Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 122073 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »
Advertisement
One major difference.
Willis has photographic proof.
Aynesworth has none.

What do we see in the Willis photo that proves it was taken simultaneously with the first shot?

I see some things that suggest it was taken well after the first shot:

• Mrs. Kennedy and the Connallys are looking to their right; all said they turned their heads in reaction to hearing the first shot; the Connallys beginning in the Z160s and Mrs. Kennedy in the Z170s. Willis05 was taken at Z202. Willis himself stated:

"Mrs. Kennedy was likewise smiling and facing more to my side of
         the street. When the first shot was fired, her head seemed to just
         snap in that direction ... she turned to the right toward him."
  • Agent John Ready is looking off to his right; he also said he did this in response to the first shot.
  • Agent Bennett (between the Betzner and Willis photos) moves his head from his right to his left:

"I immediately looked from the right/crowd/physical area/and
         looked towards the President who was seated in the right
         rear seat of his limousine open convertible."

My timing of the Willis photo is that it was taken about 2.4 seconds after the first shot and 1.14 seconds before the second shot. If it happened that way, the Willis photo was "simultaneous" with the first two shots, but not a particular shot. Willis was sort of telling the truth, Ted Cruz-style.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:29:27 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »

What do we see in the Willis photo that proves it was taken simultaneously with the first shot?

I see some things that suggest it was taken well after the first shot:

• Mrs. Kennedy and the Connallys are looking to their right; all said they turned their heads in reaction to hearing the first shot; the Connallys beginning in the Z160s and Mrs. Kennedy in the Z170s. Willis05 was taken at Z202. Willis himself stated:

"Mrs. Kennedy was likewise smiling and facing more to my side of
         the street. When the first shot was fired, her head seemed to just
         snap in that direction ... she turned to the right toward him."
  • Agent John Ready is looking off to his right; he also said he did this in response to the first shot.
  • Agent Bennett (between the Betzner and Willis photos) moves his head from his right to his left:

"I immediately looked from the right/crowd/physical area/and
         looked towards the President who was seated in the right
         rear seat of his limousine open convertible."

My timing of the Willis photo is that it was taken about 2.4 seconds after the first shots and 1.14 seconds before the second shot. If it happened that way, the Willis photo was "simultaneous" with the first two shots, but not a particular shot. Willis was sort of telling the truth, Ted Cruz-style.
My point being, Willis "was" in Dealey Plaza. There's proof.
I could give a rat's a$$ about Z202 vs Z204.
Aynesworth "was" somewhere. Dealey Plaza? No proof.

Don't muddle the issue.
We're back to Gerry Ford again. Regardless of what Ted Kennedy said years later, there was still a quid pro quo.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 05:23:29 PM by John Tonkovich »

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
On a second look through the photos, Charles, I think I found the woman described by Aynesworth. She's right by the entrance to the jail, which is to say, near the south end of the County Records Building along Houston. She is most easily observed in the Betzner photo of the JFK limo on Houston.

To be clear, I don't have a particular grievance against Aynesworth. When I first started researching this case (about 18 years ago), I was confounded by all the cherry-picking and misinformation caused by cherry-picking. So I decided to create a database per se, in which I compared the statements made by witnesses over the years. I started off with the assassination witnesses, but eventually included sections where I compare the statements of the Parkland witnesses as well. And the bottom line is this--most every witness making more than one or two statements over the years contradicted themselves on one point or another.

But that's not to say that witnesses are unreliable. When there is a consistent pattern within the witness statements--such as the earliest and closest witnesses saying the last two shots were bunched together--which is in direct opposition to the cognitive psychology maxim time slows down during traumatic events--one can bet the farm the last two loud sounds heard by the bulk of the witnesses were bunched together.

As far as the possibility of a shot at 190, it's not just the blur analysis and eyewitness evidence that places the first shot at this time, but the photo analysis. One of the most overlooked facts about the case is that the HSCA photography panel concluded a shot rang out before Kennedy went behind the sign...and that they came to this conclusion before the acoustics panel came to their conclusion a shot at Z-190 was probable.

Dave Powers said Kennedy jerked off the side of the car when hit. Kennedy's head and arm movements as he heads behind the sign suggest he was hit at this time. His movements at this time certainly don't look natural. And the failure of Dale Myers etc to acknowledge this and to insist he continued calmly waving at this time is perplexing, to say the least.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:14:28 PM by Pat Speer »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
On a second look through the photos, Charles, I think I found the woman described by Aynesworth. She's right by the entrance to the jail, which is to say, at the south end of the County Records Building along Houston. She is most easily observed in the Betzner photo of the JFK limo on Houston.

To be clear, I don't have a particular grievance against Aynesworth. When I first started researching this case (about 18 years ago), I was confounded by all the cherry-picking and misinformation caused by cherry-picking. So I decided to create a database per se, in which I compared the statements made by witnesses over the years. I started off with the assassination witnesses, but eventually included sections where I compare the statements of the Parkland witnesses as well. And the bottom line is this--most every witness making more than one or two statements over the years contradicted themselves on one point or another.

But that's not to say that witnesses are unreliable. When there is a consistent pattern within the witness statements--such as the earliest and closest witnesses saying the last two shots were bunched together--which is in direct opposition to the cognitive psychology maxim time slows down during traumatic events--one can bet the farm the last two loud sounds heard by the bulk of the witnesses were bunched together.

As far as the possibility of a shot at 190, it's not just the blur analysis and eyewitness evidence that places the first shot at this time, but the photo analysis. One of the most overlooked facts about the case is that the HSCA photography panel concluded a shot rang out before Kennedy went behind the sign...and that they came to this conclusion before the acoustics panel came to their conclusion a shot at Z-190 was probable. Here's why...

Kennedy's head and arm movements as he heads behind the sign suggest he was hit at this time. They certainly don't look natural. And the failure of Dale Myers etc to acknowledge this and to insist he continued calmly waving at this time is perplexing, to say the least.
Thanks Mr Speer.
SS and FBI both suggested Z207 as first hit. Within days of the assassination.

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
Thanks Mr Speer.
SS and FBI both suggested Z207 as first hit. Within days of the assassination.

If you haven't looked at Chapter 2b at patspeer.com, you should probably give it a look.

Purvis and I used to hash it out on the Ed Forum. He had it in his head that the SS and FBI were on the up and up, and that the WC came along and dismantled their work.

But Purvis had NEVER bothered to read the FBI and SS memos and reports on this stuff. It turns out that the FBI and SS both claimed the head shot occurred way past Kennedy's position at Z-313, and that Eisenberg and Specter caught them in this charade, and tried to straighten things out, so that their single-assassin solution wouldn't collapse under even the slightest analysis. This is all demonstrated on my website.

In essence, I believe the SS and FBI were concerned the shots were fired too closely together, and that they deliberately moved the head shot (which they believed was the last shot) further down the road so as to give the assassin (whom they believed to be Oswald) more time to fire the shots. They fudged their work. And got caught.

FWIW, when confronted with the FBI internal memos proving the FBI assumed the last shot was the head shot, Purvis claimed they'd all been faked by Specter et al, to cover their tracks. These were the FBI's internal memos, from the FBI's files, which had never been provided the Warren Commission.

I lost respect for Purvis at that point.

We'd been colleagues, of sorts, in that we were at one point the only two researchers pushing there was a shot after the head shot. But I couldn't go along with his claim Specter and Eisenberg and Belin et al were the bad guys in this whole fiasco, and that the SS and FBI were innocent. At the time I wondered if anti-semitism had clouded his thinking, but later came to believe his military background had led him to favor what he interpreted as hard-working men of action over sycophantic lawyer-types. And I can't say I disagree with him in that bias...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:56:37 PM by Pat Speer »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2020, 07:02:52 PM »
On a second look through the photos, Charles, I think I found the woman described by Aynesworth. She's right by the entrance to the jail, which is to say, near the south end of the County Records Building along Houston. She is most easily observed in the Betzner photo of the JFK limo on Houston.

I looked for a large black woman wearing a pink dress in Bell, Hughes and Nix color films. Only the Bell video, from “The Lost “Bullet”, gives a clear enough view of, possibly, such a woman. I stabilized Bell's Houston Street clip, centering on a woman that seems to wear a very faint pinkish dress. She is near where Don Roberdeau shows Aynesworth on the sidewalk towards the SW corner of the DCRB.  After stabilization, 9 frames were combined with stacking software. Stacking (frame addition) improves the signal-to-noise ratio with the aim of strongly increasing the image saturation. The result on my laptop appears pinkish, while on a TV appears a little more orange.

edit: Upon plotting the camera locations of Bell and Betzner both of us are discussing the same woman.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:59:28 PM by James Hackerott »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2020, 07:16:24 PM »
I looked for a large black woman wearing a pink dress in Bell, Hughes and Nix color films. Only the Bell video, from “The Lost “Bullet”, gives a clear enough view of, possibly, such a woman. I stabilized Bell's Houston Street clip, centering on a woman that seems to wear a very faint pinkish dress. She is near where Don Roberdeau shows Aynesworth on the sidewalk towards the SW corner of the DCRB.  After stabilization, 9 frames were combined with stacking software. Stacking (frame addition) improves the signal-to-noise ratio with the aim of strongly increasing the image saturation. The result on my laptop appears pinkish, while on a TV appears a little more orange.

Ok, that's all well and good...... I'll not disagree with you.....  BUT?..... Where is Aynesworth?  He doesn't appear to be in the vicinity.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2020, 07:16:24 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »
Ok, that's all well and good...... I'll not disagree with you.....  BUT?..... Where is Aynesworth?  He doesn't appear to be in the vicinity.
I don't have any idea what he looked like at that time. Does anyone?