Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 122339 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2020, 08:09:54 AM »
Advertisement

I have shown how the trajectory of a first shot between z190 and z200 through JFK's neck would have gone to the left side of JBC's midline.

I think I've missed that, could you point me to it.

The problem with discounting a neck to left thigh path for the bullet is that no one has ever considered it.  If it is so outlandish it would have been easy to reject as even a possibility.  The trajectory certainly can work if the positions of the two men were such that the neck wound and thigh wound aligned with a shot from the SN at some point.  We would be able to determine what conditions are required in order for the trajectory to work and then see if those conditions are met at some point. I suggest that they could have all been met at a point between z190-205, which also fits with the witness evidence.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.
That the bullet passed through JFK and JBC without any deflection from JFK's neck to JBC's left thigh?

We would then the have to consider the wounds. It seems to me that all the wounds and the CE399 bullet are consistent with passing through JFK 's neck, knicking the tie knot then tumbling - perhaps getting tangled in the drape of the jacket before striking JBC's left thigh (and either sticking in the thigh or perhaps continuing at a slowed speed and striking the wall in front and landing on JBC's lap). It would certainly provide an explanation for the condition of CE399 that is much less problematic than the SBT. 

You seem to be suggesting a shot that passes through JFK's neck the hits JBC's thigh without passing through his torso.
I can't be reading that right, surely?
I'm getting a bit confused.
The bullet gets "tangled in the drape of the jacket"? What a clumsy bullet.
"...striking the wall"? What wall? Did JBC get shot at home?
The idea that CE399 was stuck in JBC's thigh then fell out, as if the entry wound left a cylinder-shaped hole in his leg, has surely been debunked. If not, it should be.?

There is a significant body of evidence for a shot there. It would be necessary in order to fit the 1......2...3 shot pattern evidence if z313 was the last shot.

How can it be evidence if you've assumed z313 was the last shot?

It would also fit SA Hickey's evidence, Greer's evidence, the Connally's evidence, the first shot hitting JFK evidence,

Hickey saw hair move from a position he could not have possibly seen the slight ruffle of JFK's fringe line. The two shots he heard are described as being almost simultaneous.  How can a reference to a hair ruffle in the z270's and the headshot at z313 be described as almost simultaneous? The hair flying up is a reference to the headshot,
Stop using Greer, he's been totally discredited (and the way you phrase your sentence you imply Greer provided evidence for the first shot hitting JFK. Hmmm...)
Connally describes shouting "Oh. no, no, no" immediately after being hit. He can actually be seen in the Z-film doing this and it's long before the z270's

BTW, how do you explain the sudden motion of JBC from z272-278:

How do you explain his truly extreme reaction from z225 to z230?

PS: I get the impression you're posting images and Gifs but they're not coming up on the pages I'm getting.
Can you see them when you look at the forum pages because I can't?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2020, 08:09:54 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2020, 01:55:03 PM »
Because it's accurate.

Thomas Purvis claims that it is an “illusion of precision”:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ngarchive/Altered_Evidence.pdf

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2020, 02:50:34 PM »
More feasible with a shot that enters from behind at the Z220s rather than through the shoulder from the side at Z271.
Show us.  I gave you the baby with shoulders turned and looking backward.  Not a great model but it was the only thing I could find. A shot through the armpit on a downward path (JBC was also leaning back) comes out around the nipple on the same side. Where is your photo?

He could see you were showing him manipulated drawings with shoe-horns, so he entertained you and gave you a noncommittal answer to get rid of you.

I believe Dr. Gregory had a drawing showing the bullet might have gone through the wrist on the outer side of the radius. It is of a left hand because he was drawing with his right hand. It has been flipped below.

I don't know, but the Xray seems to show the "criss-cross" that could be an impact point is on the outer side of the radius.

Don't you still have to have a fragment exit the palm side at Z271?

The impact is definitely on the back/top or dorsal side of the wrist. It struck the radius hard enough to break off at least 2 shards that were removed from the wound and it dragged wool fibres into the wound.  But the exit wound on the palm or volar side of the wrist could have been made by a bullet fragment or a secondary missile such as a bone fragment.  This was contemplated by Dr. Shaw (6H91):

Dr. SHAW. Ordinarily, we usually find the wound of entrance is smaller than the
wound of exit. In the Governor’s wound on the wrist, however, if the wound
on the dorsum of the wrist is the wound of entrance, and this large missile passed
directly through his radius, I’m not clear as to why there was not a larger wound
of exit than there was.
Mr. SPECTER. You mean out through the wrist than it did?
Dr. SHAW. Yes; if a whole bullet hit here--
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating the dorsal aspect?
Dr. SHAW. Yes; and came out through here, and the bone was left in the wrist-the bone
did not come out. In other words, when it struck the fifth rib it made a hole
this big around (indicating) in the chest in carrying bone fragments out through
the chest wall.
Mr. SPECTER. Wouldn’t that same question arise if it went through the volar
aspect and exited through the dorsal aspect?
Dr. SHAW. It wouldn’t if you postulated that the bullet did not pass through
the wrist, but struck the wrist.
Mr. SPECTER. That would be present in either event, though, if you postulated
if the bullet struck the dorsal aspect of the wrist, and did not pass through, but
only a missile passed through the volar aspect.
Dr. SHAW. Yes;...

Now, Mason, isn't there the bulk of a Stetson hat between Connally's right hand and his chest? Yet you have his right hand against his chest.
That's what it looks like, Jerry. The stetson is below the wrist. He is holding the brim.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 02:52:01 PM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2020, 02:50:34 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2020, 03:46:55 PM »

I think I've missed that, could you point me to it.
I posted this 3D image.  (I don't know why you are not getting them - use a computer not your phone):

I'm not sure what you're saying here.
That the bullet passed through JFK and JBC without any deflection from JFK's neck to JBC's left thigh?
That seems to be the trajectory and it fits the thigh wound characteristics of being struck by the butt end of an intact bullet.

You seem to be suggesting a shot that passes through JFK's neck the hits JBC's thigh without passing through his torso.
I can't be reading that right, surely?
I'm getting a bit confused.
You have not been paying attention to my posts or to Jerry's mocking of them!
The bullet gets "tangled in the drape of the jacket"? What a clumsy bullet.
?? The bullet was likely tumbling after exiting JFK's neck and striking the tie knot.
"...striking the wall"? What wall? Did JBC get shot at home?
Do you not see the partition or "wall" in front of the jump seats?
The idea that CE399 was stuck in JBC's thigh then fell out, as if the entry wound left a cylinder-shaped hole in his leg, has surely been debunked. If not, it should be.?
That is the general consensus - that CE399 caused the thigh wound and fell out onto JBC's stretcher at some point. When it fell out of the wound is not known, of course.

How can it be evidence if you've assumed z313 was the last shot?
??I haven't "assumed" it as a hypothetical. There IS evidence that the head shot was the last shot. 
Hickey saw hair move from a position he could not have possibly seen the slight ruffle of JFK's fringe line. The two shots he heard are described as being almost simultaneous.  How can a reference to a hair ruffle in the z270's and the headshot at z313 be described as almost simultaneous? The hair flying up is a reference to the headshot,
Stop using Greer, he's been totally discredited (and the way you phrase your sentence you imply Greer provided evidence for the first shot hitting JFK. Hmmm...)
Greer has not been discredited.  He was obviously wrong in suggesting that he did not slow down. But that does not mean he was wrong on other details.  His turn is corroborated by the zfilm: he said he turned and saw JBC falling back onto his wife.  We can see that is what JBC is doing from z280-285, which is when he is turned around.
Connally describes shouting "Oh. no, no, no" immediately after being hit. He can actually be seen in the Z-film doing this and it's long before the z270's
Nellie said that her husband uttered "Oh, no, no, no" BEFORE the second shot:
Nellie Connally (4H147)
Then very soon there was the second shot that hit John. As the first shot
was hit, and I turned to look at the same time, I recall John saying, “Oh, no,
no, no.” Then there was a second shot, and it hit John, and as he recoiled to
the right, just crumpled like a wounded animal to the right, he said, “My God,
they are going to kill us all.”

The Governor, at least in 1978, was not sure when he was hit (1 HSCA 43):
When I was hit, or shortly before I was hit-no, I guess it was
after I was hit-I said first, just almost in despair, I said, "no, no,
no," just thinking how tragic it was that we had gone through this
24 hours, it had all been so wonderful and so beautifully executed.
The President had been so marvelously received and then here,
at the last moment, this great tragedy. I just said, "no, no, no, no."
Then I said right after I was hit, I said, "My God, they are going to
kill us all."

Gov. Connally was quoted in Life magazine Nov. 25, 1966 at p. 48 as saying:
"Between the time I heard the first shot and felt the impact of the other bullet that obviously hit me, I sensed something was wrong and said, 'Oh,no, no, no.' After I felt the impact I glanced down and saw that my whole chest was covered with blood."

How do you explain his truly extreme reaction from z225 to z230?
He is responding to the first shot about a second or so before, after he has determined that it was a rifle shot and an assassination was occurring. He said he turned around to try to see the President.  That is exactly what he does from z230-270. When do you see him turn around trying to see JFK before then?
PS: I get the impression you're posting images and Gifs but they're not coming up on the pages I'm getting.
Can you see them when you look at the forum pages because I can't?
Where are you located and what are you using to view pages?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
One just has to determine the direction of a line between the entrance and exit wound locations with the torso twisted about 75 degrees as seen in the z271 and 272 and compare to a line from the SN to the entrance wound.  I was trying to find a photo of a twisted naked torso but, alas, this is the best I could come up with:

But even with that, you can easily see that the path from the armpit to nipple does not go through lung let alone the other side. That is because the rib cage is articulated by the ribs and the shoulders move more than parts lower down.  So just because JBC's shoulders are turned 75 degrees the relative positions of the armpit and right nipple do not change that much. In fact, it moves the right nipple farther to the right making the line from the armpit to the nipple align closer to a shot from the rear.
This shows an angle of the bullet path to the car about 8 degrees.  I can't get anywhere near 8 degrees at z224. It is more like 12.5 degrees.  Besides, this shows JBC with his head out over the console between the jump seats and has his shoulders turned quite a bit right from forward.  That does not fit z224 that I can see.  He is facing forward at that time.

One of the problems that I have with your contention of a separate bullet hitting JBC’s left thigh is that the twisted torso posture you show with his left leg pointed in the opposite direction isn’t comfortable and requires constant tension to maintain. Maintaining this posture for any significant length of time would be unlikely. With the plethora of images showing JBC seated well inboard of JFK and turned to the right (which span the length of the motorcade), I believe that JBC shifted to the left side of the seat and turned his legs to the right as far as the space between him and the door of the limo allowed. This leg position makes it much easier to maintain the half turned posture so that he could address both the crowd on his side of the limo and turn a little more to chat with JFK occasionally. Here is an image showing a man in a chair. His legs are turned to the left so he can look to his left side. Whereas JBC was turned to his right. But this is the general idea (a more relaxed posture which allows one to turn further to the right than would be possible with the legs straight forward, etc).

https://images.app.goo.gl/acH2BjHnwm6jcf2i6

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2020, 05:44:30 PM »

One of the problems that I have with your contention of a separate bullet hitting JBC’s left thigh is that the twisted torso posture you show with his left leg pointed in the opposite direction isn’t comfortable and requires constant tension to maintain. Maintaining this posture for any significant length of time would be unlikely. With the plethora of images showing JBC seated well inboard of JFK and turned to the right (which span the length of the motorcade), I believe that JBC shifted to the left side of the seat and turned his legs to the right as far as the space between him and the door of the limo allowed. This leg position makes it much easier to maintain the half turned posture so that he could address both the crowd on his side of the limo and turn a little more to chat with JFK occasionally. Here is an image showing a man in a chair. His legs are turned to the left so he can look to his left side. Whereas JBC was turned to his right. But this is the general idea (a more relaxed posture which allows one to turn further to the right than would be possible with the legs straight forward, etc).
I can't disagree with you if you are referring to your photo.  But Connally was not sitting on a chair like that.  He was sitting on a jump seat mounted on the floor with his feet on the floor so his knees were up:

Try sitting like that and NOT keeping your legs apart.  Now that is uncomfortable (assuming, Charles, that you are a male).  Also, with the door on the right keeping his right knee in front, the only way to keep the legs apart would be to have the left knee out to the left.  Given the upward angle of the legs, that is a pretty natural place to have the left leg:

He is turned perhaps a bit more to the right around at z190-200 than my photo, above, shows. But he was certainly not turned  as in your photo:

It is not that difficult to slide to the left side of the seat when one wants to turn.   This photo taken on Houston just before the turn onto Elm shows JBC in the middle of his jump seat:

I don't see any turn to the rear until z230-270.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:23:26 PM by Andrew Mason »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »
I can't disagree with you if you are referring to your photo.  But Connally was not sitting on a chair like that.  He was sitting on a jump seat mounted on the floor with his feet on the floor so his knees were up:

Try sitting like that and NOT keeping your legs apart.  Now that is uncomfortable (assuming, Charles, that you are a male).

Also, Connally was not turned around at z190-200 as in your photo:

He was turned a bit more than is depicted here:

I agree that his knees were elevated due to the seat being close to the floorboard. However, simple geometry shows that if he shifted to the left side of the seat and turned his legs to the right as far as the limo door allowed, that he gained approximately 7” of space to extend his feet further away than would be possible if his legs were facing forward. This would effectively lower his knees to a more comfortable position. And as far as keeping his legs apart, there is a difference in keeping them apart enough for comfort and having them splayed way apart as your computer model shows. Even the picture I provided has the man’s arm between his legs. So they are not completely together.

And the photo you provided was taken from directly behind. Take one from the same angle as the bullet would have to be if fired at Z190-Z200 (I estimate it to be about 18 to 19-degrees) and see if the left thigh is visible to the camera. (And just how comfortable that position would be to hold.)

Edit to reply to your last added remark:

You need to look at the entire Zapruder film. And if you missed it, Don Roberdeau has a very good graph on his map that shows JBC turning his head from about 80-degrees to the right to about 30-degrees to his left between Z140 and Z160, then back to about 80-degrees to his right by Z-170. That is all accomplished in 30 Z-frames (or about 1-1/2 seconds). The other three in the back of the limo had similar reactions at about the same time. To me that is most likely indicative of a reaction to the first shot.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:25:49 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »

here's an attempt to model a shot through Kennedy in the Z190s (Note: this is not a SBT demonstration!).

I choose Z193 because it is a pretty clear frame and it still shows Connally's chest. Not much is going to change in the seven foot progression to Z200. This is an older figure model set I had been using, with strict anatomical positioning and a barrel chest. It doesn't show Kennedy's head slouched forward or the clothing bunch.

Even with JBC's left leg over towards the middle of the car, the bullet would end up in Connally's right shoulder mass.

Mason has the entire torso, including the waist, turned. But the waist area would be more or less untwisted. Mason needs that area out of the way so his bullet can get pass Connally and strike the thigh. He's also claiming fragment strikes to the "wall" in front of Connally and to the driver-side sun-visor. No such such damage (holes) was reported in those areas.

Mason wants everything his own way (without any realistic proof) for his pet Theory but every little thing about the SBT has to proven to an extraordinary degree.

Images from his site have failed to load on my laptop. Seems to work better on the desktop, which has the latest Windows 10 (those it failed to load there sometimes or the images loaded in later on). Maybe a credential problem at his site that some anti-virus software detects. Mason is so smart he can figure it out.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:51:50 PM by Jerry Organ »