Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 119656 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2020, 04:40:50 AM »
Advertisement
Who is this   " Mason " you mention ?
It's a simple question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2020, 04:40:50 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2020, 12:56:18 PM »
Who is this   " Mason " you mention ?
It's a simple question.

Andrew Mason.  Reply #145 on: October 30, 2020, 05:58:56 PM
                        Reply #149 on: November 02, 2020, 03:53:24 PM
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:57:34 PM by Denis Pointing »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »
IMO the only reactions that have any validity when examining the Z-film for shots are those of JFK and JBC after they have been hit. Everything else seems to be a matter of interpretation.
I also find the lack of reaction by the SS agents telling when compared to their obvious reactions in Altgens 6.
The article does have some interesting insights, particularly concerning the reactions of Landis and Ready but I couldn't disagree more with the following assessment:

"Ms. Willis’s sudden head turn towards the Book Depository in the first ½ second of the Zapruder film is the film’s earliest unambiguous evidence that the first shot happened before Z133."

"Unambiguous evidence"? Not convinced by that, just as I'm not convinced by a 'pre-Zapruder' shot for reasons outlined above.

"Puzzling as hell" - I'll definitely go for that  Thumb1:

One of the more unambiguous descriptions of when the first shot occurred comes from Victoria Adams. Here is a link to a thread I started a while back regarding this:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2647.0.html

The fact that Victoria’s position and the position of the tree that blocked her view are stationary positions is what makes her description less ambiguous than many others.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »
One of the more unambiguous descriptions of when the first shot occurred comes from Victoria Adams. Here is a link to a thread I started a while back regarding this:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2647.0.html

The fact that Victoria’s position and the position of the tree that blocked her view are stationary positions is what makes her description less ambiguous than many others.
Just a hunch, a guess here but it seems to me that a shooter (whoever he was; I think it was Oswald) would have tried a shot before the Z222/223 film location of a separate shot. At that point, i.e., Z222/223 the limo is relatively far down Elm Street. Wouldn't a shooter have tried an easier/closer shot before that?

I just think - and it's just a guess - that a first shot would have been wiser earlier. Why wait until Z222 for the first try? Z222 make no sense to me as the first shot.

That (ahem) brilliance on my part tells us nothing about when that shot took place. If it was around Z133 then there were three shots in about 10 seconds. Meaning the slow reaction by the SS was indefensible.

Shorter: this is a worthless post, isn't it <g>?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2020, 04:33:02 PM »
Just a hunch, a guess here but it seems to me that a shooter (whoever he was; I think it was Oswald) would have tried a shot before the Z222/223 film location of a separate shot. At that point, i.e., Z222/223 the limo is relatively far down Elm Street. Wouldn't a shooter have tried an easier/closer shot before that?

I just think - and it's just a guess - that a first shot would have been wiser earlier. Why wait until Z222 for the first try? Z222 make no sense to me as the first shot.

That (ahem) brilliance on my part tells us nothing about when that shot took place. If it was around Z133 then there were three shots in about 10 seconds. Meaning the slow reaction by the SS was indefensible.

Steve, the first shot might have been inadvertent, in my opinion. I say this after studying the ergonomics of the sniper’s nest in my 3-D model. It appears to me that both  the conduit closest to the window, and the box on top of the stack under the window, would have the potential to cause the inadvertent shot. And if this was the case, then the apparent bullet marks on and near the manhole cover on the south side of Elm Street might have been where it hit first. Then it could have impacted the curb next to what’s his name on Main Street. Just my opinion!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2020, 04:33:02 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »
I don't expect the Secret Service to have act uniformly and instantaneously. I think there's some hindsight being unfairly applied here.

There was a fleeting chance the first loud noise really was a backfire or firecracker. The agents were familiar with firearms but not on a everyday basis. Sometimes when you have a preference for an outcome (ie: the first loud noise not being a gunshot) it colors your perception.

Like how Biden supporters (like myself) believed he was going to have an easier night, that there was no way Trump was going to take all five or six of the big states that he needed; but lo-and-behold he did.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »

I think this a really important point Steve. It boils down to the oak tree that partly obscures the route of the Presidential limo from the sniper's nest. Possibly Charles can help out here as I can't find a reliable estimation of when the limo emerged from behind the oak tree from in terms of z-frames (as seen from the sniper's nest). I suspect an assassin, firing from the sniper's nest would take the first shot as soon as the limo was clear of the oak tree, but I'm not 100% sure when this is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2020, 05:18:30 PM »
I don't expect the Secret Service to have act uniformly and instantaneously. I think there's some hindsight being unfairly applied here.

There was a fleeting chance the first loud noise really was a backfire or firecracker. The agents were familiar with firearms but not on a everyday basis. Sometimes when you have a preference for an outcome (ie: the first loud noise not being a gunshot) it colors your perception.

Like how Biden supporters (like myself) believed he was going to have an easier night, that there was no way Trump was going to take all five or six of the big states that he needed; but lo-and-behold he did.
Ten seconds over six is an indictment of the SS. Do I think they should have saved JFK? No, but there should have been a quicker reaction. Yes, easy for me sitting on my butt to say that.

As to Biden: I voted for him (Harris is completely unqualified for high office) but for a Republican Senator, i.e., divided government. That looks to be what we got. I didn't expect a Biden blowout but it looks like it's going to be something around 272 or so. He's going to have to moderate his policies if that holds up. The hard left (or hard right) won't like it but too bad.

As to the electorate: our liberal press and elites simply cannot think beyond race. They think black and Hispanics are over there; and whites over here. There's much more diversity within those groups than the liberal/left realizes or wants. That's a great sign for the country. A white party and a non-white party is not good for the country.