Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 122073 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »
Advertisement
To return to Rosemary Willis: She (for me) is clearly reacting, as shown below, much earlier than Z200 to "something" (assuming the clip below is synchronized with the frames correctly). She completely stops at around Z190 but is looking away from the limo while jogging after roughly Z160. In several interviews she said she was reacting to the sound of a gun shot (she never testified to the WC).

One "problem" is that everyone around her appears not to be reacting at all. It's amazing really. Something got her attention (it couldn't have been her father calling her; he's still taking a photo) but no one else?

I see her just running alongside the parade, she can't keep up so she stops running. It'd be weird if she followed them through the triple underpass. It's like 'head turns', people pick a spot for a shot in the Z-film and whatever happens around that moment becomes instantly suspicious. She is just running alongside the limo, probably trying to keep up with Jackie, who appears to be watching the little girl running at one point. Maybe she did hear a noise but, as you point out, no-one else reacted to it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »
I'd go with 'smorgasbord' over 'buffet'. Just seems more vivid, far-reaching, somehow. Well, at least somewhat more stylish. And what's wrong with a little flair, eh wot?

But I guess it depends on which side one's bread is buttered..

;)

Always adding a touch of class Bill.  8)

"But I guess it depends on which side one's bread is buttered.."

And finishing off with a hint of mystery.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2020, 06:41:40 PM »
To return to Rosemary Willis: She (for me) is clearly reacting, as shown below, much earlier than Z200 to "something" (assuming the clip below is synchronized with the frames correctly). She completely stops at around Z190 but is looking away from the limo while jogging after roughly Z160. In several interviews she said she was reacting to the sound of a gun shot (she never testified to the WC).

One "problem" is that everyone around her appears not to be reacting at all. It's amazing really. Something got her attention (it couldn't have been her father calling her; he's still taking a photo) but no one else?

Just to add a bit more detail to what you were saying Steve. The video below stitches together several clips that have Rosemary running alongside the Presidential limo. At first she is following an older female (possibly her mother/older sister?). Quickly Rosemary overtakes the older female and if you look in the third clip (a close-up from the Z-film) it appears to me that the older female is cupping her hands to her mouth, possibly calling out to Rosemary who is just running off like a headless chicken.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2020, 06:41:40 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »
I see her just running alongside the parade, she can't keep up so she stops running. It'd be weird if she followed them through the triple underpass. It's like 'head turns', people pick a spot for a shot in the Z-film and whatever happens around that moment becomes instantly suspicious. She is just running alongside the limo, probably trying to keep up with Jackie, who appears to be watching the little girl running at one point. Maybe she did hear a noise but, as you point out, no-one else reacted to it.
But she said in several interviews that she slowed and then stopped after hearing a gun shot.

And yes, it's dangerous to engage in a sort of "confirmation bias", selecting that piece of evidence (as one sees it) to support their view.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2020, 07:18:43 PM »
But she said in several interviews that she slowed and then stopped after hearing a gun shot.

And yes, it's dangerous to engage in a sort of "confirmation bias", selecting that piece of evidence (as one sees it) to support their view.

As I've said elsewhere Steve, if you watch the Z-film Rosemary slows down and stops but the car load of SS agents show no sign of reacting to a potential gunshot. Although not impossible, It's my personal outlook that this is really unlikely, particularly when we see what appear to be serious reactions in Altgens6, reactions that are confirmed by the testimony of the agents themselves.
As I say, this is more of a personal opinion on this issue.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 07:20:47 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2020, 07:18:43 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2020, 08:47:58 PM »
Just to add a bit more detail to what you were saying Steve. The video below stitches together several clips that have Rosemary running alongside the Presidential limo. At first she is following an older female (possibly her mother/older sister?). Quickly Rosemary overtakes the older female and if you look in the third clip (a close-up from the Z-film) it appears to me that the older female is cupping her hands to her mouth, possibly calling out to Rosemary who is just running off like a headless chicken.

The girl with her hands raised in the Zapruder film is Rosemary's older sister Linda. She appears to be shading her eyes from the sun. The woman Rosemary ran pass earlier (in the Dorman film) is someone other than Linda Willis.

The mid-Z140s supposedly shows Rosemary's head turn towards her right, but Z147 and Z148, I believe, shows she had not turned her head. If she had turned her head rightward in the mid-Z140s, it would have been for just 1/3 second. Therefore, I believe her face is hard to distinguish in the mide-Z140s due to glare.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »
As I've said elsewhere Steve, if you watch the Z-film Rosemary slows down and stops but the car load of SS agents show no sign of reacting to a potential gunshot. Although not impossible, It's my personal outlook that this is really unlikely, particularly when we see what appear to be serious reactions in Altgens6, reactions that are confirmed by the testimony of the agents themselves.
As I say, this is more of a personal opinion on this issue.
Dan: As you know, you can drive yourself nuts trying to discern a first shot from looking at the crowd. It's puzzling as hell.

Not sure if this was cited. It's a longish article on Willis:

https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2013/12/redskirt.html

I don't agree with all of it but it has some interesting points.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2020, 12:25:07 AM »
Dan: As you know, you can drive yourself nuts trying to discern a first shot from looking at the crowd. It's puzzling as hell.

Not sure if this was cited. It's a longish article on Willis:

https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2013/12/redskirt.html

I don't agree with all of it but it has some interesting points.

IMO the only reactions that have any validity when examining the Z-film for shots are those of JFK and JBC after they have been hit. Everything else seems to be a matter of interpretation.
I also find the lack of reaction by the SS agents telling when compared to their obvious reactions in Altgens 6.
The article does have some interesting insights, particularly concerning the reactions of Landis and Ready but I couldn't disagree more with the following assessment:

"Ms. Willis’s sudden head turn towards the Book Depository in the first ½ second of the Zapruder film is the film’s earliest unambiguous evidence that the first shot happened before Z133."

"Unambiguous evidence"? Not convinced by that, just as I'm not convinced by a 'pre-Zapruder' shot for reasons outlined above.

"Puzzling as hell" - I'll definitely go for that  Thumb1: