Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: My Re-Evaluation of Johnny Brewer’s Initial Report of December 6, 1963  (Read 14742 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Advertisement
Brewer even said in his interview with Griggs that when he was following the man he was thinking "what am I doing here?".  I believe that his story about hearing on the radio that a policeman had been shot in Oak Cliff was a post-hoc fabrication (conscious or unconscious) to justify why he was suspicious of this man standing in front of his shop.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Brewer even said in his interview with Griggs that when he was following the man he was thinking "what am I doing here?".  I believe that his story about hearing on the radio that a policeman had been shot in Oak Cliff was a post-hoc fabrication (conscious or unconscious) to justify why he was suspicious of this man standing in front of his shop.

::)

Only 'standing in front of his shop' was he... did Brewer say that was what made him look funny?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:59:20 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

::)

Only 'standing in front of his shop' was he... did Brewer say that was what made him look funny?

Look who's JAQ-ing now!

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

That's too late.  At 43:40 in this video they mention that Kilduff announced that the president had died at 1:00, and that it was "thirty-five minutes ago".
Anyone who watches that NBC video should see that the official announcement of the presidents death being made at 1:38 PM CST [43:35 on the tape] Logic dictates that @56:55, that would make the time @1:51 PM CST ----21 minutes or so later. Oswald was in the police car headed downtown at that time.... end of story so please quit making up stories!!!
Is it not embarrassing enough so far? :D
This leaves the police invasion of the Texas Theater being based on a post-arrest fabrication a la cover-up. 

Offline Bill Chapman

Look who's JAQ-ing now!

It's not JAQing since I'm not attempting to garner plausible deniability. It seems you're the one who doesn't know what the term JAQing means.

Addtionally, you are once again attempting to mislead by ignoring that which gave Brewer cause to watch the guy walk down the street in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 05:58:59 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

"Assuming"? ----What is your major malfunction? The recordings are preserved on youtube....
@ 2:05:30 the report JFK is dead [announcement came at 1:38 CST] @2:33 in the recording the report of the Oak Cliff shooting....Do the math---------

This recording starts at the announcement of JFK's death [1:38 CST]
NOTE--- 24:30 = [minutes later] the report states "Moments ago a policeman was reported shot shot down at 10th and Patton in the Oak Cliff area...."

It seems that hearts are broken that Brewer lied...get over it....move on.

The Dallas police Dictabelt recording of the radio transmissions show the dispatcher and one other policeman reporting that NBC News had reported that a Dallas police officer had been shot and killed. This brief talk took place at 1:27 to 1:28 CST, 13 to 14 minutes after the shooting. This is about 7 to 8 minutes before Oswald first showed up at the shoe store.

So, for us to conclude that the police were hearing things, we would need, at a minimum, a recording of the NBC news radio station during this time. Something that Mr. Freeman has not provided us with yet.

Now, about the two recording Mr. Freeman has provided us with:

The KBOX recording is worthless because it doesn’t start until it is officially known and announced that the President is dead. These announcements were not made by the media until 1:35 or later so this recording tells us nothing of what was broadcast between 1:15 and 1:36.

The KLIF broadcast is more useful, it starts at 11:30 CST. But was it the NBC News station? We have no information that Mr. Brewer was listening to this station. But a couple things of interest:

At 1:49:00, which corresponds to 1:19 CST, 4 minutes after the shooting of Officer Tippit, KLIF reported “And new here’s a late report from Dallas police. One secret service agent was killed in the assassin’s attempt. This was a false report, but it could cause Mr. Brewer to remember hearing about someone else being killed. This could cause some confusion in Mr. Brewer’s mind. Two weeks later he may assume he heard a report of the killing of a police officer, not of a secret service agent.

On KLIF, there is no report of a police officer being shot. However, at 1:54:19, or 1:24 CST, they said “KLIF is only accepting news from official sources, those whom we are in contact daily.” This implies they had the policy not to rely information from other sources, like NBC News. So KLIF might report the Officer Tippit shooting much later. But we don’t know if all Dallas radio stations have this policy.

I remember that many stations had a different policy. They could report flashes from other news agencies, so long as they gave them credit. So, an ABC radio station might report:

“NBC News has just reported that a Dallas police officer was shot in the Oak Cliff area”.

But KLIF had a different policy, so it did not report the officer shooting until later.

All and all, Mr. Freeman has done the minimum, to prove that no Dallas radio station reported on this shooting before 1:35 CST. He only provided the recording of two stations. One of which starts too late to be of any use on the question. Neither is, as far as I can tell, the NBC News Radio station that was being discussed on the Dictabelt tape.

It is possible that Mr. Freeman was lying, or more likely, mistaken about hearing about a police officer was shot before Oswald ducked into his foyer. He might have been listening to KLIF. But we have no information what radio station he was listening to. He might have been listening to the NBC News station, or some radio station willing to forward the news flashes of other networks.

Mr. Freeman needs to do more work to prove that is was impossible for Mr. Brewer to have heard about the shooing of Officer Tippit in the Oak Cliff area. He needs to provide us with a continuous recording of the local NBC station during the time of 1:10 to 1:40.

P.S.

David Von Pein has a recording of the New York NBC station, I assume, because it uses EST times, not CST. We need a recording of the local Dallas NBC station.

Offline Jerry Freeman

We need a recording of the local Dallas NBC station.
Now prove that Brewer was listening to WBAP.
 3:27:40 Witness describes shots from the knoll.
 3:37:00 [video timing officially]--- JFK announced dead.

Joe Elliott has supplied absolutely no support for any of his speculative statements.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

You're the one doing the justifying here, not Brewer.

In this interview with Brewer, at one point he says he thought something to the effect of 'what in hell I doing... am I taking this too far?'.

Point out where that could mean anything other than Brewer knowing full well that the funny looking guy might well have been armed & dangerous.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:17:34 AM by Bill Chapman »