Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 14202 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2020, 02:56:22 AM »
Advertisement
Just a reminder: your angle is about 45 degrees.
Nix, at most, is 20 degrees, or less.
The "illusion" is yours.

;D
Are you talking about the angle of the spoon on the tray?
Where, exactly are you getting "20 degrees, or less" from?
Are you just making that up?
If you are talking about the spoon on the tray at least you've now realised Jackie is reaching diagonally across the trunk. You're almost there  8)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2020, 02:56:22 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2020, 02:57:40 AM »
This is an interesting clip of Hargis claiming the "limo slowed down almost to a stop". He prefaces his statement by saying "This is not for the public but that car came almost to a stop". So the question it raises is why does he need to say is not for the public when the Z film had been public for years. I can only think that it is because his version contradicts what we see in the Z film. If he agreed with the Z film he would have no reason to want to keep his opinion from public view.
He does assume he slowed to let Hill onboard which is fine but 8mph is not almost a stop. The whole point is why he did not want to let that statement out to the public if he agreed with the Z film.

Where is the figure of 8mph coming from?

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2020, 03:25:34 AM »
JFK's head definitely explodes at z313 when the white blur on the grass comes into view (not z330).
As I've said, in the version of the Z-film I posted the limo really slows down to what looks not much more than walking pace. At that precise moment JFK is shot in the head. The car was being driven by an expert driver who put his foot on the brakes. It was a deliberate act. Whether it was to make the headshot easier is impossible to say but I understand why people would look at it that way.

A "deliberate act" or a reflex reaction by a driver startled and glancing behind to see what was happening? I would argue the latter.
Good thread BTW.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2020, 03:25:34 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2020, 03:55:07 AM »
A "deliberate act" or a reflex reaction by a driver startled and glancing behind to see what was happening? I would argue the latter.
Good thread BTW.

It can be argued either way Denis, it's just my opinion based on him being a trained driver (I assume). Why not hit the gas as a reflex? By the same token, it must have been quite an extreme situation. The result is the same, slowing down to almost walking pace at the same time JFK is hit in the head.
It should also be noted that the driver had already looked round once, continued to decelerate then looked round again before deciding to floor it. Why the second glance?
It's hard to judge as everything happens so quickly.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2020, 03:57:14 AM »
Just a reminder: your angle is about 45 degrees.
Nix, at most, is 20 degrees, or less.
The "illusion" is yours.
Mr O'meara: what part of " your angle" don't you understand? Your angle, meaning - let me help you here - your video. 45 degrees. Break out the protractor. It's your construction, so it should be easy to measure.

Nix, is, at most, 20 degrees.  45>20.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2020, 03:57:14 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2020, 04:04:05 AM »
Mr O'meara: what part of " your angle" don't you understand? Your angle, meaning - let me help you here - your video. 45 degrees. Break out the protractor. It's your construction, so it should be easy to measure.

Nix, is, at most, 20 degrees.  45>20.

Once again, where are you getting 20 degrees from John?

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »
Once again, where are you getting 20 degrees from John?
Where did you get your 45 degrees from?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »
Generally agreed upon that the Z film shows the limo slow to 8mph. I have measured it before and found it slows from 11 to 8mph just before the bikes close on it at 3mph by not slowing to match it's speed. It may also be an 'official' conclusion based on the Z film