Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 88254 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2020, 03:01:59 AM »
Advertisement
Did the cops say that John Iacoletti denied that Oswald had a revolver when he was arrested? You've got me all confused now, Jerry.
That really confused me.
An aside from whatever Mr Iacoletti may have inferred...There is recorded [as I recall] Oswald's statements about a pistol in some scribbled notes by Will Fritz chronicled whenever.
Also in testimony..
Mr. BALL. Did you ask him what he did after he left the building?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. What did he say?
Mr. FRITZ. He told me he went over and caught a bus and rode the bus to North Beckley near where he lived and went by home and changed clothes and got his pistol and went to the show. I asked him why he took his pistol and he said, "Well, you know about a pistol; I just carried it." Let's see if I asked him anything else right that minute. That is just about it.
We know that Fritz lied in his testimony..denying anything said by Roger Craig and Oswald's reaction at that time.
This title of the thread alluding to a "farce" is in itself a farce.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2020, 03:01:59 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2020, 02:48:06 PM »
That's what I thought. You can't show it.

Btw, asking for proof or even just evidence is not the same as denying something.

Show us where Iacoletti has ever said anything at all points to Oswald.

I don't have to show anything: Officer McDonald provided evidence of Oswald pulling his gun out. Witness testimony is evidence.
In CT land, nothing is knowable and nothing is provable. An attitude that can best be described as fringeworthy.

Mr. BALL - Which hand was--was his right hand or his left hand on the pistol?
Mr. McDONALD - His right hand was on the pistol.
Mr. BALL - And which of your hands?
Mr. McDONALD - My left hand, at this point.
Mr. BALL - And had he withdrawn the pistol
Mr. McDONALD - He was drawing it as I put my hand.
Mr. BALL - From his waist?
Mr. McDONALD - Yes, sir.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:51:32 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2020, 03:37:31 PM »

And he is arrested a short distance away with a pistol and the same two brands of ammo used at the Tippit scene.

What pistol would that be? The one that suddenly showed up in the police station, some two hours after Oswald's arrest and was initialed by police officers who were not even present at the arrest? Is that the pistol you mean?

Forget John I.  Martin/Roger himself has questioned in this very thread whether Oswald had a pistol on him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2020, 03:37:31 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2020, 05:44:10 PM »

I don't have to show anything: Officer McDonald provided evidence of Oswald pulling his gun out. Witness testimony is evidence.
In CT land, nothing is knowable and nothing is provable. An attitude that can best be described as fringeworthy.

Mr. BALL - Which hand was--was his right hand or his left hand on the pistol?
Mr. McDONALD - His right hand was on the pistol.
Mr. BALL - And which of your hands?
Mr. McDONALD - My left hand, at this point.
Mr. BALL - And had he withdrawn the pistol
Mr. McDONALD - He was drawing it as I put my hand.
Mr. BALL - From his waist?
Mr. McDONALD - Yes, sir.

Irrelevant

I don't have to show anything

When you falsely claim that John Iacoletti has denied that Oswald had a revolver, yes you do have to show that.

Officer McDonald provided evidence of Oswald pulling his gun out. Witness testimony is evidence.

Yes, yes... we all know what McDonald said. And we also know that Fritz wrote in his notes that Oswald admitted that he carried a revolver. But which revolver, that's the question

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
Forget John I.  Martin/Roger himself has questioned in this very thread whether Oswald had a pistol on him.

Care to explain how a question about which revolver Oswald carried, in your mind, somehow turns into a question of whether Oswald had a revolver on him?

This should be good.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »
She also said the man who shot the policeman was Lee Oswald.  So, what now?

You never read anyone's posts but your own do you? Cite the testimony where Mrs Markham actually ever says "I saw Oswald shoot the cop". Now ..I have read her testimony several times and she was told by the Commissioners that it was Oswald who did it but for some apparent reluctance issue...she never said "I saw Oswald shoot Tippit". None of this "It was #2" stuff  ... No "He gave me the willies" --Where did she say it outright "Oswald shot the policeman"? Look for it here. It will not be found. Psychology interceded ..She knew it wasn't Lee Oswald.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/markham1.htmYou will just have to take the cops' word for it I'm afraid. Unfortunately...they are all dead by now.

I did not say that Markham stated in her TESTIMONY that "Oswald shot the policeman".  Maybe you didn't closely read my comment which you were replying to?

She's on video explaining what she saw, regarding the man who killed Tippit.  She closes that particular video interview by saying that she "identified him in the lineup".  As it turns out, she identified Oswald in the lineup and therefore, she said Oswald is the man who shot the policeman, exactly as I stated.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »
You got me... Markham didn't use the word "catch". It was Ball who asked her when she usually got her bus.

Mr. BALL. You know what time you usually get your bus, don't you?
Mrs. MARKHAM. 1:15.

Same difference

No.  It's not the same difference.

Did she think he was asking her what time she got to her bus stop?

Did she think he was asking her what time she gets on the bus?

Who knows.  But, 1:15 would NOT be the time she always boards her bus since there was no 1:15 bus.

Weak. You don't get to determine what she thought. The question is clear; Ball wanted to know when she got her bus.

Ball did not ask when she arrived at the bus stop.

And how do you know there wasn't a bus at 1.15? Just because the schedule (according to the FBI) said 1.12 and 1.22, does that mean that a bus can not be late three minutes?

But it's a moot point, because even if Markham arrived at the bus stop at 1.15, she would have walked passed the corner of 10th & Patton at 1.12 or 1.13, because it takes at least 2 minutes to walk the distance from 10th street to the bus stop on Jefferson. This in turn means that she would have passed 10th street before the shooting, if that took place at 1.14 or 1.15.

Weak. You don't get to determine what she thought.

Where did I claim to be able to determine what she thought?  Please explain.

The question is clear; Ball wanted to know when she got her bus.

Actually, the question was not totally clear.  I do believe Ball was trying to ask her what time she boarded her bus and I have never said otherwise.  What I said was that because the question is not totally clear, we don't really know exactly how Markham interpreted the question and because of this, we do not know what her answer really means.  Ball certainly could have asked the question in a more obvious manner than he did.

And how do you know there wasn't a bus at 1.15? Just because the schedule (according to the FBI) said 1.12 and 1.22, does that mean that a bus can not be late three minutes?

There was no 1:15 bus, according to all of the information we have.  If you have something which suggests otherwise, then please post it (which you won't do, because you don't have it).

As for the bus being late, obviously it can be late on occasion.  However, one doesn't bank on the bus being late every single time so your point here is kind of invalid.

But it's a moot point, because even if Markham arrived at the bus stop at 1.15, she would have walked passed the corner of 10th & Patton at 1.12 or 1.13, because it takes at least 2 minutes to walk the distance from 10th street to the bus stop on Jefferson. This in turn means that she would have passed 10th street before the shooting, if that took place at 1.14 or 1.15.

I can accept that Lee Oswald murdered J.D. Tippit at 1:13.  Fair enough?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2020, 06:33:03 PM »
That would be a short thread because nobody denies that Oswald carried a revolver when he was arrested.

John Iacoletti has questioned it over and over.  And then, once he did that, he did it over and over again.  And then again.  And again.