Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Getting inside Oswalds mind - his library books  (Read 9859 times)

Offline Denis Pointing

Re: Getting inside Oswalds mind - his library books
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2020, 01:54:48 AM »
Advertisement
He was an enigma wrapped in an enigma. :)

IMO, Oswald displayed enough psychopathic tendencies (we all have a few mild ones) to be a clinical psychopath. One of the psychopathic tendencies is the compulsion to lie and mislead for no real reason.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2020, 01:54:48 AM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2020, 04:32:36 AM »
IMO, Oswald displayed enough psychopathic tendencies (we all have a few mild ones) to be a clinical psychopath. One of the psychopathic tendencies is the compulsion to lie and mislead for no real reason.

I'll grant you that he sometimes told lies and was very secretive. Not convinced he was a psychopath.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2020, 06:19:33 AM »

Oswald was most likely a sociopath

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 06:54:53 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2020, 06:19:33 AM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2020, 02:39:00 PM »
Oswald was most likely a sociopath

If that video is correct, many Politicians and National Security officials are psychopaths.

I've often called people in those professions "sociopaths" because of the ease in which they lie or the lack of empathy some politicians have but the way that video describes "psychopaths" is closer to what I have in mind for individuals who are obsessed with seeking power.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2020, 03:11:09 PM »
There is no requirement that Oswald hate JFK in order to be the assassin of the President of the United States.  Deranged people do not have to operate according to logic and reason.  The big difference between the JFK assassination and other types of assassinations is that in this case the target came to the assassin rather than the assassin having to seek out the target.  In the latter case, the assassin has to pick someone from everyone else in the world to target.  So they may have some real or imagined grievance against that individual.  In this case, however, the presidential motorcade came, by chance, directly by Oswald's place of work.  Oswald would have assassinated Nixon, LBJ or anyone else if they had been President at that moment.  It was not specific to JFK.  As a result, any apparent lack of animosity to JFK himself is not particularly relevant to the act.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:04:47 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2020, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
There is no requirement that Oswald hate JFK in order to the be the assassin of the President of the United States.  Deranged people do not have to operate according to logic and reason.  The big difference between the JFK assassination and other types of assassinations is that in this case the target came to the assassin rather than the assassin having to seek out the target.  In the latter case, the assassin has to pick someone from everyone else in the world to target.  So they may have some real or imagined grievance against that individual.  In this case, however, the presidential motorcade came, by chance, directly by Oswald's place of work.  Oswald would have assassinated Nixon, LBJ or anyone else if they had been President at that moment.  It was not specific to JFK.  As a result, any apparent lack of animosity to JFK himself is not particularly relevant to the act.
Recall what Oswald once said (apparently on the ship he was on as he returned from the USSR)?

He said:  "I wonder what would happen if someone would stand up and say he was utterly opposed not only to the governments, but to the people, to the entire land and complete foundation of his society."

Oswald rejected America when he defected (well before JFK was president). He told Thornley that he rejected it. He told everyone he talked to this. He said similar things when he was 16 and 17. Some young friends of his said Oswald shockingly told them that Eisenhower should be shot.

JFK likely personified what he disliked. Whether it was Eisenhower or JFK or LBJ or whomever; he was shooting at the system he hated as much as the man. But I don't think a person who revered Castro would also "like" JFK. Oswald may have liked JFK for his civil rights stance; but I don't think he liked JFK the anti-Castroite at all.

It is interesting that the Oswald defenders who say he was framed quote Marina and DeMohrenschildt and the Paines about him "liking" JFK. So Marina and DeMohrenschildt and the Paines framed Oswald - their statements were scripted to frame him - and yet they say he liked JFK? Why would they be "allowed" to say such things? It makes no sense except in this bizarre conspiracy world that these sad people live in.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2020, 04:14:52 PM »
If that video is correct, many Politicians and National Security officials are psychopaths.

I've often called people in those professions "sociopaths" because of the ease in which they lie or the lack of empathy some politicians have but the way that video describes "psychopaths" is closer to what I have in mind for individuals who are obsessed with seeking power.

I wouldn't take too much notice of Bill's 'cartoon' most psychiatrists use the terms sociopath and psychopath as interchangeable. Some claim small differences. I think, generally speaking, most laymen class a psychopath as potentially capable of murder whilst a sociopath isn't. But you're essentially correct, to become a successful CEO, a high ranking politician or a world leader requires a certain lack of compassion and conscience. Of course, not all are psychopaths. But those that are have the ability to destroy thousands of peoples lives at the stroke of a pen, to be responsible for the deaths of thousands of men, woman and children sometimes just purely for the benefit of their own political careers without any sense of remorse. Without the 'protection' of being a psychopath, most of these would end up in mental institutions or committing suicide due to the guilt. But of course, most psychopaths just have 'ordinary' jobs and seemingly ordinary lives and are not necessarily dangerous.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 04:25:34 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2020, 04:14:52 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »
I wouldn't take too much notice of Bill's 'cartoon' most psychiatrists use the terms sociopath and psychopath as interchangeable. Some claim small differences. I think, generally speaking, most laymen class a psychopath as potentially capable of murder whilst a sociopath isn't. But you're essentially correct, to become a successful CEO, a high ranking politician or a world leader requires a certain lack of compassion and conscience. Of course, not all are psychopaths. But those that are have the ability to destroy thousands of peoples lives at the stroke of a pen, to be responsible for the deaths of thousands of men, woman and children sometimes just purely for the benefit of their own political careers without any sense of remorse. Without the 'protection' of being a psychopath, most of these would end up in mental institutions or committing suicide due to the guilt. But of course, most psychopaths just have 'ordinary' jobs and seemingly ordinary lives and are not necessarily dangerous.

I wouldn't take too much notice of Bill's 'cartoon
LOL. You then go on to essentially repeat what the video said.

WTF?