Well, let me tell you this; if you are now looking for a way to place Roberts on the couch seat closest to the front wall, so that she could somehow see the bus stop, the consequence is that you put Roberts on the couch at a location where Oswald would have passed behind her on his way to the front door.

You really need to think things through in the future.....

I asked a freaking question and you attack me. Typical nonsense (ignore it).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2020, 01:21:55 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2020, 01:38:26 AM »

I asked a freaking question and you attack me. Typical nonsense (ignore it).

It is obvious why you asked those questions. You simply can not deal with being wrong.

Calling it "typical nonsense" and an "attack" is just part of that.

During our conversation I have actually tried to help you by saying that Roberts couldn't have been on the couch, because she couldn't see the bus stop from there, but you were so determined to find a way where Roberts could have had a better look at Oswald, than from where the television was, that you refused to accept what I was telling you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 01:43:21 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2020, 01:54:43 AM »
It is obvious why you asked those questions. You simply can not deal with being wrong.

Calling it "typical nonsense" and an "attack" is just part of that.

I asked it in order to attempt to put Aynesworth’s words in the proper category. I already admitted to jumping to a wrong conclusion earlier in this thread. And I have done so before. I most certainly do not have a problem “dealing with being wrong.”

I asked the question to someone who I believe will give me a straight answer (that wasn’t you). Some of us are interested in learning the truth. It appears to me that you are more interested in getting on people’s nerves to get a reaction than anything else. Some people seem to enjoy doing just that.   ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2020, 01:54:43 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2020, 02:14:52 AM »
Really? But if that was the case, why not simply hop on a bus out of town, either from the city center or, after his stop at the boarding house, down on Jefferson?

Why run to a go nowhere street in the middle of a residential area where he would stand out like a sore tumb?

It doesn't make sense...

He wouldn't stand out if he was smart enough to slow his pace upon seeing somebody approaching.