Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Victoria Adams’ view from the fourth floor window  (Read 7222 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Victoria Adams’ view from the fourth floor window
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 02:33:57 AM »
Advertisement
Victoria Adams spoke to detective James R. Leavelle of the DPD on 2/17/64. This is part of her statement: "When the President got in front of us I heard someone call him, and he turned. That is when I heard the first shot."

I reviewed the Tina Towner film and paid close attention to the actions of JFK. In the final few seconds of that film JFK does turn his head toward the TSBD and his right arm raises up and he waves just as the film ends. Just like Victoria Adams said.

Next I used Mark Tyler"s Motorcade 63 animation and paused it approximately where the end of Towner's film is indicated. Then I plotted the location of JFK in the backseat of the limo using the scale of Mark's animation. And placed a convertible with a male character in the backseat in that plotted location (relative to the southeast corner of the TSBD) in my 3-D computer model. Next I viewed the scene (using my 3-D model) as Victoria would have seen it from the fourth floor window. The results were just as Victoria said: right in front of her window and just before going behind the tree is the convertible with the male character. The front portion of the convertible is hidden from her view by the tree limbs but the rear seat and it's occupant are still visible.

Tina Towner has said that she stopped filming just before the first shot. Dale Myers calculated that Towner's film ends just before Zapruder began filming that portion of his film. And in the first portion of Zapruder's film JFK is seen lowering his right arm just after the wave that was begun at the end of Towner's film.

I asked for and received permission from Mark Tyler to post a couple of screenshots that will let you see some of the items I used in the proceedures I have just described.

The Towner film start position:

The Towner film end position:

The view (from the 3-D model 4th floor window) that Victoria Adams was watching the motorcade from:

The free 3-D program that I use has its limitations and mine as its user. But I have used the sniper's nest model to demonstrate several things and it has proven to be accurate. I still need to fine tune things like the dimensions of the tree, but this is close enough to show that Victoria Adams was accurate in her description of what she saw. In the book "The Girl on the Stairs" by Barry Ernest Victoria clarifies her earlier statements and specifically says that she heard the first shot while JFK was hidden from her view by the tree.

Anyway, this appears to me to be further evidence that the first shot happened in the vicinity of Z-133. I believe it probably happened just before Z-133.

If any others with 3-D computer models cares to take the time to verify this work I would greatly appreciate it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 02:33:57 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 02:58:04 AM »
Victoria Adams spoke to detective James R. Leavelle of the DPD on 2/17/64. This is part of her statement: "When the President got in front of us I heard someone call him, and he turned. That is when I heard the first shot."

I reviewed the Tina Towner film and paid close attention to the actions of JFK. In the final few seconds of that film JFK does turn his head toward the TSBD and his right arm raises up and he waves just as the film ends. Just like Victoria Adams said.

Next I used Mark Tyler"s Motorcade 63 animation and paused it approximately where the end of Towner's film is indicated. Then I plotted the location of JFK in the backseat of the limo using the scale of Mark's animation. And placed a convertible with a male character in the backseat in that plotted location (relative to the southeast corner of the TSBD) in my 3-D computer model. Next I viewed the scene (using my 3-D model) as Victoria would have seen it from the fourth floor window. The results were just as Victoria said: right in front of her window and just before going behind the tree is the convertible with the male character. The front portion of the convertible is hidden from her view by the tree limbs but the rear seat and it's occupant are still visible.

Tina Towner has said that she stopped filming just before the first shot. Dale Myers calculated that Towner's film ends just before Zapruder began filming that portion of his film. And in the first portion of Zapruder's film JFK is seen lowering his right arm just after the wave that was begun at the end of Towner's film.

I asked for and received permission from Mark Tyler to post a couple of screenshots that will let you see some of the items I used in the proceedures I have just described.

The Towner film start position:

The Towner film end position:

The view (from the 3-D model 4th floor window) that Victoria Adams was watching the motorcade from:

The free 3-D program that I use has its limitations and mine as its user. But I have used the sniper's nest model to demonstrate several things and it has proven to be accurate. I still need to fine tune things like the dimensions of the tree, but this is close enough to show that Victoria Adams was accurate in her description of what she saw. In the book "The Girl on the Stairs" by Barry Ernest Victoria clarifies her earlier statements and specifically says that she heard the first shot while JFK was hidden from her view by the tree.

Anyway, this appears to me to be further evidence that the first shot happened in the vicinity of Z-133. I believe it probably happened just before Z-133.

If any others with 3-D computer models cares to take the time to verify this work I would greatly appreciate it.

Charles,

Good work!

FWIW, I seriously think JFK might have been waving back to pretty Patricia Ann Donaldson-Lawrence, who was standing in the curving line in the street and is visible not only in Wiegman, but in Towner as well, not far from Stetson Man (who, being tall and dressed in white, serves as a good visual landmark in these clips).

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:13:28 AM by Thomas Graves »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 03:03:09 AM »
Charles,

Good work!

FWIW, I seriously think JFK might have been waving back to pretty Patricia Ann Donaldson-Lawrence, who was standing in the curving line in the street and is visible not only in Wiegman, but in Towner and Hughes (iirc) as well, not far from Stetson Man (who, being tall and dressed in white, serves as a good visual landmark in these clips).

--  MWT  ;)

Thanks!

So you think that JFK was flirting with the pretty gals in Texas while sitting right next to his wife???

Hmmm, you’re probably right! 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 03:03:09 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 06:18:58 AM »
Thanks!

So you think that JFK was flirting with the pretty gals in Texas while sitting right next to his wife???

Hmmm, you’re probably right!

Charles,

I just now watched the Towner clip (again) and reread what you'd written ... and I was wrong.

If JFK waved to pretty Patricia Ann, it would have been when he waved the lingering wave a few seconds earlier, i.e., at about 0:06 in this clip:

So maybe he was waving to pretty Peggy Joyce Hawkins (and her four year-old son) on the "island," instead.

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

Edit:  Or (he's waving at Patricia Ann in the background, near Strtson Man) at about 0:14 in this slo-mo version:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35n2ha
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 08:26:57 AM by Thomas Graves »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 01:39:59 PM »
Charles,

I just now watched the Towner clip (again) and reread what you'd written ... and I was wrong.

If JFK waved to pretty Patricia Ann, it would have been when he waved the lingering wave a few seconds earlier, i.e., at about 0:06 in this clip:

So maybe he was waving to pretty Peggy Joyce Hawkins (and her four year-old son) on the "island," instead.

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

Edit:  Or (he's waving at Patricia Ann in the background, near Strtson Man) at about 0:14 in this slo-mo version:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35n2ha

To me it appears that JFK was doing a repetitive almost rhythmic motion in which he was raising and lowering his right arm to wave and turning his head to acknowledge the crowd. And this appears to be interrupted for a little bit immediately following the end of Towner’s film/beginning of Zapruder film. In other words if one watches his actions during the Towner film and can discern the rhythm I just described, one would expect a continuation of that type of rhythm during the first part of the Zapruder film. But that doesn’t happen. It is a considerable amount of time before he starts another wave. And during that interval we can see some quizzical looking expressions on the occupants of the limo as they appear to be looking all around and wondering what that loud noise was. See photo by Croft for the expressions, and the motions in that portion of Zapruder film. By the time of the Garrison fiasco, Phil Willis had changed his claim about the first causing him to take his fifth photo to it causing him to take one of his photos. Willis’ fourth photo was taken (you guessed it) very shortly after z-133. And it is out of focus and motion blurred as one would expect if it had been inadvertently taken before Willis was completely ready and had everything set. JFK appears to be brushing his hair back in Willis 4. Who was it that said the first shot happened right after JFK did that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 01:39:59 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 03:18:07 PM »
To me it appears that JFK was doing a repetitive almost rhythmic motion in which he was raising and lowering his right arm to wave and turning his head to acknowledge the crowd. And this appears to be interrupted for a little bit immediately following the end of Towner’s film/beginning of Zapruder film. In other words if one watches his actions during the Towner film and can discern the rhythm I just described, one would expect a continuation of that type of rhythm during the first part of the Zapruder film. But that doesn’t happen. It is a considerable amount of time before he starts another wave. And during that interval we can see some quizzical looking expressions on the occupants of the limo as they appear to be looking all around and wondering what that loud noise was. See photo by Croft for the expressions, and the motions in that portion of Zapruder film. By the time of the Garrison fiasco, Phil Willis had changed his claim about the first causing him to take his fifth photo to it causing him to take one of his photos. Willis’ fourth photo was taken (you guessed it) very shortly after z-133. And it is out of focus and motion blurred as one would expect if it had been inadvertently taken before Willis was completely ready and had everything set. JFK appears to be brushing his hair back in Willis 4. Who was it that said the first shot happened right after JFK did that?

I still go with Max Holland when he says the first shot occured about 1.4 seconds before Z133.

If the first shot was the one that injured James Tague, it had to lose its copper jacket somewhere along the way, probably when it glanced off the traffic light mast arm.

Hinkley (sp?) bent over and looked at something on the ground. His attention could have been drawn to the falling debris from that impact.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 04:00:38 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »
I still go with Max Holland when he says the first shot occured about 1.4 seconds before Z133.

If the first shot was the one that injured James Tague, it had to lose its copper jacket somewhere along the way, probably when it glanced off the traffic light mast arm.

Hinkley (sp?) bent over and looked at something on the ground. His attemtention could have been drawn to the falling debris from that impact.

--  MWT  ;)

I think Hickey was probably looking at tires for evidence of a blowout after hearing the loud bang. I have a theory that LHO was positioning the rifle and intended to wait to fire until just after JFK emerged from the other side of the tree (from the sniper's nest view). But, while moving into position, his left arm hit the electrical conduit between his position and the window frame and this unexpected collision caused him to inadvertently fire the rifle before he could fully position and aim it. The bullet could have hit the corner of the concrete pad where DPD Foster found a mark. There is also a furrow in the turf nearby. The copper jacket could have separated from the lead due to that impact and the jacket caused the furrow. Some or all of the remaining lead bullet could have continued and struck the curb near Tague's position. Just a theory, but I don't know of any conclusive evidence that says it is impossible.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 04:11:24 PM »

I think Hickey was probably looking at tires for evidence of a blowout after hearing the loud bang. I have a theory that LHO was positioning the rifle and intended to wait to fire until just after JFK emerged from the other side of the tree (from the sniper's nest view). But, while moving into position, his left arm hit the electrical conduit between his position and the window frame and this unexpected collision caused him to inadvertently fire the rifle before he could fully position and aim it. The bullet could have hit the corner of the concrete pad where DPD Foster found a mark. There is also a furrow in the turf nearby. The copper jacket could have separated from the lead due to that impact and the jacket caused the furrow. Some or all of the remaining lead bullet could have continued and struck the curb near Tague's position. Just a theory, but I don't know of any conclusive evidence that says it is impossible.

Charles,

I wonder where the mast arm is (from the sniper's perspective) in your Vicki Adams-based simulation?

--  MWT ;)