Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 122086 times)

Offline Jack Nessan

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #976 on: April 23, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »
Advertisement
  Andrew, I've been reading your stuff since you started this theory in the early 2000's at John McAdams newsgroup, and it still makes me shake my head in dismay that you are still arguing about this.   You should know by now that eyewitness accounts aren't always accurate, and this is why police officers do not rely totally on eyewitness accounts.   This seems to be all that you use are eyewitness accounts to attempt making a case.  I stopped relying on the eyewitness accounts years ago when I saw for myself that they're totally unreliable--especially when it comes to the SS agents riding behind the limousine.  One of them actually said he saw a bullet strike "The boss" in the back. IF that were true, why then didnt he say something about it to the other agents or he himself take off running to the limousine so they could run to JFK and cover him-therefore save his life?  Does that make any sense to you?  It doesn't to me. They were all too busy looking around trying to see where the sound of the rifle came from instead of doing their job!   Obviously, the agent was lying through his teeth.  The governor and Mrs. Connally's observations are in error as well.   The Z film proves this.  Mrs. Connally was facing straight ahead when JFK and her husband were struck.  She did not therefore see her husband struck by the bullet, she saw what happened AFTER he was struck.  Clint Hill...you watch him in the Zapruder film.  He may have seen JFK's arms fly upward, but there's no way he saw where JFK put his hands, because at no time does JFK ever go near his throat with his hands.  On top of this, Clint Hill casually turns his  head towards the area where the guy with the umbrella is standing and keeps his head turned in that direction in the film until he disappears from the sprocket area.  I remember reading years and years ago that "An open umbrella to the Secret Service is like a red flag to a bull". So upon reading that and seeing what Clint Hill is doing after the second shot has been fired--and knowing from the Zapruder film the unnatural position JFK was in with both arms splayed outward at the elbows, and Mrs. Kennedy then reaching over and placing both hands on his left arm and holding him--that, alone, should have alerted the SS agents that something was wrong with "The Boss", and since Hill said he saw JFK's hands "at his throat" (which is impossible from his position) after hearing the sound of the shot--even he didn't react as he should have sooner than he did.  The fact is, is that you are going by what these agents said they did here and there (and unfortunately for us, no film footage caught them gawking around instead of running to protect the president when they should have) in their testimony which in my opinion is absolutely worthless because they didn't do their jobs that day, were gawking around the plaza, or just casually sitting in their seats watching the president react to be shot in the back and head when they had nearly 5 seconds to react and rush to the limousine and save JFK's life.  Your frame 276 rifle shot makes zero sense.  There is no reaction by the governor, the occupants of the car, or Zapruder's camera jiggle to support such a bullet striking the governor at that point.

The understanding of the assassination is completely different if there is not the assumption there was three shots. The SS heard the first shot looked around and 5 seconds later it was all over with the second shot being the headshot. It is entirely possible, LHO having the rifle retracted inside the window to evade detection, caused the "firecracker sound" vs the loud sound of the second shot.

Glenn Bennett: From his original hand written notes that were written on AF1 on the way back to Washington DC. He  describes  two shots not three. There are two statements less than 24 hours apart. This first one is from Bennet's handwritten statement.

"I heard a noise that minded me of a firecracker. Immediately hearing the supposed firecracker I looked at the bosses car. At this time I saw a shot that hit the bosses back about 4 inches down from the right shoulder.  A second shot followed immediately that hit right rear high of the bosses head. "

Protective Assignment of S/A Bennett on 11122/63
at Dallas, Texas
Air Force Two landed at Love Field, Dallas, Texas at 11:35 A.M. Upon deplaning, I covered the fence and press areas. The President's plane arrived at approximately 11 :38 A.M. I stayed with the President and First Lady during the time they greeted the crowd on the apron and along the fence. The greeting lasted for about 10 minutes and the President/First Lady entered their car and the motorcade planned to depart. I asked while moving towards the follow-up car what position I should take, Mr. Roberts informed me that I should take the right rear seat of the follow-up. I took this position and held it during the entire motorcade. I left this rear seat position at one point in the trip to assist in getting well-wishers away from the President's auto. About thirty minutes after leaving Love Field about 12:25 P.M., the Motorcade entered an intersection and then proceeded down a grade. At this point the well-wishers numbered but a few; the motorcade continued down this grade enroute to the Trade Mart. At this point I heard what_sounded like a fire-cracker. I immediately looked from the right/crowd/physical area/and looked towards the President who was seated in the right rear seat of his limousine open convertible. At the moment I looked at the back of the President I heard another fire-cracker noise and saw the shot hit the President about four inches down from the right shoulder. A second shot followed immediately and hit the right rear high of the President's head. I immediately hollered "he's hit'' and reached for the AR-15 located on the floor of the rear seat. Special Agent Hickey had already picked-up the AR-I5. We peered towards the rear and particularly the right side of the area. I had drawn my revolver when I saw S/A Hickey had the AR15. I was unable to see anything or one that could have fired the shots. The President's car immediately kicked into high gear and the follow-up car followed.
The President's auto and the follow-up proceeded to the Parkland Hospital. Upon arriving at the hospital's parking lot, I was instructed by ASAIC Roberts to stay with the Vice-President who had followed us into the parking lot. I immediately went to the Vice-President's auto and accompanied him to a room on the ground floor of the hospital. I then continued with the Vice-President back to Washington, D.C. where I was relieved.
[signature]
Glen A. Bennett
Special Agent
11-23-63

-------------------------

Clint Hill was Jackies SS not JFK's. He was reacting to protect her not JFK.

Clint Hill -------two shots

Clint Hill heard the first shot and reacted to reach the car. The second shot or headshot took place while he was trying to reach the car.

On the left hand side was a grass area with a few people scattered along it observing the motorcade passing, and I was visually scanning these people when I heard a noise similar to a firecracker. The sound came from my right rear and I immediately moved my head in that direction. In so doing, my eyes had to cross the Presidential automobile and I saw the President hunch forward and then slump to his left. I jumped from the Follow-up car and ran toward the Presidential automobile. I heard a second firecracker type noise but it had a different sound-- like the sound of shooting a revolver into something hard. I saw the President slump more toward his left.

I jumped onto the left rear step of the Presidential automobile. Mrs. Kennedy shouted, "They've shot his head off;" then turned and raised out of her seat as if she were reaching to her right rear toward the back of the car for something that had blown out. I forced her back into her seat and placed my body above President and Mrs. Kennedy. SA Greer had, as I jumped onto the Presidential automobile, accelerated the Presidential automobile forward. I heard ASAIC Kellerman call SA Lawson on the two-way radio and say, "To the nearest hospital, quick." I shouted as loud as I could at the Lead car, "To the hospital, to the hospital."

The confusion with any of these people testimonies starts when a third shot is added to their testimonies. The point is in their original statements they only are aware of two shots and are then put into a position of inventing and then describing a shot that never happened so they are not aware of it and obviously never heard it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #976 on: April 23, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #977 on: April 25, 2022, 12:53:37 AM »
  Andrew, I've been reading your stuff since you started this theory in the early 2000's at John McAdams newsgroup, and it still makes me shake my head in dismay that you are still arguing about this.   You should know by now that eyewitness accounts aren't always accurate, and this is why police officers do not rely totally on eyewitness accounts.   
Well, at least you acknowledge that the witness evidence supports the 3 shot 3 hit, 1........2...3 shot pattern scenario.  We just differ on the importance and usefulness of that witness evidence.

Since you have concluded there were three shots, why do you think the witnesses were overwhelmingly right on the number of shots but overwhelmingly wrong on their recall of what the shots struck,  and overwhelmingly wrong on the pattern of the shots?

Unlike others who agree with the WC's ultimate conclusion, I don't think that I am better able to determine what the witnesses observed than the vast majority of the witnesses themselves.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #978 on: April 25, 2022, 02:38:56 AM »
Well, at least you acknowledge that the witness evidence supports the 3 shot 3 hit, 1........2...3 shot pattern scenario.  We just differ on the importance and usefulness of that witness evidence.

Since you have concluded there were three shots, why do you think the witnesses were overwhelmingly right on the number of shots but overwhelmingly wrong on their recall of what the shots struck,  and overwhelmingly wrong on the pattern of the shots?

Unlike others who agree with the WC's ultimate conclusion, I don't think that I am better able to determine what the witnesses observed than the vast majority of the witnesses themselves.

"...the witness evidence supports the 3 shot 3 hit..."

No, it doesn't.
A few posts prior I provided a list of almost 50 witnesses whose various statements support a shot after the head shot.
There is no evidence that either JFK or JBC were hit after the head shot, meaning only the first two shots caused the injuries.
We are both aware that there is contradictory witness testimony regarding this aspect of the shooting but you don't seem prepared to acknowledge this fact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #978 on: April 25, 2022, 02:38:56 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #979 on: April 25, 2022, 03:41:06 AM »
"...the witness evidence supports the 3 shot 3 hit..."

No, it doesn't.
A few posts prior I provided a list of almost 50 witnesses whose various statements support a shot after the head shot.
There is no evidence that either JFK or JBC were hit after the head shot, meaning only the first two shots caused the injuries.
We are both aware that there is contradictory witness testimony regarding this aspect of the shooting but you don't seem prepared to acknowledge this fact.
I'll let Steve Barber speak for himself. But my understanding is that he believes the first shot missed and the head shot was the third and last shot.

As far as your third shot after the head shot is concerned, the Connallys, Hickey, Greer, Altgens, Mary Woodward, Gayle Newman, Dave Powers and Clint Hill disagreed with you. These witnesses had distinct recollections either that the head shot was the last shot (Connallys, Hickey, Altgens, Woodward, Newman, Powers) or that, together with the zfilm, establish the head shot as the last shot (Greer and Hill).  Your arguments to the contrary do not persuade me that there was a shot after the head shot.

I have yet to find any witness other than Emmett Hudson in his July 1964 testimony (which contradicts his earlier statements in several key respects) who made a statement that the head shot was definitely not the last shot. 

You have offered Pat Speer's list of witnesses but none, except Hudson, said that the head shot was not the last shot.  According to Speer, anyone who recalled the headshot but recalled hearing only two shots would be classified as a witness supporting a shot after the head shot. That is simply not true.  The best that you can say is that their evidence does not preclude a third shot after the head shot if, as we both agree,  there were three shots.  But, by the same token, their evidence does not preclude the head shot being the last shot (with a second shot sounding before the head shot, being the shot that they did not recall).

« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 11:37:00 PM by Andrew Mason »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #980 on: April 26, 2022, 01:48:42 AM »
I'll let Steve Barber speak for himself. But my understanding is that he believes the first shot missed and the head shot was the third and last shot.

As far as your third shot after the head shot is concerned, the Connallys, Hickey, Greer, Altgens, Mary Woodward, Gayle Newman, Dave Powers and Clint Hill disagreed with you. These witnesses had distinct recollections either that the head shot was the last shot (Connallys, Hickey, Altgens, Woodward, Newman, Powers) or that, together with the zfilm, establish the head shot as the last shot (Greer and Hill).  Your arguments to the contrary do not persuade me that there was a shot after the head shot.

John Connally, Altgens and Hill only heard two shots.
The total statements of Hickey, Greer and Woodward support a shot after the head shot. Hickey and Woodward's statements have been dealt with a few posts back which you mustn't have read.

I have yet to find any witness other than Emmett Hudson in his July 1964 testimony (which contradicts his earlier statements in several key respects) who made a statement that the head shot was definitely not the last shot. 

Again, it is clear you've not read the post I am referring to. In it I post a statement from Harry Holmes:

"Anyway, about the first or second crack, I wouldn’t know which, there was just a cone of blood and corruption that went up right in the back of his head and neck. I thought it was red paper or a firecracker. It looked like a firecracker lit up which looks like little bits of red paper as it goes up. But in reality it was skull and brains and everything else that went up perhaps as much as six or eight feet. Just like that. Then just a minute later another crack..."

He is clearly describing a shot after the head shot

You have offered Pat Speer's list of witnesses but none, except Hudson, said that the head shot was not the last shot.

As demonstrated above, this is not true. Off the top of my head I know Brehm and Templin also state unequivocally there was a shot after the head shot.

According to Speer, anyone who recalled the headshot but recalled hearing only two shots would be classified as a witness supporting a shot after the head shot.

This is absolutely not true so I will not ask you to back this statement up.

Your collection of witnesses have been reduced to Nellie Connally, Dave Powers and Gayle Newman.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #980 on: April 26, 2022, 01:48:42 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #981 on: April 26, 2022, 08:26:25 PM »
John Connally, Altgens and Hill only heard two shots.
That is true for Connally and Hill, but not Altgens.  In any event not recalling hearing three shots doesn't mean that they did not provide clear evidence that there was no shot after the head shot.

Connally (4H141):
Governor CONNALLY. Yes, I do; I do have doubt, Congressman. I am not at all sure he was shooting at me. I think I could with some logic argue either way. The logic in favor of him, of the position that he was  shooting at me, is simply borne out by the fact that the man fired three shots, and he hit each of the three times he fired. He obviously was a pretty good marksman, so you have to assume to some extent at least that he was hitting what he was shooting at.

On the other hand, I think I could argue with equal logic that obviously his prime target, and I think really his sole target, was President Kennedy. His first shot, at least to him, he could not have but known the effect that it might have on the President. His second shot showed that he had clearly missed the President, and his result to him, as the result of the first shot, the President slumped and changed his position in the back seat just enough to expose my back. I haven’t seen all of the various positions, but again I think from where he was shooting I was in the direct line of fire immediately in front of the President, so any movement on the part of the President would expose me.

Altgens: (7H518)
I could vouch for No. 1, and I can vouch for the last shot, but I cannot tell you how many shots were in between. There was not another shot fired after the President was struck in the head. That was the last shot-that much I will say with a great degree of certainty.

Hill recalled hearing only two shots but the last shot he heard was the head shot. This fits with what Greer said and what is shown in the zfilm, that the shot after JBC fell back and as Greer was turned rearward the second time, there was a third and final shot which we can see was the head shot.

The total statements of Hickey, Greer and Woodward support a shot after the head shot. Hickey and Woodward's statements have been dealt with a few posts back which you mustn't have read.
I strongly disagree.  How you can ignore Hickey's clear statement that the second shot did not appear to strike JFK but the third did is a remarkable example of confirmation bias: trying to fit the evidence to a theory.  I have no idea how you think Greer provides evidence of a shot after the head shot. Neither of his statements prior to his WC testimony mention three shots but make it clear that he saw Gov. Connally start to fall when he looked back after the second shot.  We can see him turn to look back from z280 or so to z292 as JBC begins to fall back onto his wife.  Woodward did not describe the head shot in her Dallas Morning News report but that does not mean she did not see it or recall which of the shots it was.  She gave several interviews later. Here is one from 1993 where she describes the headshot being the third and last shot (beginning at 2:00):

Again, it is clear you've not read the post I am referring to. In it I post a statement from Harry Holmes:

"Anyway, about the first or second crack, I wouldn’t know which, there was just a cone of blood and corruption that went up right in the back of his head and neck. I thought it was red paper or a firecracker. It looked like a firecracker lit up which looks like little bits of red paper as it goes up. But in reality it was skull and brains and everything else that went up perhaps as much as six or eight feet. Just like that. Then just a minute later another crack..."

He is clearly describing a shot after the head shot
Where does this statement come from?  Do you have a cite with a date?  His WC statement is very different (7H291):

I had my binoculars on this car, on the Presidential car all the time. I realized something was wrong, but I thought they were dodging somebody throwing things at the car like firecrackers or something, but I did see dust fly up like a firecracker had burst up in the air.
Mr. BELIN. Where did you see the dust?
Mr. HOLMES. Off of President Kennedy and I couldn’t tell you which one of the cracks of the firecracker resulted in this.

As demonstrated above, this is not true. Off the top of my head I know Brehm and Templin also state unequivocally there was a shot after the head shot.
Brehm said he saw hair fly up on the right side of JFK's head on the second shot.  Driver SA Kinney reported seeing the same thing.  This is interesting because this could be used to support Hickey's recollection that the hair on the right side of JFK's head flew up on the second shot but did not appear to hit him.  Now, you might say that would be an odd thing to recall seeing and not describe seeing the head explode.  But that assumes that they were focused on the President at the time of the third shot.  Maybe they weren't.  Unfortunately, they were never questioned.

As far as Templin is concerned, there are no statements taken from him at any time remotely close to the events in question.  Do you have a cite for any statement of his that you think fits the third shot miss scenario?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 07:13:28 PM by Andrew Mason »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2022, 07:15:19 PM »
That is true for Connally and Hill, but not Altgens.  In any event not recalling hearing three shots doesn't mean that they did not provide clear evidence that there was no shot after the head shot.

Connally (4H141):
Governor CONNALLY. Yes, I do; I do have doubt, Congressman. I am not at all sure he was shooting at me. I think I could with some logic argue either way. The logic in favor of him, of the position that he was  shooting at me, is simply borne out by the fact that the man fired three shots, and he hit each of the three times he fired. He obviously was a pretty good marksman, so you have to assume to some extent at least that he was hitting what he was shooting at.

On the other hand, I think I could argue with equal logic that obviously his prime target, and I think really his sole target, was President Kennedy. His first shot, at least to him, he could not have but known the effect that it might have on the President. His second shot showed that he had clearly missed the President, and his result to him, as the result of the first shot, the President slumped and changed his position in the back seat just enough to expose my back. I haven’t seen all of the various positions, but again I think from where he was shooting I was in the direct line of fire immediately in front of the President, so any movement on the part of the President would expose me.

Altgens: (7H518)
I could vouch for No. 1, and I can vouch for the last shot, but I cannot tell you how many shots were in between. There was not another shot fired after the President was struck in the head. That was the last shot-that much I will say with a great degree of certainty.

Hill recalled hearing only two shots but the last shot he heard was the head shot. This fits with what Greer said and what is shown in the zfilm, that the shot after JBC fell back and as Greer was turned rearward the second time, there was a third and final shot which we can see was the head shot.

Anyone who reports only hearing two shots doesn't know when the "missing" shot was fired.
That's obvious.

I strongly disagree.  How you can ignore Hickey's clear statement that the second shot did not appear to strike JFK but the third did is a remarkable example of confirmation bias: trying to fit the evidence to a theory.

The interpretation is based on Speer's work. It has already been dealt with in this thread and, rather than rely on a single, confused statement, it takes all his statements into account.

I have no idea how you think Greer provides evidence of a shot after the head shot. Neither of his statements prior to his WC testimony mention three shots but make it clear that he saw Gov. Connally start to fall when he looked back after the second shot.  We can see him turn to look back from z280 or so to z292 as JBC begins to fall back onto his wife.  Woodward did not describe the head shot in her Dallas Morning News report but that does not mean she did not see it or recall which of the shots it was.  She gave several interviews later. Here is one from 1993 where she describes the headshot being the third and last shot (beginning at 2:10)

Woodward has already been dealt with in this thread.
Greer's many vague statements about the shooting can be interpreted in various ways, Speer's has this to say:

"As Greer, in his original statement, failed to mention how many shots he heard, and as he only told the Warren Commission he heard three shots after being asked a direct question, it seems possible he was trying to skirt the issue. Still, he let what was probably his true impressions sneak into his testimony. He testified that after Kellerman told him to “take off,” he couldn’t remember how many “shots or noises” he heard--when officially there could be but one. He also let it slip that after he turned back around from looking at Connally, which he does not do till frame 318, he heard another shot “right immediately after.” Sounds like the man heard four shots. That he later told an HSCA investigator he could recall hearing but two shots suggests the possibility he realized his predicament, and had convinced himself that he'd heard but two shots and their echoes."

Where does this statement come from?  Do you have a cite with a date?  His WC statement is very different (7H291):

I had my binoculars on this car, on the Presidential car all the time. I realized something was wrong, but I thought they were dodging somebody throwing things at the car like firecrackers or something, but I did see dust fly up like a firecracker had burst up in the air.
Mr. BELIN. Where did you see the dust?
Mr. HOLMES. Off of President Kennedy and I couldn’t tell you which one of the cracks of the firecracker resulted in this.

No More Silence, p.351-374, published 1998

Brehm said he saw hair fly up on the right side of JFK's head on the second shot.  Driver SA Kinney reported seeing the same thing.  This is interesting because this could be used to support Hickey's recollection that the hair on the right side of JFK's head flew up on the second shot but did not appear to hit him.  Now, you might say that would be an odd thing to recall seeing and not describe seeing the head explode.  But that assumes that they were focused on the President at the time of the third shot.  Maybe they weren't.  Unfortunately, they were never questioned.
You're now dragging Brehm into the "fringe ruffle" nonsense?
It's a reference to the head shot - when large chunks of scalp flew upwards.

"According to Brehm, the President seemed to stiffen and come to a pause when another shot sounded and the President appeared to be badly hit in the head.  Brehm said when the President was hit by the second shot, he could notice the President’s hair fly up and then roll over to his side, as Mrs. Kennedy was apparently pulling him in that direction. Brehm said that a third shot followed and that all three shots were relatively close together."     [11-24-63 interview with the FBI, 22H837-838]

As far as Templin is concerned, there are no statements taken from him at any time remotely close to the events in question.  Do you have a cite for any statement of his that you think fits the third shot miss scenario?

"...the president kind of threw his shoulders up a little bit and kind of laid his head back on the back of the seat, and I thought, well, he’s just playing and playing the crowd and acting silly, you know. Being human, not knowing that he had been hit. But the second shot was probably another forty to fifty foot further down, and it blew the right side of his head off, as near as I could tell. I was close enough that I could see that. I could see his hair depart from his head actually." (When asked to confirm that this was the second shot) "That was the second shot, sir, and some say it was the third shot killed him, but as I recall—and I’ll believe it till my dying day—it was the second shot...was the fatal shot that hit him in the head and killed him.
(When asked if he heard a third shot) "Yes sir, I did, but I had already turned my attention to where I thought maybe the shots were coming from—behind us. I didn’t know exactly where"                                                                                     
                                                                                     [7-28-95 Oral History interview for the Sixth Floor Museum]

Note that, yet again, Templin is specifically equating the head shot with hair flying up ("I could see his hair depart from his head")

Obviously we are now in the tit-for-tat world of contradictory eye-witness evidence.
The original point being a shot after the head shot is most certainly not ruled out by the eye-witness testimony, far from it, there is just as much, if not more, witness testimony supporting a shot after the head shot than there is for 3 shots, 3 hits.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 07:17:45 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2022, 07:15:19 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #983 on: April 28, 2022, 02:40:47 PM »
Anyone who reports only hearing two shots doesn't know when the "missing" shot was fired.
That's obvious.

The interpretation is based on Speer's work. It has already been dealt with in this thread and, rather than rely on a single, confused statement, it takes all his statements into account.

Woodward has already been dealt with in this thread.
Greer's many vague statements about the shooting can be interpreted in various ways, Speer's has this to say:

"As Greer, in his original statement, failed to mention how many shots he heard, and as he only told the Warren Commission he heard three shots after being asked a direct question, it seems possible he was trying to skirt the issue. Still, he let what was probably his true impressions sneak into his testimony. He testified that after Kellerman told him to “take off,” he couldn’t remember how many “shots or noises” he heard--when officially there could be but one. He also let it slip that after he turned back around from looking at Connally, which he does not do till frame 318, he heard another shot “right immediately after.” Sounds like the man heard four shots. That he later told an HSCA investigator he could recall hearing but two shots suggests the possibility he realized his predicament, and had convinced himself that he'd heard but two shots and their echoes."

No More Silence, p.351-374, published 1998
You're now dragging Brehm into the "fringe ruffle" nonsense?
It's a reference to the head shot - when large chunks of scalp flew upwards.

"According to Brehm, the President seemed to stiffen and come to a pause when another shot sounded and the President appeared to be badly hit in the head.  Brehm said when the President was hit by the second shot, he could notice the President’s hair fly up and then roll over to his side, as Mrs. Kennedy was apparently pulling him in that direction. Brehm said that a third shot followed and that all three shots were relatively close together."     [11-24-63 interview with the FBI, 22H837-838]

"...the president kind of threw his shoulders up a little bit and kind of laid his head back on the back of the seat, and I thought, well, he’s just playing and playing the crowd and acting silly, you know. Being human, not knowing that he had been hit. But the second shot was probably another forty to fifty foot further down, and it blew the right side of his head off, as near as I could tell. I was close enough that I could see that. I could see his hair depart from his head actually." (When asked to confirm that this was the second shot) "That was the second shot, sir, and some say it was the third shot killed him, but as I recall—and I’ll believe it till my dying day—it was the second shot...was the fatal shot that hit him in the head and killed him.
(When asked if he heard a third shot) "Yes sir, I did, but I had already turned my attention to where I thought maybe the shots were coming from—behind us. I didn’t know exactly where"                                                                                     
                                                                                     [7-28-95 Oral History interview for the Sixth Floor Museum]

Note that, yet again, Templin is specifically equating the head shot with hair flying up ("I could see his hair depart from his head")

Obviously we are now in the tit-for-tat world of contradictory eye-witness evidence.
The original point being a shot after the head shot is most certainly not ruled out by the eye-witness testimony, far from it, there is just as much, if not more, witness testimony supporting a shot after the head shot than there is for 3 shots, 3 hits.

Three obvious observations. You are ignoring the vast majority of the eyewitness testimony, the shell evidence, bullet evidence, and why would anyone shoot at two men lying down on the seats and then to add insult to injury miss the whole car?

A number of these witnesses started out as two shot witnesses and then added the third shot to what they already had witnessed. The only place that made sense to them, based on what they knew, was to add a shot after the headshot. Two shots only is supported by all the evidence. This scenario is not supported by any evidence.

Altgens:

"There was not another shot fired after the President was struck in the head. That was the last shot--that much I will say with a great degree of certainty."