Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 14005 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
Advertisement
Where is Nix?
He's not there.

This tells me he's either hidden from view in front of the 'north peristyle' (see Roberdeau's map) or he's somewhere on the south side of Main Street, possibly near the 'south peristyle'.
In the Nix film there's a moment, just after Hill has managed to get a proper foothold, that the limo passes behind a lamp-post.
This tells me he's not in front of the north peristyle as there's no lamp-posts there for the limo to pass behind. Therefore he must be somewhere on the south side of Main Street.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2020, 01:54:39 AM »
Bronson was standing on pedestal just like the one Zapruder was on. You can find that pedestal on the south side of Main Street Maybe 20 or 30 feet west of Houston. So he's 4 ft higher compared to Nix and his camera is going right over the head of Nix. The second Bronson image is after the attack when next started walking West on Main. At that point he would have been left of frame.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2020, 02:25:38 AM »
Bronson was standing on pedestal just like the one Zapruder was on. You can find that pedestal on the south side of Main Street Maybe 20 or 30 feet west of Houston. So he's 4 ft higher compared to Nix and his camera is going right over the head of Nix. The second Bronson image is after the attack when next started walking West on Main. At that point he would have been left of frame.

Just to emphasise the point you're making about Bronson and Nix filming from the almost the same position I made this (slightly dodgy) gif from part of the Nix film and an extreme blow-up from the Bronson film (hence its poor quality). The Nix film shows a woman with black hair, a long, light coloured coat and white footwear walking on the grass towards the limo. The limo is passing her and the motorcycles pass her after which she reacts with a step to the right. I've tried to catch the same moment in the Bronson clip and it is possible to tell from the relative position of the woman and the edge of the pedestal Zapruder is stood on that the films are taken from almost the same position:

PS. Not sure what you mean about the second Bronson image Chris, the still I posted is taken before the limo has even reached the spot shown in the films. I might be misunderstanding something.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2020, 02:25:38 AM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2020, 04:56:33 AM »
Dan, I looked at that all wrong. Orville Nix didn't start walking West till the limo was almost to the under pass. And although Nix would have been below the camera level he is actually off to the right of frame in both the still and the film.

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2020, 12:32:51 PM »
Can't say I'm spotting Nix to be honest Duncan, but what I did spot was the lamp-post I'd mentioned seen in Nix:

Just from eye-balling it, judging from the relative positions of the lamp-post and the bottom of the stairs in the distance, I'd say Nix was filming from a position slightly west of Hughes (I also got the impression Nix was stood slightly west of Bronson as well). Nix's position was on the south side of Main Street, slightly west of the south peristyle and when we look on Roberdeau's 'worthless' map, that is exactly where he is positioned.
Just returning briefly to the general subject of this thread, I've always wondered what the point of altering the Zapruder film was. To hide evidence of a second gunman? If so, how could "they" leave in JFK's 'back and to the left' head and body movement? Surely any right-minded person would see the effects of a shot from the right front, which is exactly what happened when the film was finally made public. Surely this is the clearest evidence of a conspiracy there could be, what's the point of any alterations whilst leaving this glaring give-away in there.
I find it baffling that those fighting hardest to show the Z-film was altered are those who believe there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy. The Z-film is the best evidence there is of a conspiracy yet it is undermined by those who wish to show the alterations are evidence of conspiracy.
Go figure.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:33:39 PM by Dan O'meara »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »
He's not there.

This tells me he's either hidden from view in front of the 'north peristyle' (see Roberdeau's map) or he's somewhere on the south side of Main Street, possibly near the 'south peristyle'.
In the Nix film there's a moment, just after Hill has managed to get a proper foothold, that the limo passes behind a lamp-post.
This tells me he's not in front of the north peristyle as there's no lamp-posts there for the limo to pass behind. Therefore he must be somewhere on the south side of Main Street.
That really narrows it down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2020, 02:48:32 PM »
Can't say I'm spotting Nix to be honest Duncan, but what I did spot was the lamp-post I'd mentioned seen in Nix:

Just from eye-balling it, judging from the relative positions of the lamp-post and the bottom of the stairs in the distance, I'd say Nix was filming from a position slightly west of Hughes (I also got the impression Nix was stood slightly west of Bronson as well). Nix's position was on the south side of Main Street, slightly west of the south peristyle and when we look on Roberdeau's 'worthless' map, that is exactly where he is positioned.
Just returning briefly to the general subject of this thread, I've always wondered what the point of altering the Zapruder film was. To hide evidence of a second gunman? If so, how could "they" leave in JFK's 'back and to the left' head and body movement? Surely any right-minded person would see the effects of a shot from the right front, which is exactly what happened when the film was finally made public. Surely this is the clearest evidence of a conspiracy there could be, what's the point of any alterations whilst leaving this glaring give-away in there.
I find it baffling that those fighting hardest to show the Z-film was altered are those who believe there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy. The Z-film is the best evidence there is of a conspiracy yet it is undermined by those who wish to show the alterations are evidence of conspiracy.
Go figure.
Alterations to the Zfilm, if proven, are not evidence of a "conspiracy", just evidence of alteration.