Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 119660 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: The First Shot
« Reply #720 on: February 17, 2021, 02:05:49 AM »
Advertisement
I'm of the opinion that the bullet that struck JBC's wrist fragmented on impact, there is a relatively large entrance wound on the lateral side of his arm just above the wrist and a small slit-like exit in the crease of his wrist, plus metallic particles embedded in his wrist.
This bullet is not CE399
The bullet that struck JFK's head also fragmented, spraying the front of the limo.
This bullet is not CE399
Of course  a much simpler explanation that I suggest is a better fit with the trajectory is that CE399 passed through JFK and stuck in JBC's thigh.
And one bullet missed - who knows what happened to that? Could that somehow be CE399? I doubt it very much.

Where did CE 399 come from?
A corridor in Parkland hospital.
How did it get there?
Who knows beyond speculation.
3 shots, 3 hits fits all the evidence including the fact that Oswald fired all 3 shots.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:13:30 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #720 on: February 17, 2021, 02:05:49 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #721 on: February 17, 2021, 04:59:46 AM »
Of course  a much simpler explanation that I suggest is a better fit with the trajectory is that CE399 passed through JFK and stuck in JBC's thigh. 3 shots, 3 hits fits all the evidence including the fact that Oswald fired all 3 shots.

It doesn't fit with all the evidence does it though.
The Z-film is evidence.
It proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that bullet passing through JBC, shattering his wrist did not occur in the z270's.
Not to mention it is a physical impossibility a shot from the TSBD could have passed through JBC and hit his wrist in front of his chest around the z270's because of his seated position.

It fits "all the evidence" you want it to fit.
You rely almost totally on contradictory eye-witness accounts.

And as for the neck-to-thigh shot...
Apart from the physical impossibility of it, try to explain how the bullet, barely slowed down after passing through JFK, doesn't pass through JBC's leg.
How does the bullet just fall out of his leg?

"All the evidence"?

A first shot through the oak tree in the z190's?  I don't think so.

Explain how, in frame z222 we see JBC's shirt cuff above the limo door and in z223, 0.055 seconds later it has disappeared down beneath the door.
Coincidentally, the beginning of the incredibly rapid movement of his arm in the following frames.

Explain the right side of JBC's jacket suddenly bulging forward at the same moment, the part of his jacket we know a bullet passed through.

"All the evidence"?

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #722 on: February 17, 2021, 05:23:10 AM »
It doesn't fit with all the evidence does it though.
The Z-film is evidence.
I say it fits the zfilm.  It just doesn't fit what you think the zfilm should show if JBC was hit in the back and wrist at z271-272.

It proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that bullet passing through JBC, shattering his wrist did not occur in the z270's.
Well, it does not show what you think it should show if JBC's wrist was shattered at z271-272.
Not to mention it is a physical impossibility a shot from the TSBD could have passed through JBC and hit his wrist in front of his chest around the z270's because of his seated position.
Physically impossible? Not if the bullet deflected on hitting the fifth rib.  Keep in mind that it did not penetrate the rib where it struck it in the back.  That means it deflected and followed the rib until the last 10 cm of the fifth rib. Then, it passed through the rib and exited just below the right nipple.  On exiting the chest it struck the right wrist that was then pressed into the chest. It deflected off the back of the wrist (ie. to the left) It did not exit through the french cuff on the palm side of the wrist. 

How could the bullet not have made a hole in the palm side of the cuff similar to the hole in the dorsal side if it exited the palm side of the wrist? And how does it deflect over to the left side?  How does it deflect around the point of contact on the radius?

And as for the neck-to-thigh shot...
Apart from the physical impossibility of it, try to explain how the bullet, barely slowed down after passing through JFK, doesn't pass through JBC's leg.
How does the bullet just fall out of his leg?
Dr,. Shires thought the bullet hole in his thigh could have been made by a pristine bullet if it hit at an oblique angle.  We don't have enough evidence to say anything more than that the trajectory from the SN through JFK's neck to JBC's left side works.  And the wound in the thigh is consistent with having been made by the butt end of CE399.  If we knew exactly where and how the bullet fell out of JBC, I would have a better answer for you.

"All the evidence"?

A first shot through the oak tree in the z190's?  I don't think so.

Explain how, in frame z222 we see JBC's shirt cuff above the limo door and in z223, 0.055 seconds later it has disappeared down beneath the door.
Coincidentally, the beginning of the incredibly rapid movement of his arm in the following frames.
It is not all that rapid. It moves from slightly above the edge of the car to out of sight in 55 ms.  So it moves maybe as much as 3 inches in 55 ms. which is about 55 inches in a second.   I can move my arm that fast quite easily.  It looks to me like JBC is moving his arms so he can turn around to see JFK.  That's what he said he did.  And that is what he does immediately after.  The Newmans saw him turn around to look at JFK after the first shot and before the second. After the second, they observed him holding his stomach and falling back.

Explain the right side of JBC's jacket suddenly bulging forward at the same moment, the part of his jacket we know a bullet passed through.

"All the evidence"?
I have. Several times. It doesn't bulge. The lapel moves.  In z224 the jacket looks very similar to z222.  The question is what happened between z222-223 and why did it go back to looking like z222 in the next frame?  The obvious answer, is that the jacket moved or it was a combination of jacket motion and shadow. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 05:33:48 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #722 on: February 17, 2021, 05:23:10 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #723 on: February 17, 2021, 01:24:01 PM »
I say it fits the zfilm.  It just doesn't fit what you think the zfilm should show if JBC was hit in the back and wrist at z271-272.
Well, it does not show what you think it should show if JBC's wrist was shattered at z271-272.Physically impossible? Not if the bullet deflected on hitting the fifth rib.  Keep in mind that it did not penetrate the rib where it struck it in the back.  That means it deflected and followed the rib until the last 10 cm of the fifth rib. Then, it passed through the rib and exited just below the right nipple.  On exiting the chest it struck the right wrist that was then pressed into the chest. It deflected off the back of the wrist (ie. to the left) It did not exit through the french cuff on the palm side of the wrist. 

How could the bullet not have made a hole in the palm side of the cuff similar to the hole in the dorsal side if it exited the palm side of the wrist? And how does it deflect over to the left side?  How does it deflect around the point of contact on the radius?
Dr,. Shires thought the bullet hole in his thigh could have been made by a pristine bullet if it hit at an oblique angle.  We don't have enough evidence to say anything more than that the trajectory from the SN through JFK's neck to JBC's left side works.  And the wound in the thigh is consistent with having been made by the butt end of CE399.  If we knew exactly where and how the bullet fell out of JBC, I would have a better answer for you.
It is not all that rapid. It moves from slightly above the edge of the car to out of sight in 55 ms.  So it moves maybe as much as 3 inches in 55 ms. which is about 55 inches in a second.   I can move my arm that fast quite easily.  It looks to me like JBC is moving his arms so he can turn around to see JFK.  That's what he said he did.  And that is what he does immediately after.  The Newmans saw him turn around to look at JFK after the first shot and before the second. After the second, they observed him holding his stomach and falling back.
I have. Several times. It doesn't bulge. The lapel moves.  In z224 the jacket looks very similar to z222.  The question is what happened between z222-223 and why did it go back to looking like z222 in the next frame?  The obvious answer, is that the jacket moved or it was a combination of jacket motion and shadow.

"I say it fits the zfilm."

This shows the moment you believe a bullet, deflected at an impossible angle through JBC's body, exits his chest, shatters JBC's wrist, leaves metallic fragments in the wrist and two of the fragments then go on to cause crack the windshield and dent the chrome trim in the front of the limo (in the Z-film, neither Greer nor Kellerman show any kind of reaction to what must appear to be 'a flurry of shells' coming into the front of the limo. The 'ducking' reaction both men perform after the headshot is clearly the moment the 'flurry of shells' hits the windshield and chrome trim)

Problems with your proposal:

1) The impossibility of "no movement" - taking the blur into account, JBC's wrist doesn't move one inch. The massive impact doesn't move any part of his hand in anyway. Remember, in your scenario, without any evidence to support it, you insist JBC's wrist is somehow compressed against his chest, this is something you've never bothered to really explain. If you are trying to say his wrist is trapped between his chest and the back of his jump seat, it is yet another example of the physical impossibilities you are happy to include in your model. For his wrist to be trapped in the way you suggest JBC's body would have to be facing directly towards the back of the limo. Even then, such a massive impact would cause movement in his wrist because, as you seem to be deliberately unaware of, the hand can rotate on the wrist, the hand and arm are not one stiff unit. In the scenario you are presenting JBC's arm and hand need to be somehow trapped against an object not visible in the Z-film.
2) The impossibility of the fragment trajectory - in your model, the bullet exiting JBC's chest should travel straight through JBC's wrist, side-to-side. While JBC's shirt and Jacket sleeve have a hole on one side, they don't on the other which they should if the bullet/fragments travel directly through the wrist. You explain this apparent anomaly by saying the bullet fragments against his wrist, with some of the larger fragments flying off to cause the damage to the front of the limo. When we look at the Gif above, the impossibility of what you're suggesting becomes apparent. In it we see the back of JBC's bare wrist is higher than the part with the cuff, his hand compressed against his chest (according to you and no-one else). The fragments of the bullets deflecting off JBC's wrist and moving in the direction of the front of the limo, would not be able to pass JBC's hand pressed against his chest. It's impossible.
3) The impossibility of the injuries - As touched on in the last point, the bullet exiting JBC's chest would pass directly through his wrist side-to-side. However, the actual injuries to his wrist demonstrate the bullet/fragment entered his arm a few inches above his wrist and exited at the crease of his wrist. It has not travelled side-to-side but "diagonally" from higher up his arm to the wrist crease. This kind of injury is impossible in your proposed model.

Regardless of all the physical impossibilities you have to overcome you will carry on regardless. You have no choice.
And these are only some of the physical impossibilities your model is entertaining.
How is reasonable debate possible?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:49:14 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #724 on: February 17, 2021, 04:52:14 PM »
The 'ducking' reaction both men perform after the headshot is clearly the moment the 'flurry of shells' hits the windshield and chrome trim)
So are you suggesting that the third shot after the headshot and struck the windshield?  What did it strike before the fragments hit the windshield?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #724 on: February 17, 2021, 04:52:14 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #725 on: February 17, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »
So are you suggesting that the third shot after the headshot and struck the windshield?  What did it strike before the fragments hit the windshield?

The 'ducking' reaction is caused by the fragments from the headshot.
Headshot - fragments - reaction

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #726 on: February 17, 2021, 05:52:32 PM »
Or maybe they were "ducking" because of the spray of brain matter, which sprayed not only over the interior of the car but also onto the hood.  Tague said he was not hit on the cheek on the third shot nor was he hit on the first.  Greer said he sense a "concussion" on the second shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #726 on: February 17, 2021, 05:52:32 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #727 on: February 17, 2021, 05:58:06 PM »
Not to sidetrack this too much but I have always been confused by Kellermann's usage of the phrase "flurry of shells come into the car." Later, he said "flurry of shots." Shells or shots or what?

When asked for more details, he said this:
Mr. SPECTER. Now, in your prior testimony you described a flurry of shells into the car. How many shots did you hear after the first noise which you described as sounding like a firecracker?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Mr. Specter, these shells came in all together.
Mr. SPECTER. Are you able to say how many you heard?
Mr. KELLERMAN. I am going to say two, and it was like a double bang--bang, bang.

Two shots or shells, for me, is not a "flurry" of anything.

I would guess that the sounds of the fragments hitting the chrome and the windshield must have sounded like shots. Or shells. Or something. But he said just two "shells."

In any case, as I've said above, trying to discern all of this from the accounts will drive you mad. It's frustrating as hell and I gave up on it a long time ago.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:09:47 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »