Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Reactions to 6 Shots in the Zapruder Film  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Reactions to 6 Shots in the Zapruder Film
« on: October 06, 2020, 05:24:07 PM »
Advertisement
For anyone who might be interested, I have revised and expanded my article "Reactions to Six Shots in the Zapruder Film":

https://miketgriffith.com/files/6shots.htm

The article discusses six apparent reactions to gunfire in the Zapruder film. If there are reactions to only four shots evident in the Zapruder film, the lone-gunman theory collapses. Four--really five--of the shot reactions are beyond reasonable dispute, but for the sake of argument I am counting the Z226-232 and Z233-240 reactions as one set in the list below:

Z154-167
Z186-207
Z226-240 (226-232 + Z233-240)
Z313-320

Also, there are five strong blur episodes in the Zapruder film. Several tests have found that people will jiggle the camera while filming each time they hear a gunshot, even if they know the shot is coming.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:57:36 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Reactions to 6 Shots in the Zapruder Film
« on: October 06, 2020, 05:24:07 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Reactions to 6 Shots in the Zapruder Film
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »
For anyone who might be interested, I have revised and expanded my article "Reactions to Six Shots in the Zapruder Film":

https://miketgriffith.com/files/6shots.htm

The article discusses six apparent reactions to gunfire in the Zapruder film. If there are reactions to only four shots evident in the Zapruder film, the lone-gunman theory collapses. Four--really five--of the shot reactions are beyond reasonable dispute, but for the sake of argument I am counting the Z226-232 and Z233-240 reactions as one set in the list below:

Z154-167
Z186-207
Z226-240 (226-232 + Z233-240)
Z313-320

Also, there are five strong blur episodes in the Zapruder film. Several tests have found that people will jiggle the camera while filming each time they hear a gunshot, even if they know the shot is coming.

Hi Michael,

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread entitled "The First Shot", presenting evidence that the first of three assumed shots from the TSBD is the one that hit JFK causing his hands to fly to his throat. I don't believe I stipulated three 'audible' shots which maybe I should've done. Are you proposing non-audible shots in this thread?
Also, in your article there is a reaction at Z290-305 that I don't see in your opening post.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 07:33:20 PM »

It should be pointed out, that these new times, as “deduced”, from the Zapruder film, do not jive with the “Acoustic evidence” that Mr. Griffith was arguing for during the last month:

Depending on one sets the last shot at z313 (BBN’s opinion) or the next to the last shot at z313 (Dr. Thomas’s opinion), the “Acoustic evidence” lists the five shots at:

z168
z196
z216
z304
z313

or:

z176
z205
z224
z313
z321

Shouldn’t the “acoustic evidence” jive with the “Zapruder evidence”?

Question:

If Mr. Griffith thinks this can be explained with “Zapruder Film alternation”, which frames does he think were altered?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 07:33:20 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
It should be pointed out, that these new times, as “deduced”, from the Zapruder film, do not jive with the “Acoustic evidence” that Mr. Griffith was arguing for during the last month:

Depending on one sets the last shot at z313 (BBN’s opinion) or the next to the last shot at z313 (Dr. Thomas’s opinion), the “Acoustic evidence” lists the five shots at:

z168
z196
z216
z304
z313

or:

z176
z205
z224
z313
z321

Shouldn’t the “acoustic evidence” jive with the “Zapruder evidence”?

Question:

If Mr. Griffith thinks this can be explained with “Zapruder Film alternation”, which frames does he think were altered?

Surely we're not talking about five clearly audible shots.
Pat Speer's comprehensive examination of witness statements concerning the shots concludes:

" While roughly 90% of the witnesses heard three shots or less, and less than 10% heard four shots or more..."

While Brian Locke (The Unofficial JFK Assassination FAQ #19) is even more specific:

"Of the approximately 200 witnesses whose statements were taken by
the WC, 88% said they heard three shots, 5% said they heard more than
three."

88%!!. That's got to mean something!
In my thread "The First Shot" I start with the complete lack of reaction from the car full of SS men in Zapruder (up to z207) compared to the obvious reactions captured in Altgens6. Any shot at either z168 or z176 would have elicited a reaction by z207 and to imagine a little girl running by the side of the road is reacting to a shot while a car load of SS agents look calmly on is a bit much (IMO)

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 08:19:40 PM »

Surely we're not talking about five clearly audible shots.

Uh, yes, we are talking about audible shots. The acoustic tests won’t pick up inaudible shots. Only audible ones.

I’m just pointing out that the set of shots Mr. Griffith points out as apparent in the Zapruder film, are not the same ones that he says are apparent from the acoustic evidence. If both claims:
•   the Zapruder film shows when the shots occurred
•   the Acoustic recording shows when the shots occurred
are accurate, the list of shots from both should match up. They don’t.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 08:19:40 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
Hi Michael,

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread entitled "The First Shot", presenting evidence that the first of three assumed shots from the TSBD is the one that hit JFK causing his hands to fly to his throat. I don't believe I stipulated three 'audible' shots which maybe I should've done. Are you proposing non-audible shots in this thread?

I think some shots were more audible than others, but I think all were audible. However, I do not rule out the possibility that one of the snipers used a silencer. Also, keep in mind that one of the other gunmen might have fired from a position a few feet from the opening through which he was firing, which might have altered how people heard the sound of the shot. 

Also, in your article there is a reaction at Z290-305 that I don't see in your opening post.

In my post, I only listed the reactions that are beyond rational, honest dispute. I think the Z290-315 reaction is solid, but one could nit-pick it if one wanted to do so. The four reactions I listed are too obvious to honestly, rationally dispute.

And I see Joe Elliott has once again, as he is wont to do, posted a reply with numerous diversionary, disingenuous arguments. The subject of the synchronization of the Zapruder film and the dictabelt recording has been addressed in numerous books and articles on the subject, including by Dr. Thomas.

Again, for about the tenth time, since the Dealey Plaza test firing only had rifles fire from two locations in the plaza, there is the distinct possibility that this limitation affected the number of test shots that were matched with impulse patterns on the tape. Also, given the considerable evidence that the extant police tape, the one used by the HSCA, is a copy and not the original, the copying process might have affected the timing of the occurrence of the gunshot impulse patterns on the recording. Finally, if the Zapruder film has been altered, one would not expect a perfect synchronization between the police tape and the film. Nevertheless, there is a significant degree of synchronization between the two--not a perfect one, but a significant one.

Furthermore, even if one rejects the acoustical evidence, one must still address the fact that the Zapruder film indisputably shows reactions to at least four shots. No honest, rational person can deny this. The reactions are too obvious to be missed, and this is not to mention the five strong blur episodes in the film, which indicate five reactions to gunfire.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:26:20 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »
I think some shots were more audible than others, but I think all were audible. However, I do not rule out the possibility that one of the snipers used a silencer. Also, keep in mind that one of the other gunmen might have fired from a position a few feet from the opening through which he was firing, which might have altered how people heard the sound of the shot. 

In my post, I only listed the reactions that are beyond rational, honest dispute. I think the Z290-315 reaction is solid, but one could nit-pick it if one wanted to do so. The four reactions I listed are too obvious to honestly, rationally dispute.

And I see Joe Elliott has once again, as he is wont to do, posted a reply with numerous diversionary, disingenuous arguments. The subject of the synchronization of the Zapruder film and the dictabelt recording has been addressed in numerous books and articles on the subject, including by Dr. Thomas.

Again, for about the tenth time, since the Dealey Plaza test firing only had rifles fire from two locations in the plaza, there is the distinct possibility that this limitation affected the number of test shots that were matched with impulse patterns on the tape. Also, given the considerable evidence that the extant police tape, the one used by the HSCA, is a copy and not the original, the copying process might have affected the timing of the occurrence of the gunshot impulse patterns on the recording. Finally, if the Zapruder film has been altered, one would not expect a perfect synchronization between the police tape and the film. Nevertheless, there is a significant degree of synchronization between the two--not a perfect one, but a significant one.

Furthermore, even if one rejects the acoustical evidence, one must still address the fact that the Zapruder film indisputably shows reactions to at least four shots. No honest, rational person can deny this. The reactions are too obvious to be missed, and this is not to mention the five strong blur episodes in the film, which indicate five reactions to gunfire.
Shots z145 and z186 are refuted by Zapruder. The reaction of the SS agents up to z207 demonstrates this.
There is nothing unusual about Hickey's head turn, he is barely looking to the right by z207
The HSCA's analysis of JFK's rapid head turn just before going behind the Stemmons sign is wrong. There is no 'hand freeze' and no rapid turning of the head.
To imagine JFK is hit in the back of the head by bullet fragments and doesn't react is not realistic.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:47:52 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »

Question for Mr. Griffith:

How was the Zapruder film lettered?

Were some Zapruder frame simply removed?

Were some Zapruder frames not removed but altered?

Were some Zapruder frame removed but replaced by a new image that was not an altered frame ?

Were some new frames created afresh (again, not an altered frame) and inserted into the Zapruder film?

These are simple questions that you want to dodge.