Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 122100 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #1176 on: April 21, 2023, 11:48:59 PM »
Advertisement
I have taken Jerry's image and overlaid his Z223 frame with his image of his model (at 54% opacity) with the figures inside. Also, I overlaid Jerry's overhead image of his model with an image of the scaled drawing (at 59% opacity). It appears to me to be a good match in both cases with the exception of the overall length of the limo in the scaled drawing. I explained the issues with the scaled drawing in an earlier post.

Andrew, this should help to demonstrate what I explained in that earlier post. If Jerry objects to my posting this modified copy of his work, I will be glad to remove it. Just let me know.

Edit:

One other major difference between the scaled drawing and the actual limo (and model) is the shape of the windshield. The drawing shows a more vertical windshield similar to the one on the old "Queen Mary" limo. The actual limo (and model) has a more sloped windshield that has the top of it basically directly over the steering wheel. I think that the same company built both limos. So, I wonder if that scaled drawing started out as a drawing of the "Queen Mary" limo and was modified. Just a thought...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 11:56:53 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1176 on: April 21, 2023, 11:48:59 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #1177 on: April 22, 2023, 02:23:39 AM »
If you compare your side view of the two men seated in your model, though, the model does not match the real-life limo.  In the image below I have matched the locations of the front and back edges of the left rear door. Although the view is a bit lower in the model with the men, the relative sizes are the same and the car direction appears to be the same.  But there is a significant discrepancy of the jump seat positions between your model with the men and the other two images, as demonstrated by the yellow lines:

Something seems wrong there, to me.

One is a "photo match" in which the SketchUp camera conforms to the field-of-view of the photograph.

The other (the blurry crop) has SketchUp's default field-of-view.

Sometimes a photograph will happen to nearly-coincide with SketchUp's default FoV but more often there is quite a difference.

Same 3D model and proportions in all the SketchUp views I present (albeit the FoV may change). You don't have to take my word for it; you're free to keep wasting everybody's time with silly nitpicks.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #1178 on: April 22, 2023, 03:09:44 AM »
One is a "photo match" in which the SketchUp camera conforms to the field-of-view of the photograph.

The other (the blurry crop) has SketchUp's default field-of-view.

Sometimes a photograph will happen to nearly-coincide with SketchUp's default FoV but more often there is quite a difference.

Same 3D model and proportions in all the SketchUp views I present (albeit the FoV may change). You don't have to take my word for it; you're free to keep wasting everybody's time with silly nitpicks.
A five inch difference is not nitpicking.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1178 on: April 22, 2023, 03:09:44 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #1179 on: April 22, 2023, 02:28:47 PM »
A five inch difference is not nitpicking.

So you're not buying into perspective changes due to cameras being at different distances from the subject?

You would rather insinuate (right, defense attorneys don't call it that  :D ) ...

... that I'm changing the proportions of one side of the limousine to accommodate the SBT (I guess you believe I'm that wedded to the Theory or a conformist to authority).

I'm sorry your Ash Heap Theory died a thousand deaths and you're reduced to trolling via nitpicking. Evidently your day job doesn't keep you that busy.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #1180 on: April 22, 2023, 03:08:07 PM »
I have taken Jerry's image and overlaid his Z223 frame with his image of his model (at 54% opacity) with the figures inside. Also, I overlaid Jerry's overhead image of his model with an image of the scaled drawing (at 59% opacity). It appears to me to be a good match in both cases with the exception of the overall length of the limo in the scaled drawing. I explained the issues with the scaled drawing in an earlier post.

Andrew, this should help to demonstrate what I explained in that earlier post. If Jerry objects to my posting this modified copy of his work, I will be glad to remove it. Just let me know.
It appears that Jerry's car is either too short or too wide. I would suggest it is too wide. He has much to large a space between the jump seats and the doors.
Edit:

One other major difference between the scaled drawing and the actual limo (and model) is the shape of the windshield. The drawing shows a more vertical windshield similar to the one on the old "Queen Mary" limo. The actual limo (and model) has a more sloped windshield that has the top of it basically directly over the steering wheel. I think that the same company built both limos. So, I wonder if that scaled drawing started out as a drawing of the "Queen Mary" limo and was modified. Just a thought...
The H&E drawing does not show the windshield. That part in front is the dashboard.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1180 on: April 22, 2023, 03:08:07 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1181 on: April 22, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »
I am presenting a method by which the location and timing of the first shot can be pin-pointed with a large degree of accuracy:

Focusing on the witness testimony of those closest to the limo at the time of the shooting.
Stripping their various testimonies down to one salient point - had JFK passed their position or not at the time of the first shot.
Establishing the position of these witnesses on a schematic that also shows us the position of JFK at various Z-frames.

By doing this we come to the realisation that all previous theories regarding when the first shot happened are refuted with the exception of my own theory - a first shot strike of JFK at z222/z223.
It is customary for someone opposing this method to critique it - what are it's weaknesses, it's strengths, where might I be going wrong with the theory, what can be improved.
Instead you simply write the word, "No".
No counter-evidence to support  an argument, no evidence offered whatsoever, just your opinion, seemingly based on nothing.

I simply didn't realise the importance of them at the time.
This whole thread could've ended around then because I believe this evidence regarding when the first shot happened is really strong and very difficult to argue against [in a sane way, that actually involves providing evidence to support a counter-argument, rather than just blurting out an unsupported opinion.]
It's such a simple and obvious way to pinpoint where and when the first shot occurred that i'm embarrassed it took me so long to see it.
But it's better late than never, and I have you to thank for opening my eyes to this very powerful confirmation of my proposal for when the first shot occurred.

Do you know what, Jack? Your big pronouncements, unsupported by any evidence, are starting to get a little boring.

He was shot after Z210 and definitely before Z224

What evidence are you providing to support this statement? In a previous post you wrote:

A better location for the first shot would be Z210 to Z214 based on Zapruder Frames.

No evidence to support this claim, just a big pronouncement.
I knew this was utter garbage because both JFK and JBC were behind the Stemmons sign at this time, so I wrote:

So, "based on Zapruder Frames" a better location for the first shot would be z210 to z214.
Obviously, at this time in the Z-film both JFK and JBC are obscured by the Stemmons sign, so I have to ask - what is it in the Z-frames you are basing this moment as the first shot on?
Remember, you said "based on Zapruder Frames".

Unsurprisingly you failed to answer.
The question still stands - what are you basing this big pronouncement on?

Yet another big pronouncement with no evidence to back it up.
And more utter nonsense.
JFK can't even be seen in z223!!
Yet Jack can see behind the sign, he can see JFK and JBC get shot behind the sign and he can see JFK reacting behind the sign!
Amazing.
What is this big pronouncement based on?

And yet another big pronouncement with no evidence to back it up

It is a general rule of have a ½ second reaction time from wanting to react and actually reacting.

Is it?
Is it really?
I've never heard of this "general rule".
Is it something you've just made up, by any chance?

I found this information in a few seconds on Google:

“The average reaction time for a visual stimulus is about 250 milliseconds. The average reaction time for an auditory stimulus is about 170 milliseconds and for a touch stimulus 150 milliseconds.” [https://www.onaverage.co.uk/other-averages/average-reaction-time]

150 milliseconds for touch - that's 3 Z-frames.
Do you do any research?
More importantly, the bullet passes through the Brachial Plexus [something I researched] directly damaging JFK's central nervous system, causing a rapid reflex action:

"A reflex, or reflex action, is an involuntary and nearly instantaneous movement in response to a stimulus. A reflex is made possible by neural pathways called reflex arcs which can act on an impulse before that impulse reaches the brain. The reflex is then an automatic response to a stimulus that does not receive or need conscious thought."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex

Also, in Reply#1103, I provided scientific evidence that a reflex reaction can be detected within 2 Z-frames. This evidence was published in the British journal, Brain (Brown P, Rothwell JC, Thompson PD, Britton TC, Day BL, and Marsden CD. New observations on the normal auditory startle reflex in man. Brain 1991; 114:1891-1902):
I have provided scientific expertise to back up my claim that a physical reflex response can be detected in 2 Z-frames.
What have you provided?

And just to help you out, here's a little research done on your behalf.
Your half second "general rule" is not a reference to how quick a reflex action is, it's a reference to how quickly the human mind becomes consciously aware of a sensory experience:

"Human thought takes time to form, and so the “right now” that we’re experiencing inside our skulls is always a little later than what’s going on in the outside world. It takes 500 milliseconds, or half a second, for sensory information from the outside world to be incorporated into conscious experience."

[https://nymag.com/speed/2016/12/what-is-the-speed-of-thought.html#:~:text=Human%20thought%20takes%20time%20to,be%20incorporated%20into%20conscious%20experience.]

From the above information we can conclude that a person shot through at z222/z223 could be showing a physical reflex action by z225/z226 but they wouldn't be consciously aware of being shot until around z331/z332.

??

Once again, what does Roberdeau base this on?

Unfortunately, the conversation always revolves around all the shots not just the first.

Not in a thread entitled THE FIRST SHOT!

What a lovely story.

What about the witnesses who state there was a shot after the head-shot?

If you want to critique the method I'm using [that you inspired] to locate the moment of the first shot, let's hear it.
If you have a claim to make, why not back it up with some kind of evidence.

I am presenting a method by which the location and timing of the first shot can be pin-pointed with a large degree of accuracy:

No – this is presenting an opinion.  The Thorburn Flex, ITEK Auditory Assessment, and Cranor- and the Jiggle Analysis are all interesting but unless you have a starting point and can determine where the shot actually took place they are just conjecture. Zapruder is a two shot witness which is exactly what was determined by jiglle analysis. The witnesses provide the rough location but that would be it. JFK and JBC are not reacting to the same wounds. There are people who are shot and do not know it. President Reagan when shot by Hinkle was one of them.

Then why are you disputing that the first shot occurred at z222/z223?

Because I think it was a little earlier because you can use the Zapruder film with the aid of a few pieces of information and the witness statements to clarify where it actually took place. In my mind there is no real difference between Z214 and Z222. It is understanding that the shot took place here at this point and not that ridiculous early missed shot theory, thit is what is important.

If it is important, I just used the Zapruder film to locate JFK and the people standing on the side of the road. In Willis no 5 (Z202), JFK is about even with Jean Newman. In Z207 he is past Jean Newman and almost even with the secretaries. Again, every Z frame is approximately 1 foot of travel. Again, the car is 21 feet long, it can be used to estimate distances in the pictures. By Z214 he is even with the secretaries. You can use the sign to estimate his movement and location. The sign is 21 feet long using the car as a scale. Definitely not perfect but functional enough.

Reaction time extends to witness statements. If they are stating, he was just past them when they heard the shot, they too a have reaction times to having heard the sound. JFK had a reaction time. Jean Newman’s “just past her” means what? Same with the secretaries in front of them? The Chisms’, before them instead of even with them? Don’t like 10 Z frames, use 6 frames. 6 feet. The whole reaction time is nothing but a guess. JFK was in a brace. JBC is not thought to have reacted until he takes his first breath. There is no telling if they immediately knew they had been shot.

Once again, what does Roberdeau base this on?

Because you can visibly see that they are reacting to having been shot.

What about the witnesses who state there was a shot after the head-shot?

You mean the missed shot that either occurred before, during, or after that no one can pinpoint but forever is discussed? The only question that should be asked is what did the eyewitnesses initially state. There is evidence of two shots but not three. A large group of eyewitnesses state there were two shots. There is evidence on the shells that only two of them were fired but not all three. The rifle could be examined tomorrow and determine if there is an anomaly in the chamber that caused the indentation on the side of the shells but not on CE543. Maybe that is not necessary, because the FBI already determined that the indentations came from the chamber of the rifle. The indentation exists on CE141 the unfired cartridge found in the chamber of the rifle. That is the biggest piece of information of all.

The immediate eyewitness statements are a wealth of information. No hidden agendas. By the end of the day, the media’s influence had changed all that. 

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1182 on: April 22, 2023, 04:40:24 PM »
It appears that Jerry's car is either too short or too wide. I would suggest it is too wide. He has much to large a space between the jump seats and the doors.The H&E drawing does not show the windshield. That part in front is the dashboard.

It appears that Jerry's car is either too short or too wide.

No, it is not. If and when you realize that the H&E scaled drawing is flawed you should also realize that the H&E scaled drawing simply cannot be used the way you have tried to use it without distorting the actual location of the components. Here is a quick and simple test that will prove to anyone willing to try that the H&E drawing is flawed. There is a dimension located on the trunk lid showing the distance from the handholds to the front of the trunk lid. That dimension is shown as 37.00". If you measure it on a 100% size print of the drawing, it measures to be 44mm. Now, there is a dimension (that I have previously indicated in an earlier post, is out of scale with a red circle) which shows as 38.35" for the distance between the front of the front seat and the front of the jump seat. The two dimensions (37.00" & 38.35") are fairly close to the same length. If we use mathematics to see what the ruler should show for the 38.35", we get 45.6mm. The issue is that when we actually measure this distance on the print, it is 52mm. That is a significant difference of about 14%. And 14% of 38.35" is 5.4". There is a similar issue with the other dimension (27.4") that I circled in red in the earlier post. When you consider that adding up the individual dimensions shown does come close to the overall dimension of 256.10" and that two of the individual dimensions are significantly out of scale, it becomes obvious that the drawing does not show the true length of the limo. And your insistence on using the overall length of the limo as the basis for comparing the drawing to the image of Jerry's model is what is causing your delusion.

The H&E drawing does not show the windshield. That part in front is the dashboard.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Here is a photo of the "Queen Mary" that shows a side elevation view and the steep slope of the windshield. Both the "Queen Mary" and the JFK Limo were built by the same company (H&E). It is reasonable to believe that they could have started out with the drawing from the "Queen Mary" and revised it accordingly. The shape of the windshield on the JFK Limo drawing supports this idea.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1182 on: April 22, 2023, 04:40:24 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #1183 on: April 22, 2023, 05:14:09 PM »

Andrew, this should help to demonstrate what I explained in that earlier post.

I have taken your clever idea of superimposing Jerry's model over the H&E diagram and fitted the model length to the car:

The position of the doors and the length of the rear seating compartment in Jerry's model is farther forward that shown in the H&E diagram.  The question is, then, which is correct - the drawing or the model.